BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - FINALLY IN WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
www.rebelforcesacademy.tk
Sodom and Destruction are both playing? Damn, I'm slow!

By the way, Val, it's Dan/DMT.

Hey man- yep, both confirmed- and ill be seeing Kreator and Celtic Frost in March (again :p) so ill finally get to see the Holy Trinity of German thrash in one year :D

Haha. From my review of Wacken this year:

"As Alexi Laiho was demonstrating his mastery of the word ‘fuck’ in various combinations we assembled in position to view Celtic Frost."

Quite, as much as ill always love the early albums the mans a motherf*****g embarracement.

Triggsy666

21 Dez. 2006
Surely having BFMV on the same poster as the likes or immortal and vader would be like some muppet putting the "metalheadz against racism" logo next to a line up with bohse onkelz.............hang on a second
(extreme sarcasm and offence duly intended)

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
If such an emo band brings more girls and frauen to Wacken, I won't complain :o . After all, you can always see another band while they play, or just drink, or fuck, or whatever :rolleyes:

And Wacken T-Shirts are crap, no matter what logos are there :p

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
I'm in the middle on this...
I'm not a BFMV fan, and think their mix of emo and metal is pretty weak.
But on the other hand, I saw them supporting Guns n Roses last summer and they actually put on a good performance.
They're one of those bands who, despite being totally wank on cd, redeem themselves with an energetic and powerful live show.

At the same time, I 100% agree with everyone saying that they don't belong on this bill.

But, instead of doing the typical Download Festival thing of throwing bottles of piss at them, why not just turn around and buy a few beers while they're on?

As for their logo being on the shirts, if anyone comments saying "You saw BFMV, you're an emo fag", tell them that you didn't want them there, you didn't watch their set and that they (the person commenting) should piss off and gut themself with a broken bottle.

Remember you're not paying 99 Euros for a BFMV ticket, but a WACKEN FESTIVAL ticket, to see amazing bands such as Immortal, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Rage, Sodom, etc

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
The whole band could do back flips throughout their entire set, and I wouldn't be impressed - if they're still playing that diluted excuse for metal.

As for buying a t-shirt with the Bullet logo on, it's just not happening. To be honest, I've never bought any official merch anyway, because I always spend my money on CDs and t-shirts from the market that are much better. :p

We may be paying 99 Euros for a great line-up this year, but we've had ample evidence to expect increasingly poor line-ups in the future. Honestly, if Trivium haven't full on headlined this festival by 2009, i'll be surprised. But hey, it's all worth it if more girls turn up, right? :mad:

I see that the petition is over 530 names.

Ganey

7 Jan. 2007
bottle them or not i couldnt really care.. but the more shit u throw.. the more there is on stage.. longer to clean up... the longer for the next band to cheer everyone up... well if i get hit by a bottle.. thatl ruin my birthday...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
9 Jan. 2007
From the otherside

Yes I am a Bullet fan always have been and always will be and no I'm not some whinny emo who sits in his room crying,inflictin self harm etc etc you know the stereotype I'm sure, despite my age of 17 I am not a soley pop-rock fed emo . I've always wanted to go to the Wacken festival(especially last year when Emperor were there, but sadly I couldn't) and this year when I saw the line-up before Bullet were added I was sold, having bands like In Flames, Norther,Napalm Death and Dimmu Borgir (especially!) sounds absolutely fantastic and for me Bullet were the icing on the cake. Now I freely admit I was shocked to see them on the bill, knowing the reputation Wacken has for having nothing but the hardest (which also admittedly Bullet aren't) metal around. But I do have to say I'm stunned by the narrow-mindedness of the response. They certainly aren't everyone's cup of tea but chosing not to buy a Wacken shirt or even deciding not to go on the basis of one band is just bizzare, when the rest of the line-up is so strong. Why does'nt anyone listen to the advice "If you don't like them, go to another stage"? A band like Bullet thrive on adversity, so unless you want a repeat of what happened with My Chemical Romance at Reading last year, you'd leave the small minority(as I gather they certainly aren't popular on here!) to their own enjoyment. Is the greater commerciallisation of the festival neccesarily a bad thing? Say the name Wacken to most people and they stare at you blankly so wouldn't more people be a bonus to get clued into harder metal?

