Calling all IRISH and SCOTTS

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
31 Dez. 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Howeya!

We're Irish living in Scotland. Travelling from GLASGOW.

Just meself and the missus so far. Looking to secure a good camping spot and a solid group of heads to enjoy the festival.

Give a wee bell if your interested in joining with.

Cheers!

H'ON THE LADS!!

:cheers:

9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
I'll be travelling from Northern Ireland and if everything pans out, taking the bike over.
Ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan, across to Newcastle, ferry to Amsterdam, and onwards from there.

Are you flying over, or what are your travel plans?
Happy to meet up for a beer or twenty, although finding a metalhead in a field of metalheads can be challenging enough from experience :D

Tall, long hair, big beard, wearing a kilt, completely pished.... that narrows it down to about 40% of the campsite.
Where abouts are you from originally? I'm about 30 mins outside Belfast in the Lisburn area.

31 Dez. 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Yessss lad! What's the craic?

That's a solid distance to cover on the bike. Fair play.

Aye, we're flyin from Glasgow to Amsterdam. Bus and trains the rest of the way.

Twenty sounds like a plan to me man. Hahaha a fair point. I'm a big ginger bastard with dreadlocks. We're not as common. There's gonna be an Irish flag flyin by us too. We'll stay in touch and get a plan on the go.

I'm from Longford originally. The land of tinkers and caravans. Me missus is from Derry. I'm familiar with Lisburn. Use to pass it the whole time on the way to belfast

Reaktionen: JustAnotherViking
9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
Bike should be grand... i'll be splitting it up over a few days, not doing more than 180 miles in a stretch.
Think we did about 850 miles over a weekend a couple of years back. Headed up to Skye on one side of loch lomond and back down the other, passing by Edinburugh, across to Haddington, and to the ferry again.
Thought we had it wet at home til' I met proper scottish rain! That's a whole other level of wet.

That's a long enough trek yourself using public transport.
Doing it in one run, or splitting it up a bit?

I think it was 2008 I flew to Amsterdam and took a coach from there. Met Nashville Pussy whilst having a few drinks in the cave rock club... they had also stopped off for a night enroute to wacken :D
Worth checking out if you're there for a night!

31 Dez. 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Funny enough you mention. We're not long back from Skye. Went for 4 days. A lot of things were closed till March. Fantastic views and scenery. I'd say it's class doing it by bike. It absolutely shyte rain for 12 hours one of the days hahaha. Drops like golf balls.

Aye, we're probably gonna stop over in Amsterdam. Grab a bus the next morning. Still a fierce journey. The missus can't fly to Hamburg cause of an unpaid fine she got a year ago hahaha.

Quality! Chances of meetin them haha. Been to the cave a few times. Seen the infamous "Adam Bomb" there. Even shared the stage for a death metal/reggae jam and push-ups. You gotta look that dude up. He's gas.

What day are you landing on site, chief?

Up

9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
Didn't know who they were at the time. Was just standing out the front for a smoke, and talking shite with anyone in earshot, mention i'm headed to wacken and was looking over the running order with a local when one of the girls mentions "we're playing there tomorrow".
A quality night, but an absolutely banging head the next day.
Sounds like you've had a right few memorable nights there yourself. It's some spot.

As long as the bike plans go ahead, it'll be Tuesday. If flying... possibly Tuesday, but more likely Wednesday.
Sure we'll keep in touch and sort something out

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.