Stratovarius are back!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Ingrassare schrieb:
I don't know their forum-reading habits, but you might be right :D But i still don't understand, what is the use of scolding other's favorite bands (especially when it is totally worthless, as you said). Probably it's a great opportunity to argue with others :D

I prefer METAL as i said before :D That is not a thing to laugh at in a metal forum :D

You should always scold if given the opportunity. ;)

And this is a metal forum? I thought it was a mental one...
:D

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Ingrassare schrieb:
I don't know their forum-reading habits, but you might be right :D But i still don't understand, what is the use of scolding other's favorite bands (especially when it is totally worthless, as you said). Probably it's a great opportunity to argue with others :D

I prefer METAL as i said before :D That is not a thing to laugh at in a metal forum :D

Well heavy metal is crime against humaity so it should be removed from earths surface :D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Ingrassare schrieb:
Well...Maybe you're right but if organizers see in a strato thread that "finland should be uninvented so there will be no strato reunites", they will see that ppl who attend the festival, dislike the band. I say that every good metal band (i don't care what "style", metal is metal from nightwish to hate eternal) should be invited to wacken, and if sy does not like one of them, then he shall not attend their show. For me it's easy to speak, because i like all aspects of metal :D

This is the democracy of which you speak. :) Let's all make our opinions known and let the organizers do what they want! In the end, they're going to make their bookings based on which bands are available and affordable, and are likely to draw a decent crowd (which can usually be gauged from record sales, past tour performance, and of course...forum feedback!)

Just that phrase "you were asking for it" is used before beating up people, and i had to react something (i dislike the "i'm gonna show the little twerp..." mentality), and just asked him if he really wanted to fight me :D I don't understand why you took it seriously.

Because you said nothing to indicate that you weren't being serious. Sarcasm over the Internet is a very delicate and difficult skill to master (in any language), because you don't have the luxury of tone and cadence which you would use to indicate it in normal speech. I'd generally avoid it, or make it glaringly obvious with one of these: :rolleyes:

But probably you know the use of these phrases better, as you speak english as your first language, so pls correct me if i misunderstood sg.

I'd be the last person to make fun of anyone's English abilities (except people from other English-speaking countries :D ). In fact, I'm happy to help anyone...honestly!

Here's your first tip, and please keep this in mind: If you have time to type the word "misunderstood", you have time to type "something", "people", and "please"...typing "sg," "ppl," and "pls" does not look cool - it makes you look like you're 12 and logging on to AOL for the first time. Seriously. :)

Ingrassare

5 Nov. 2004
Budapest
Warthog schrieb:
Here's your first tip, and please keep this in mind: If you have time to type the word "misunderstood", you have time to type "something", "people", and "please"...typing "sg," "ppl," and "pls" does not look cool - it makes you look like you're 12 and logging on to AOL for the first time. Seriously. :)

Okay. Maybe i use IRC too often :D

Ingrassare

5 Nov. 2004
Budapest
Warthog schrieb:
haha, that explains it...IRC users type like each letter is costing them money. "omg r u who i think u r?"

Actually first time i saw IRC it was really weird for me. I used to type everything gramatically correctly (especially in Hungarian), but now it seems weird if somebody starts a sentence with a capital letter or puts a puncuation mark on it's place on IRC. :D

Beast_Pete

27 Nov. 2004
Budapest
Warthog schrieb:
If you have time to type the word "misunderstood", you have time to type "something", "people", and "please"...typing "sg," "ppl," and "pls" does not look cool - it makes you look like you're 12 and logging on to AOL for the first time. Seriously. :)

Well, it's only your opinion. Maybe you haven't chatted enough to get used to this kind of english. And you should know, that 12 years olds don't chat in that way, 'cos they are n00bZ, and don't know this kind of speaking. Of course, there are exception.