BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - FINALLY IN WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Pantoffel

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Okt. 2006
Krakau
I don't like Bullet, too.
But it doesn't matter...
There are a lot of very good Bands.
And when Bullet play I will to the camping place and listen to music from a CD...
Or maybe another good band play at the same time on other stage.

PS: Sorry for my bad english >.<

QU0RTH0N

17 Dez. 2006
What....... the.............. hell..........

I really hope this isn't the direction that wacken is going. And i hope everyone will join me in bottling those welsh dicks to death. Wacken really means alot to me, as i'm sure it does alot of other people, and if wacken gets ruined by shit bands like BFMV, it'll be a sad day for us all.

TheDamned

17 Dez. 2006
I'm not close minded when it comes to music , but I don't think this is a good move . First , many metalhead despise BFMV , and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Wacken visitor are in this case . So basicly what we have here is an announced flop for BFMV , if not a cargo of rotten tomatoes , many metalhead pissed because they see a band that they feel innapropriate for Wacken , and surely some fans of BFMV who will see their band booed of stage if not worse . Not a good way to open Wacken if you ask me . The only thing it will achieve is frustration from both side . Now maybe I'm wrong and BFMV will surprise us , but I really don't think so , seeing the various metal forum's reactions .

And for the record , I count myself as part of the metalhead who don't like BFMV , and I think Wacken should stay away from all the nowdays MTV metal . The only way for the festival to expande (if it need expanding) is to support the metal underground and semi underground , or it will loose his identity and become one of the many many festivals in Europe instead of the metal holy ground .

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
What....... the.............. hell..........

I really hope this isn't the direction that wacken is going. And i hope everyone will join me in bottling those welsh dicks to death. Wacken really means alot to me, as i'm sure it does alot of other people, and if wacken gets ruined by shit bands like BFMV, it'll be a sad day for us all.

I have strong feeling it will.
All the bands announced lately are "big". IF you are a 15 year old who tries to convince the world about being soo tr00 and met0l.
Someone allready mentioned those bands as Beginners Metal...
I allready know now, that if this keeps going at this rate, I won't be attending next year.
But Wacken does not care, for me there are 10 others who do like bands like bullet for my valentine and so on.

don_the_mus

17 Dez. 2006
Glasgow
www.myspace.com
I actually can't believe this!

In the several years I have been making the trip to Wacken there have always been bands confirmed that I haven't exactly been 'fond' of, but I have always accepted that the promoters are aiming to include a diverse range of rock/metal acts and that these bands would be likely to appeal to some of the wacken crowd even though that group may not include myself. The confirmation of 'bullet for my valentine' for this years festival was met with utter disbelief by myself, my friends who also regularly attend the festival and I'm certain by the overwhelming majority of all the metalheads that attend wacken. Quite simply this band does NOT belong at Wacken, I am very open-minded towards music but if I wanted to see this kind of band I would go to Ozzfest every year and not Wacken. The inclusion of bands such as soulfly and caliban in the past have been a bit risky but as I stated there was clearly an audience for them, this announcement however is too far! Even fans of this band appear to be stunned at their inclusion in the festival which seems to mirror the general reaction of the metal community judging from the various forum reactions. I do not condone the bottling or assault of any band and would hope the rest of the crowd would be mature enough to do the same (lets not lower ourselves to the same level as the pricks who decided to riot at download this year for NO reason, I was there- it was a joke) , afterall they are still a band and not four targets although the resemblance is uncanny! I don't know what to hope for as they are obviously not going to be removed from the lineup no matter how much negative attention this matter receives but what I am terrified of is that this might be a signal that more 'pop metal' bands might be confirmed in future years, the only positive I can possibly take from this is that it provides a window for me to head over to the beer-garden. Like others have said, I also wouldn't buy a wacken shirt with the bfmv logo on it. In conclusion: this is a joke!

JohnDBB

17 Dez. 2006
This is terrible news. It makes a joke of the festival, something true metallers could feel proud of. now it feels like a good friend has spat in our faces and stole our girlfriend...

this is major hypocricy
i may not attend by principle.

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
I think Wacken is a metal festival und Bullet For My Valentine is also metal...(...)
Technically speaking, it is more CORE than METAL :) ...but whatever.

As long as someone´s happy to see them (and as long as they´re NOT announced as "headliners"), I actually can´t care less. Even though I´m annoyed by goth kids :rolleyes:

Speaking of "joke" - putting "FINALLY" into the title of the thread is a big fucking joke indeed. BfmV is definitely what Wacken needed... fuck yeah.

Edith sez: and last year there was a discussion whether SOULFLY belong at WOA... :rolleyes: "It's getting better and better..." OMG.

Fimly

17 Dez. 2006
I'm sorry, but WHY? Wacken seems to be the only good metal festival going on these days, with Download going emo these ast couple of years. I was really looking forward to seeing Immortal, Dimmu, Napalm Death, Enslaved etc., and now it seems Wacken is going the same way as download. I'd hate to travel God knows how far from England to Germany to see a band that I saw play in my local Carling Academy to about 500 people. And they were just SHITE. I mean, come on now, what's the deal? Ah well, maybe it'll be fun to beat some emos eh?

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
I think that Wacken have personally been trying to attract the mainstream for several years now and there has been many bands booked because of this. I initially said in 2002 I would not return (although I made it to 2003 event due to personal circumstances) though I may go to the 2007 event.

I think the line-up has many intersting bands so far such as Immortal, Enslaved, Tyr, Kampfar, Moonsorrow, Therion etc and there are ther bands I will go and watch who I have liked in the past.

Of course I hope for some more great bands to be added to the billing before I decide to go for sure, I will just se what happens...

One last question though... are Bullet for my Valentine any worse than the money sucking pretend metal warriors Manowar??? At least BfmV will put on a live show with 100% effort to make some people happy!!

I just think it would be better if these bands werent booked as concetrating on the proper spectrum of heavey metal and the underground scenes would make for a better just as popular festival.

Basso

4 Juli 2006
I cannot believe this....

Why are Bullet For My Valentine even allowed to come to wacken? They are the epitome of everything I hate about commercial metal and I am 100% sure that a vast majority of the metalheads attending to Wacken that this band does not belong on this festival. It is a metal festival not a commercial-fake-emo festival. Please remove BFMV from the booked bands right away, since I dont think they will recieve a warm wellcome from the wacken crowd anyway...

Soulfly was ok but this? Give me a break... :rolleyes: