Getting to Wacken from Lubeck Airport

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

FallOfSeraphs

20 Apr. 2002
UK
Website besuchen
Right, Can someone help me out here? Last year, I went to Wacken for the first time, and I flew to Lubeck and travelled from there. I was with other people though, one of whom could speak German pretty well, and the trip seemed pretty complicated but we got there. This year, however, I'm probably going to have to make my own way there, and my German is crap and I can't remember the exact details of the trip. Can someone help me fill in the gaps?

First, when you get to the airport, there's a bus stop just outside, and you travel to a station called Zob. I can do this no problem, I've even still got a ticket here from last year so I know the info.

Then you go to the station. The bus stop is pretty much directly outside, but you need to go through a little alleyway or something. I'd remember it.

The next bit's the problem. I think it's the Hauptbahnhof I'm at now. When I went last year, we did eventually get to Itzehoe from there, but the train trip was complicated. We had to change somewhere. This is my problem, if I'm going myself, I don't know how I'm going to ask for a ticket to Itzehoe and I don't know how I'm going to navigate the train ride. Can anyone who knows what they're talking about tell me exactly what trains I want to be getting from here? Once I get to Itzehoe I'm fine, it's just getting there! So, any help here would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

berserkur

W:O:A Metalhead
HEY HELP THIS GUY OUT RATHER THAN SPAMMING SO MUCH OOPS CAPS LOCK here

just go to Hamburg somehow first and ask a tourism info how to get to Itzehoe ( or is Hamburg not in the way...hmm.. no) why fly to Lübeck?i mean if you have problems parting from there
just ask someone there how is the best way to get there or something it can´t be that complicated

almost every german speaks some english and some of it is really bad but you can manage i mean they can manage...or

FallOfSeraphs

20 Apr. 2002
UK
Website besuchen
Ok...

I think I've worked it out. I'm doing it this way because it's much cheaper than any other method, and also I did it last year - the only reason I'm having any trouble doing it again is because I'm a complete retard.

Bus from Lubeck to ZOB.
Through a little alleyway into the station.
Then, I THINK, underground train to Hauptbahnhof Nord.
Train from there to Pinneberg (S-Bahn), takes about 45 mins.
Train from there (RegionalBahn) to Itzehoe, another 45 mins.

This all sounds right to me, I remember all the place names. Should be correct?

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yeah, might work, but you don´t need the underground, its all one big trains station there!
Or take the S-Bahn to Altona and from there the Regionalbahn to Itzehoe!

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Re: Ok...

Originally posted by FallOfSeraphs
I think I've worked it out. I'm doing it this way because it's much cheaper than any other method, and also I did it last year - the only reason I'm having any trouble doing it again is because I'm a complete retard.

Bus from Lubeck to ZOB.
Through a little alleyway into the station.
Then, I THINK, underground train to Hauptbahnhof Nord.
Train from there to Pinneberg (S-Bahn), takes about 45 mins.
Train from there (RegionalBahn) to Itzehoe, another 45 mins.

This all sounds right to me, I remember all the place names. Should be correct?

I assume you are flying with ryanair as i think im doin the same?

:D

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
yes i am too

from Lúbeck get the bus to the Lúbeck Hbf (main train station)
Lúbeck >>> Hamburg
Hamburg >>> Elmshron
Elmshron >>> Itzehoe

and its RE (Regional Trains)
Itzehoe >>> WOA Bushuttle >> Wacken ForumCamp
woohooo your there

all those are Hbf train stations..no buses, cos i dont know wher to get off.
its VERY quick...but does take along time...and does to stop at every station...i did my research