THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

StrungOut84

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
Hello,

this will be my first year at Wacken. It's gonna be four of us and we'll land in Hamburg. We were planning on taking the normal (regional?) train from there to Itzehoe, but I'm not sure how to get from there to Wacken. Do we have to book in advance with some cab company?
Or is the info about shuttlebuses still valid? Can we buy our tickets right there and then? We were planning on getting there on the 30th.

And, just to be sure, german train stations have ticket machines right? We can just buy our ticket at the station before taking the train?

I'm kinda late on this one but one of the easiest way to go straight to Wacken is to get a shuttle with mondial events. You take it from the airport or remedy records in Hamburg and it takes you to Wacken's camping entrance.

https://www.mondialevents.de/

It might be too late for this year, but if you come back another year you can book it in advance.

@Quark maybe it can be added to the guide, unless I'm blind I didn't see it in the OP

Mattia

30 Juni 2019
Err, the shuttle plan says it ends on the 3rd at 14.00, but I see in the running order that there's gonna be bands playing till night on that day. How is one supposed to go back to the Itzehoe if they want to see the last bands?

Oh wait, it's a typo isn't it? Because it says "Sunday 3/8" but Sunday is the 4th.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Err, the shuttle plan says it ends on the 3rd at 14.00, but I see in the running order that there's gonna be bands playing till night on that day. How is one supposed to go back to the Itzehoe if they want to see the last bands?

Oh wait, it's a typo isn't it? Because it says "Sunday 3/8" but Sunday is the 4th.
It is a typo.
Shuttle services will stop on Sunday, 2.00pm/14.00h.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I'm kinda late on this one but one of the easiest way to go straight to Wacken is to get a shuttle with mondial events. You take it from the airport or remedy records in Hamburg and it takes you to Wacken's camping entrance.

https://www.mondialevents.de/

It might be too late for this year, but if you come back another year you can book it in advance.

@Quark maybe it can be added to the guide, unless I'm blind I didn't see it in the OP
I added it with the Remedy Record service. I think, RR itself does no longer do that, as that info was form 2006.
Furthermore, there is an INFOPOINT at the airport in Hamburg, dedicated to everyone who wants to travel to Wacken (and back)! Find them, they'll be happy to provide you with all information you need to go to Wacken! (but attention, as from Monday!!!)
I do not know at which terminal they'll be, but you'll have to find ou yourself/-ves. I'm most definitely NOT going to fly to Hamburg! I suffer from Flugskåm! :o:D

Dimes

7 Feb. 2017
My friend is coming to berlin on the 2nd August... She doesn't speak English or German, so i must meet her. Is there a way to park a car near my tent so i could drive out and come back during the festival
??

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
My friend is coming to berlin on the 2nd August... She doesn't speak English or German, so i must meet her. Is there a way to park a car near my tent so i could drive out and come back during the festival
??
Yes.
You just have to ask if you can park in such a way, that you can leave!
You can come back in, without problems. Just say the 2nd time, where you are.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I'm not going to update this thread with the 9 Euro ticket. As it's temporary, and only valid for June, July and August, I'll add the (English) link here.

oni5000

17 Juni 2022
How bad is Sunday traffic leaving? If I'm using the mondial bus back to Remedy Records in Hamburg and leaving at 11:00, how long do ya think it would take to get back?

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
How bad is Sunday traffic leaving? If I'm using the mondial bus back to Remedy Records in Hamburg and leaving at 11:00, how long do ya think it would take to get back?

that's hard to say I don't know which route the bus will take. car traffic is being directed all over the place so not all cars will enter the highway all at the same time/place.
keep in mind, wacken is a kinda remote farmer village with not that many roads.

One time I left at 07:00 and we were passing by hamburg quite fast.
but I've also left at 12:00 and that time it took me a few hours to get to hamburg.

cxm

21 Mai 2019
Turkey/ADANA-SEYHAN
Hi metalheads!

I have two questions. My first question is about the journey, this year I do not want to use the shuttle buses and I want to go to Itzehoe from Hamburg airport by train. Google Maps recommends that I first take the S1 subway, then take the RB61 train from the station in Hamburg-Altona. Is this a good plan? I will make this trip with a 9-Euro-Ticket ticket.

My second question (it can be a bit strange question) is there a WC in such regional trains? I am a person who needs to drink water very often, I don't want to endure the pain of my bladder during the journey :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hi metalheads!

I have two questions. My first question is about the journey, this year I do not want to use the shuttle buses and I want to go to Itzehoe from Hamburg airport by train. Google Maps recommends that I first take the S1 subway, then take the RE6 train from the station in Hamburg-Altona. Is this a good plan? I will make this trip with a 9-Euro-Ticket ticket.

My second question (it can be a bit strange question) is there a WC in such regional trains? I am a person who needs to drink water very often, I don't want to endure the pain of my bladder during the journey :)
If the journey planner says, it's the quickest option, I'll think it is. And as I can see, it does.

In S-trains, no toilets. In RB/RE (and allmost all trains in Germany) there is at least ONE toilet!
Either near the 1st Class carriages, or in the middle of the train, near the disabled people's place. That depends on the rolling stock.

• Wacken
Reaktionen: cxm