*awaits flaming for stating own entitled viewpoint*

boem

20 Dez. 2006
Why is not liking something the same as being narrow minded?
I for one like all kinds of the rock/metal universe, from Pink Floyd to Slayer, Stevie Ray Vaugh to Unleashed, Editors to Judas Priest.
I just don't like some fake annoying boy-band pretending to be a metal band. I always give new bands a chance, bfmv was no exeception. I saw them live, heared some song from them on cd, and they failed to deliver in my point of view.
It's not wrong te be commercial, great legendary bands like Kiss, Ozzy, Motley Crue, Metallica and Iron Maiden are huge commercial machines. But they can write great songs and play a good liveshow.
It's not a problem that there are bands on the bill that you don't like. I'm not a fan of Blind Guardian for example, but I don't mind them being there. This is about Wacken being the place where metalfans from all over the world go to once a year to escape the shitty festivals. The festivals with the annoying, aggresive, trendy visitors (I.E. Pinkpop, from my experience, and download, from what I hear and read) and the shitty trendy bands who play there. And now the things people try to avoid are comming to the one ''holy place'' we assumed was safe for this kind of nonsense.
It's no wonder people react this way, and even the very open minded musicfans like me and my friends will not buy the fesitval gear. It's not the band, it's the idea.

9 Jan. 2007
I suppose so yes, I wasn't meaning narrow minded in terms of not liking them, that is of course down to own personal tastes and should not be forced upon anyone, I was meerly commenting on the extremity of the reaction eg refusing to even go as cause of Bullet. From what I've seen of previous line-ups there has always been a slightly more commercial band each year, this year it's Bullet and I hardly think that after their performance this year Wacken will be invaded next year by the likes of 36 Crazyfists or Atreyu etc, the organisers after seeing this reaction would know better!(I hope)

Gamaggedon

10 Jan. 2007
Potsdam
well i dont like bullet either...however ill go to wacken anyways because there are different bands i want to see...but i have to say that my taste of music goes more into the hard stuff...death metal/black metal/grindcore (i also listen to heavy and power *g*) and i would be even more happier if there were bands coming who are "harder"...but thats only my opinion to this but I hope to have a great party with all metal headz all over the world

:)

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
It's no wonder people react this way, and even the very open minded musicfans like me and my friends will not buy the fesitval gear. It's not the band, it's the idea.

Exactly. It's not about how harsh or heavy the metal is, but what the band represents. Fuck, i've spent most of the past few days alternating between listening to Ulver - Nattens Madrigal and Elvenking - Heathenreel.

Ghost of Perdition schrieb:
I hardly think that after their performance this year Wacken will be invaded next year by the likes of 36 Crazyfists or Atreyu...

This is the point of Wacken fans complaining. It's bad enough that Soulfly and Machine Head have gone down well previously, both just about credible enough for Wacken; but if BMFV are well received then it might as well be a fucking death sentence for the festival. The organisers announced after last year's festival that they wanted to book more popular, modern bands like Trivium, and unless a large enough amount of Wacken goers complain, then soon the festival will not be worth attending.

Ghost of Perdition schrieb:
Is the greater commerciallisation of the festival neccesarily a bad thing? Say the name Wacken to most people and they stare at you blankly so wouldn't more people be a bonus to get clued into harder metal?

Is it necessarily a bad thing? Yes, without hesistation. I don't claim to have any altruistic motives here, metal is something which I allow myself to be quite selfish about. Therefore I really don't care about metal newbies finding out about Wacken because the latest trend band is playing. It's not like Wacken is an underground secret. When someone knows and loves a wide range of metal, they will eventually hear of the festival, and possibly come to love it as the metal paradise that so many do. Diluting Wacken to encourage 'metal beginners' is only going to mean that other metal-die-hards will have to look elsewhere for a festival which is a haven for respectable music. Which apparently enough people are already doing. Next year, I think i'll try Metal Camp.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, if even if I disagree with it.

Stigmurder

25 Dez. 2006
This is the point of Wacken fans complaining. It's bad enough that Soulfly and Machine Head have gone down well previously, both just about credible enough for Wacken
Are u sure about MH?Soulfly...yeah,they were in the previous year,but MH were in 2005 and "The Blackening" is coming in a month..

Is it necessarily a bad thing? Yes, without hesistation. I don't claim to have any altruistic motives here, metal is something which I allow myself to be quite selfish about. Therefore I really don't care about metal newbies finding out about Wacken because the latest trend band is playing. It's not like Wacken is an underground secret. When someone knows and loves a wide range of metal, they will eventually hear of the festival, and possibly come to love it as the metal paradise that so many do. Diluting Wacken to encourage 'metal beginners' is only going to mean that other metal-die-hards will have to look elsewhere for a festival which is a haven for respectable music. Which apparently enough people are already doing. Next year, I think i'll try Metal Camp.
I agree.Especially about "metal beginners"

Gamaggedon

10 Jan. 2007
Potsdam
thats what i think of wacken...there are some bands...really nice ones which i like...however i fear it becomes more like this mainstream which appears...of course i could go to smaller festivals...but then wacken is the "non plus ultra" and i wouldnt like wacken to turn into "mainstream only" festival...and smaller bands who are not so popular are just as good