MENDEED@ Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Stigmurder

25 Dez. 2006
I wonder, if anyone will recognize that this "metalcore / no metalcore"-discussion doesn't and never will lead to an end. And the level, discussions are based on here is sinking each time you "talk" about it. It's not really talking, insulting fits it better.
I don't like metalcore/deathcore/hardcore whatever-core either and I DO THINK that it doesn't fit into the idea of this particular festival, but as long as the festival evolves with time by taking four or five of these bands into the 60-bands-billing (!) I think noone has to whine around.
So if I am right and NOONE did recognize it, I'll tell you again:

THIS DISCUSSION WON'T LEAD TO ANY GOAL.

Go and see those fashion-bands or drink a beer or two or go to one of THE OTHER STAGES (YEAAAH GUYS, WE'VE GOT 4 STAGES IN WACKEN! IMPRESSIVE, ISN'T IT!?)
Well,i like core genres.And here is a discussion about it:
http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=130300&page=5
But this band is not -core anyway,just fashion mdm...
And with this:
And: NO, there won't be playing Core-Bands on all of the stages at the same time :(
I agree 100% :)

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
www.rebelforcesacademy.tk
im amazed at how many people are jumping to the defence of this band. id never heard of them before i was unlucky enough to see them as a support band. theyre a lame hardocre band amde up of a bunch of scottish noobs who cant play theyre instruments. and their attempts at looking metal on stage are just cringe-worthy. another band to add to the ever growing shit pile.

Tyfon

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Aug. 2006
im amazed at how many people are jumping to the defence of this band. id never heard of them before i was unlucky enough to see them as a support band. theyre a lame hardocre band amde up of a bunch of scottish noobs who cant play theyre instruments. and their attempts at looking metal on stage are just cringe-worthy. another band to add to the ever growing shit pile.
with this post you show that you know absolutely nothing about the band :)
But from this post i can see that you are to dump to understand that they are no hardcore band and when you say they can't play there instruments you are very wrong.
Damn idiot.

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
Firstly, I can only imagine by 'dump' you mean 'dumb', hoisted by your own ill-constructed petard there I think.

Secondly, the whole basis of your counter-argument can be reduced to you calling me a an idiot. Whereas, as far as I'm concerned, I've seen the band, and heard their feeble attempts at playing, and therefore know what to expect (or rather what not to expect).

You my friend, are the reason more and more bands like this are being confirmed, a somewhat distorted perspective of what is and what isn't metal.

Stigmurder

25 Dez. 2006
valerydarcy
U know nothing about hardcore,thats why stop calling every fashion band as a hardcore band.Hardcore are Sick Of It All,Agnostic Front,Blood For Blood and so on...

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
valerydarcy
U know nothing about hardcore,thats why stop calling every fashion band as a hardcore band.Hardcore are Sick Of It All,Agnostic Front,Blood For Blood and so on...

Thank fuck I'm not the only one sticking up for true hardcore...
Nearly punched a kid in London for denying Sick of it All being hardcore (said they were "just punk")... decided not to because it was outside the houses of parliament - armed guards galore, didn't fancy being shot...

Tyfon

14 Aug. 2006
Firstly, I can only imagine by 'dump' you mean 'dumb', hoisted by your own ill-constructed petard there I think.

Secondly, the whole basis of your counter-argument can be reduced to you calling me a an idiot. Whereas, as far as I'm concerned, I've seen the band, and heard their feeble attempts at playing, and therefore know what to expect (or rather what not to expect).

You my friend, are the reason more and more bands like this are being confirmed, a somewhat distorted perspective of what is and what isn't metal.

at first, yes all I want to is that you are an idiot.
I'm from Germany so I doesn't care if my English is good.
I have seen the band live too :)
and at last ... you are not my friend kk??

Tyfon

14 Aug. 2006
I doubt this will reach BfmV status! :D Shit, but not THAT shit. I'll just buy beer...that'll tale the pain away from my ears. :D :D :D
what you have against Mendeed????
It's no Metalcore and no Emocore like BfmV there are 3 stages at the same time so you don't have to watch them

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
Well, I've never been one for splitting hairs when it comes to categorizing bands into genres and I don't think leading this discussion down that road is going to satisfy anyone. I do however think that it suffices to say that regardless of how you'd label this band they're pretty damn crap and, I'll say it again, no they can't play their instruments. I remember watching the bassist closely during their gig and over the course of two songs he managed to play 3 notes, with spaces of about 30 seconds where he played nothing at all because he'd fucked up. The only dose of credibility that could possibly be rewarded to the band is that they have a relatively accomplished drummer. This however stretched only as far as his playing alone is concerned, because when it comes to playing as part of the band he cannot keep time with the rest of the members.

So to save myself future time, to any other so-called pluralists of metal taste and to those that set about meticulously defining each 'core type as some unique genre in their own right- I couldn't give a fuck, it sounds shit and thats the bottom line :rolleyes:

Höpi

3 Okt. 2006
at first, yes all I want to is that you are an idiot.
I'm from Germany so I doesn't care if my English is good.
I have seen the band live too :)
and at last ... you are not my friend kk??

I hope you all don't see this as a representative for Germany, thanks. :D

Edit: I listened to Mendeed now. To me it sounds like a mixture of Rock and Metalcore.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: