• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Darkfang

W:O:A Metalhead
Hello!

Everyone is doing fine ? I should get back here more often... I lost interest because.. covid... But 5 min ago, i asked myself : "is Wacken cancelled this year". Apparently, not yet. Man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with this (getting refund or order a plane ticket at the last minute and pay big bucks). :uff::uff::uff:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello!

Everyone is doing fine ? I should get back here more often... I lost interest because.. covid... But 5 min ago, i asked myself : "is Wacken cancelled this year". Apparently, not yet. Man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with this (getting refund or order a plane ticket at the last minute and pay big bucks). :uff::uff::uff:

"not yet" seems to be the right way to think about it. as I think it'll be canceled anyway.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Hello!

Everyone is doing fine ? I should get back here more often... I lost interest because.. covid...

Not too bad. :) There's a very bad cold going around, but luckily I'm well and truly recovered now.

But 5 min ago, i asked myself : "is Wacken cancelled this year". Apparently, not yet. Man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with this (getting refund or order a plane ticket at the last minute and pay big bucks). :uff::uff::uff:

I've been asking myself the same thing. I honestly worry what could happen if stuff like festivals and the Olympics goes ahead. At least with us Aussies we literally need a permission slip to leave the country right now, so our fate for this year is set in stone. Even if we could leave, we'd still have to pay a holiday's budget just for flights, plus 10 days of hotel quarantine upon arrival, plus 14 days of hotel quarantine when we get back. Not worth it. At least if it does go ahead, I won't have trouble selling it on. A fellow Aussie expressed concerns on the WOA facebook page about selling a ticket, and I mentioned that it would be super easy to find an interested German buyer, and now that comment is starting to fill up with Germans looking for a ticket. :ugly:

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Nurses will be coming around to my building tomorrow to give out flu shots. Looks like I'll be missing out on my freebie this year. :(

Turns out I was wrong about the date, so I got my free flu shot. We (health workers) might be able to access covid vaccines very soon too. We'll see how that works out. If I can get a lift with other colleagues to the nearest hospital to work that's giving them out, I'll think about going.

Reaktionen: agresionpower

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
In other news, our ducks have started escaping somehow during the day. They're social animals so they don't wander too far from the fence line, thankfully. I'm not sure how they're getting out though...

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Oh, and we did another group bush walk today. We did two trails and ended with a pub feed. I wasn't tired at first but it's catching up with me; I don't know how many kilometres we walked today. :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Not too bad. :) There's a very bad cold going around, but luckily I'm well and truly recovered now.

I've been asking myself the same thing. I honestly worry what could happen if stuff like festivals and the Olympics goes ahead. At least with us Aussies we literally need a permission slip to leave the country right now, so our fate for this year is set in stone. Even if we could leave, we'd still have to pay a holiday's budget just for flights, plus 10 days of hotel quarantine upon arrival, plus 14 days of hotel quarantine when we get back. Not worth it. At least if it does go ahead, I won't have trouble selling it on. A fellow Aussie expressed concerns on the WOA facebook page about selling a ticket, and I mentioned that it would be super easy to find an interested German buyer, and now that comment is starting to fill up with Germans looking for a ticket. :ugly:
According to some German sources, chances of a Wacken diminish by the day.
The mayor would like to, but higher levels in politics are more prudent.