Summer Breeze

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

HomersBart

24 Jan. 2002
Hessen
Website besuchen
Hi!

I have to say that Summer-Breeze was quite a great festival!! But you can´t compare it to Wacken! Because at least in the last two years you only had sunshine at SB :) Both festivals have their special atmosphere!
SB has more non-metalheads, cause of its mixed music style and (a few) people who just come to have party. But compared to last year it is becoming more and more international. Met people from France, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Australia...
Another point to mention is that the camp-area was 2 km away, but that didn´t bother me, there were shuttle busses or you could just walk (25 min). We often hanging around and sitting nearby that gas-station, which was directy at the festival entrance! (and drinking cheaper beer...!)

Concerning the music there is no doubt that it was a cool festival (only the sound at the Painstage was at least sometimes not that good)! Band I personally liked were Vader, Amon Amarth, Suidakra, Disbelief, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter(!!!!!!), Dimmu Borgir., Hypocrisy, and Criminal+No Return (both nice Thrash-Bands) and also stuff like Edguy or Ektomorf (don´t beat me up for this, I like this bands)!

The number of visitors should be around 10.000! All in all it was less expensive than Wacken (beer 0,4l = 2,50 Euro), you didn´t have problems with the running-order, the gigs didn´t clash!

Next year I´ll be both at Wacken and SB, both are somehow very special and great festivals!

BTW, do you know/are there any people from London and around?!? I´ll be moving next month for almost one year to Kent, Canterbury (of course not in order to serve any bishop :) and so I hope to find and meet some Metalheads around there! (Drinking beer, Going to concerts..!!)

Cheers!

sisterofnight

11 Juli 2002
Derby, UK
http
Thanks for that HomersBart-that's the kind of thing I was wondering.
I'm afraid I don't know anyone that far south in England-I and my friends live in the Midlands and up further north. Good Luck finding some metalers though-they're few and far between in this country!

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
hey what an honour to read Homers Bart posting :D
Guess I told my opinion ´bout the SB already in the "Guys from abroad..." thread - but you are right in everything you are saying. Did you check my SB pixx?

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
I loved it!

Yes, it is different to Wacken - I don't think you can have a more extreme party than Wacken, but SB is very friendly and I thought extremly well organized. No chance of anyone missing a band there, I guess.

The music was very cool too - as I am a fan of death, black, thrash AND Nu, Hardcore, Punk, Summer-Breeze is probably more my cup of tea bandswise. I loved Samael, Hypocrisy, Red Aim, End of Green, Belphegor, Ektomorf, Smoke Blow, The more I see, The Gathering, Vader, Gurd, Undertow, Amon Amarth, Dry Rot, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter and Pro-Pain. Also nearly banged my head off - getting old finally, I guess.

Also saw the worst Paradise Lost - gig ever, which was a little sad. Holmes should just quit his job, he just does not have it.

And I met xpet and Karloff, which was very cool too - my kind of metalheads.

So, yes, I'm gonna be there next year again.

@xpet
THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
you are right, the Paradise Lost gig was incredible bad. Though I was looking forward to hear some old songs, I was so angry that I went away after half of the gig. Besides I´ve never seen such a bad frontman.Extremely disappointing. But who cares, I´ve seen such a lot of good bands... :)

@ my neighbour
guess we have to meet again when you are back to HH!
And hey, just recognized that "Sleeping Beauty" would fit perfectly to my userpic :D :D maybe I should change my sig? :D

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
There you go, you sleeping beauty ...

But:"The sleeping beauty is my wife, she is mistress in this stinking world"

Would that mean that the Forum is kind of a smelly place? Shit, seems to be a useless spamming day again ...

Have to change the Robert Frost poem too, much too intellectual, makes me look like a total dork. Maybe some Darkthrone shit ...

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I also wanted to go this year to SB
But I had to work and I had no money for it anyway

btw xpet: thanks for the link!:) Gave me a little impression of how it was.

friends of mine did go there. They also liked it, but it was very small they said

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
@Fallen Knight
Ehhhmmmmmm, well, you know, I'm sort of a big Nightwish-hater - rephrase - the worst Nightwish-hater who ever lived, so I'll better not post what I thought about their performance last week-end. You'd never speak to me again.

So, yes, I'm trying very hard to forget Nightwish ...

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Of course - half of the people i've been to SB with are Nightwish-Fans. I don't think I'm too interested in people's musical preferences, it's people I'm interested in.

I just wanted to spare you my uninteresting comments on a band which is not to my liking - looking at your wishes for next WOA there's actually quite a lot of bands we can agree too.

Cheers
mono

HomersBart

24 Jan. 2002
Hessen
Website besuchen
Ohh, seems like I was lucky to watch only the second half of the Paradise Lost gig, because it was not that bad! When I arrived at the stage they played 3 songs (!) from Draconian Times and True belief (öhhm, or was it "As I Die" ?!?... I forgot) but when it came to the encore they began to play new stuff, the atmosphere then turned down extremly fast! But nevertheless I am happy to have seen them!

@Fallen_Knight
I was watching Nightwish, too. Who knows wheter they will ever play again in the future, hehe. No, I don´t wanna be sarcastic. ;-)I think it was a good gig. And their fans were enthusiastic!

@ xpet: Nice to meet you again! Yeah, I took a look at all your festival pictures, and I like them! Thanks a lot :) I´ll soon have a look at your travel-guide hoping to find some clubs in the south-eastern part of England.. Cause I can´t live without METAL, even in England!

Again: if there are some Metalheads around in Kent/London: mail me and tell where one has to go (metalpubs, underground-gigs or just meet some nice drinking Metalheads!) : HomersBart@gmx.net