Booked Camping Ground Complaint

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
5 Aug. 2003
London, UK
www.snakenet.com
I have to say, the Wacken 2003 was absolutely fantastic and I had the greatest time ever.

However, it could have been even better if we were actually able to find out booked camping ground.

We were walking and driving for nearly 2 hours around camp 'L' and none of the Wacken staff could help us and tell us where we were supposed to be, not even at the info point. All the other camping grounds were marked up as to whom they belonged but there was no indication of any of them being ours. So at the end I called ICS who directed us to allegedly a correct place but the camp ground was booked for someone else! At the end we were told to take any space at the camp 'L', after we lost about 2 1/2 hours just walking around and asking people.

I would really like to suggest for next year that the plan of all the booked camps is available to all the Wacken staff in Wacken campground, esepcially the one that is booked in advance or perhaps e-mail it to people who are booking the ground (like me this year), so we know exactly where to go when we get to Wacken. It would be also helpful if there were some directions somewhere for people...many of the people who were supposed to camp with us couldn't find us because noone knew where we were and the direction posters we put up kept coming off.

I don't know if anyone else had a problem like this but I would really like to avoid all this next year if at all possible.

xantia

W:O:A Metalmaster
25 Nov. 2001
Graz (Austria)
@Sinister Heart

hi! I'm one of those people who organized the camps during the last years. Just this year there were new organizers an if I won't have pushed them to give us a plan of the area, I'm sure that NOONE would have found the booked area!!!
I had to run all over the camp-areas to tell the people where they are allowed or not allowed to camp :mad:

2004 is the last try for making a forum-camp and I hope it works this year!!!!

5 Aug. 2003
London, UK
www.snakenet.com
Now this might look that I am only complaining but I think it would be a good idea to have drinking water available at the festival ground except the sparkling one. If there was some I didn't find it.

We are already planning our 2004 camp for SnakeNet Metal Radio and I can't wait!! This year was great and I know the next one will be even better!

xantia

W:O:A Metalmaster
25 Nov. 2001
Graz (Austria)
the head of each group taht want to camp ti gether has to take care, that everything is as well organized as possible! so it might be easyer for each group next year!!!!
try to get a camp-plan before wacken!! you need detail information otherwise it won't be possible to find ANY camp!
I know it's a lot of work, but if EVERYBODY knowsw where there camp is.... there will be less probs, I think! ;)