• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
The last time I took a plane (2002!), KLM allowed 20kg per person plus hand luggage.
I think that hasn't changed since.
And that was a flight from Amsterdam (Schiphol) to Toronto (ON) (Pierson int.) and back.
And no more than 2 peaces. LooseCannon had to pay U$50/€45 for an extra bag, he took in 2010. (United)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
That must've sucked indeed, a suitcase in the mud isn't the best :ugly:
But I think you guys were lucky last year for mud/rain.
Depends actually.
Apart from the ground, that can indeed be sticky/muddy, it's sometimes easier to carry a backpack, especially if you're going by train! (or other means plus train)
If I remember correctly, the exit in Itzehoe station has stairs (and no lift/elevator), so carrying a backpack and having your (both) hands free is easier than having to carry a heavy suitcase, and "losing" both hands on carrying it!

But then again, it's been 5 years since I've been to Itzehoe, and it won't be for this year either! Unless a friend of mine (living nearby) happens to be in the neighbourhood. In that case, I'll have to take a train etc.

StrungOut84

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
Depends actually.
Apart from the ground, that can indeed be sticky/muddy, it's sometimes easier to carry a backpack, especially if you're going by train! (or other means plus train)
If I remember correctly, the exit in Itzehoe station has stairs (and no lift/elevator), so carrying a backpack and having your (both) hands free is easier than having to carry a heavy suitcase, and "losing" both hands on carrying it!

But then again, it's been 5 years since I've been to Itzehoe, and it won't be for this year either! Unless a friend of mine (living nearby) happens to be in the neighbourhood. In that case, I'll have to take a train etc.

Yeah that's pretty much what I said that suitcase wasn't the best lol
I'd never use a suitcase for Wacken.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
The last time I took a plane (2002!), KLM allowed 20kg per person plus hand luggage.
I think that hasn't changed since.
And that was a flight from Amsterdam (Schiphol) to Toronto (ON) (Pierson int.) and back.
And no more than 2 peaces. LooseCannon had to pay U$50/€45 for an extra bag, he took in 2010. (United)

I could take 23Kg with me to tokyo. though I only need about 12.
On the way back I think I had about 15.