BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - FINALLY IN WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
I believe that would be an insult to hardcore fans. I don't think that fans of BfmV are familiar with two-stepping, either. :p

I don't expect that there will be a legion of emos suddenly appearing at Wacken next year, although I'd imagine there will be in the future if Bullet goes down well, and the Wacken organisers make other such ridiculous bookings next year.

I still find this booking entirely surprising. Wacken sold out last year on the strength of Emperor, Celtic Frost and Motorhead. Unless Wacken is expanding next year, they won't need to attract a new crowd to sell out - especially not with the rest of the current line up! This makes me wonder why exactly Bullet For My Valentine were chosen at all. I suppose it's possible that one of the organisers particularly likes them, and mistook them for a metal band that Wacken fans might like. However I am increasingly beginning to wonder if Bullet's label didn't just buy them the slot, since association with metal seems to be the favourite way for these new bands to spread - look at Trivium, touring with Maiden, and then having Annihilator support them!! Cynical, maybe, but I can't understand it otherwise.

I also can't believe that both Destruction and Sodom have smaller logos, even combined, than Bullet on the poster. Surely BfmV won't have a headlining slot over either of them?!

Purge

13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
I agree :D

@Purge -Nightwish are very commercial

I thought this may be a point of contention so i'll explain...

IMO Nightwish are successful, there's a difference. Commercial, to me, is a band that performs in a certain style because they know that every person who reads Kerrang (etc) will rush out to buy their album as soon as it's out. A successful band sells a lot of records because they are talented and because they found a niche and expoited it... IMO Nightwish fit in the latter of these groups.
I know this may not be the dictionary definition but it makes sense in my head, so I apologise for any confusion! :D
Perhaps I should have said 'sell outs' instead of commercial but that, to me, is a band that changes its style to appeal to a younger or broader audience, such as Metallica. (...and, before anyone starts, just toning down Tarja's vocals doesn't count as a different style).

Anyways, I think the point of my original post still counts, with or without Nightwish. Apologies for the thread-jack...please, continue to voice your annoyance at BfmV...:D

-Mullally-

26 Dez. 2006
Ireland
Pretty lousy advice but it needs to be said, i mean, concerning the whingers..

"Dont worry, if things dont go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true" - Bill clinton :rolleyes:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Listen dude, it's just great that you don't care, but asking people not to express their opinions on something which they clearly care a great deal about is pointless.

I agree with you that the 2007 line up is looking excellent otherwise, but I still think that people should voice their shock or even disgust at BfmV being added.

If I didn't care about Bullet getting added, that would mean I don't care about Wacken, and then I wouldn't be going anyway.

Nice Simpsons quote, though. :D

-Mullally-

26 Dez. 2006
Ireland
I dont know what made me use that Simpsons quote to something that is concerning as this, i just felt the need to voice my opinion on the subject.

But at times, it seems kind of paranoid to think that Wacken is crossing over to "MTV metal". Two of thrashes greats, Destruction & Sodom have just been recently conformed for Wacken, so theres not much to worry about concerning Wacken going Commercial.
But referring to people whinging about the subject, the statement on the Wacken myspace suggesting to head to the beer tent while theyre playing is a good idea, would be quite the welcome alternative.

Its great to see so many people voiceing their opinion on the subject, and given the Wacken fans reaction to the news of BFMV, it is certain that Wacken will have learned a lesson, and may not conform another commercially successful band in any way as BFMV, or any band in the current good books of Kerrang, Metal hammer and such. Hopefully in the months to come, they will remain true to the wacken fans and steer clear of any commercially sucessful bands.

And theres always the hope that Matt Tucks vocal chords will have gone to shite in the months before august :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

phoenix45000

20 Aug. 2006
What I don't understand is the whole 'finally in wacken' thing... They have one album and have existed for what? Three years? It's not like ministry (who I am not a fan of for the record) who have been going since the 80's or even machine head who have been going since the mid-1990's, is it?

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Haha. From my review of Wacken this year:

"As Alexi Laiho was demonstrating his mastery of the word ‘fuck’ in various combinations we assembled in position to view Celtic Frost."