BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - FINALLY IN WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

boem

20 Dez. 2006
I wonder if the Wackenpeople will respond to this topic?
What do they think of all this (only negative) messages?

Oh and also I would like to know if we can expect linkin park, stone sour or panic at the disco next year? :rolleyes:

Astralik

21 Dez. 2006
A part of me doesn't want to go anymore. Bands like BFMV and BDM are attracting the local emo scene here. I know this as everyone with black make up plastered over their faces and pink skulls in their hair have told me they've got their tickets for Wacken and keep questioning if I shall be attending.

One thing I loved about Wacken was being with the people who shared a strong passion for metal like myself. It was the first time I have ever actually met fellow metalheads as there isn't really much of a metal scene where I am from. I never get to see any metal bands live unless they're supporting some god awful trendie band, and so the venue is filled with 14 year old girls and guys hardcore dancing and screaming their love for the lead vocalist of whatever band they're seeing. For example, the only way I got to see Sabbat reunited is by going to a Cradle of Filth/Deathstars gig since they were supporting. Seeing them live was wonderful, but I'd rather never do it again. I cannot stand being in the company of shrieking drunk teenagers despite being only 17 myself. :rolleyes:

I've been looking for better festivals, Metalcamp in Slovenia is looking far more appealing than Wacken despite having a very small line up. It's likely to cost me more to get there, but I'm willing to spend extra just so I don't have to suffer listening to BFMV and shreiking fangirls in the distance.

You say "If you don't like it then go back to camp and don't listen". It's not just about the music but the people it appeals to, as mentioned many times before I'd rather be as far away from these pathetic children as much as possible. Call me grumpy woman, I don't really mind. I just can't stand them.

25 Juni 2006
For example, the only way I got to see Sabbat reunited is by going to a Cradle of Filth/Deathstars gig since they were supporting. Seeing them live was wonderful, but I'd rather never do it again. I cannot stand being in the company of shrieking drunk teenagers despite being only 17 myself. :rolleyes:

The number of teenie faggoths at this show was quite unbelievable. It's a pity as I'm a really big Cradle of Filth fan and they pretty much ruined the show for me, what with their useless "OMG, I love you, Dani" banter...

Oh well, they still put on a good show, as did Sabbat. Deathstars, on the other hand, were gayer than Dale Winton.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
the only way I got to see Sabbat reunited is by going to a Cradle of Filth/Deathstars gig since they were supporting. Seeing them live was wonderful, but I'd rather never do it again.

Well according to the band they're in talks to play both BOA and Wacken next year..

The Destruction best of show just announced has also somewhat more balanced out the equilibrium..

Purge

13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
You say "If you don't like it then go back to camp and don't listen". It's not just about the music but the people it appeals to, as mentioned many times before I'd rather be as far away from these pathetic children as much as possible. Call me grumpy woman, I don't really mind. I just can't stand them.

I'll second that!

I don't mind emo kids generally, if that is what they want to listen to then that's fine, but Wacken is a METAL festival.

Wacken stayed true to the real fans for so long...but now they're just trying to attract the trendy youngsters...reminds me of Iron Maiden to be honest.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Bullet For My Valentine are a terrible choice for Wacken. They represent that which is wrong with the festivals that I avoid, like Ozzfest and Download. I don't travel all the way to Germany because I like the fields... I go for the pure metal experience. Something which I feel Bullet and their fans will detract from.

Perhaps I could pre-empt next year and ask the Wacken organisers not to book other such terrible not-metal acts like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold. I don't recall seeing much of their merch on sale in the metal market this year (although I did see one Trivium shirt!), and I can't imagine them selling much either.

don_the_mus

17 Dez. 2006
Glasgow
www.myspace.com
I wanna hear the organisers explain themselves at some point rather than just ignore the issue up until the festival. No doubt they will just spout of some pre-determined pisch about catering for the wide range of metal fans in Europe. I do feel bad about criticising the organisers as in the past wacken has always been the best metal festival in the world in terms of organisation (with the exception of the compulsory 'full metal bag' last year, dont get me started) but this has been an extreme error in judgement on someones part!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
www.rebelforcesacademy.tk
A sad day for Wacken

Bullet for My Valentine have no place at Wacken. They are nothing more than yet another pathetic emo band and belong with all the rest of the sad emo bands, on Kerrang.

I recently turned on the television and saw Bullet for my Valentine on 'Pop Factory' awards- this just about says it.

Wacken has always stood for true metal in the past and has been one of the few big festivals to keep it true.

Last year we had to put up with the likes of Caliban and Soulfly which although were pretty bad at least pose under the pretense of metal, whereas this band has nothing to do with metal. This year I was hoping that the bill would stay relatively free of embarracing bands like this, but my worries were once again reinforced when Heaven Shall Burn were confirmed. However, a lame hardcore act is one thing, but an emo band for 13 yr old kids is something else.

And as for all the so-called 'open-minded' people who say 'if you dont like it go back to the camp' etc.. FU. Having bands like this on the bill is not only bad for the obvious reason that no real metal-head wants to hear, see or even be in the same country as them, but it will attract the wrong people to the festival. Call me an elitist but I for one do not want to see Wacken overrun by a bunch of kids wearing their mums makeup who have never even heard of Destruction.

And WTF is with the poster? BFMV taking center position?? This is just insulting to the likes of Immortal, Stratovarius, Therion and all the other GREAT acts who are positioned around them. This is nearly as bad as Soulfly being in a bigger position than Emperor on last years black stage poster. If nothing happens and they remain part of the bill and do in fact end up playing at Wacken 07 (on the True Stage??!! LMFAO) then I will be sure to be standing in a good place at the front where they can here me tell them exactly what they are and where they belong.

I for one will be boycotting this pathetic excuse for a band. I only hope the organisers will answer to what is clearly a good reason to remove these emo posers from the bill.

*sign*

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
23 Dez. 2006
Fuck this bulllshit. I was going to go again this year, but I'm not, nor am I buying any shirts from Wacken ever again. They have lost my business. I am a man of principal and if they stoop so low as to bother us with this shit, then they do not deserve my business.

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Now turn off your computer and go outside, I expect its been a while.

Ah, a band you don't like has been confirmed for a festival and now you're trying to insult people over the internet.

Maybe Download is the festival for you after all.

I can see absouletly no reason why anyone sane would want to go front row for a band they didn't like to insult them when there are far better things to do. That smacks to me more of a person who should get out more but hey..

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
I'd rather not see Bullet get bottled or booed, it'd be better if they just played infront of a near empty crowd - only those who think that having pop core (sorry, I can't stand to even give them the 'metal' tag) bands at Wacken is a good thing. That'd be the surest way to make sure no other similar wannabe-metal bands get booked in the future.

As it stands though, I can't imagine the Wacken regulars being that restrained or organised, so I'd bet hard currency that Bullet will get bottled. Most Wacken fans have a good reason to love this festival, so it's not hard to see emotions running high when it's under threat of being ruined. And presumably there is a real danger of Wacken being ruined by this. If Bullet are given such a prime spot next year (as the position of their logo suggests), then what for the following year? Fucking Trivium taking an actual headline spot? Evanescence on the black stage?