Rain/Mud question for the locals..

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

smf4ever

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
How accurate is the "future cast" forecasts for that area? Right now.. it is showing that all during festival time.. Sun.. sun.. and more sun..

I leave out on my trek to the Holy Land on this Friday, and these freakin muck boots for me and my girl take up a lot of room.

I also live in an area that changes so drastically weather wise.. that.. "future cast" means nothing past about the next hour.

Be screwed on the space and bring em just in case? or.. take the risk??

Thoughts?

Thanks all!!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
How accurate is the "future cast" forecasts for that area? Right now.. it is showing that all during festival time.. Sun.. sun.. and more sun..

I leave out on my trek to the Holy Land on this Friday, and these freakin muck boots for me and my girl take up a lot of room.

I also live in an area that changes so drastically weather wise.. that.. "future cast" means nothing past about the next hour.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!!

I'd say the forecast is somewhat accurate.
But keep in mind, even one thunderstorm can turn the wacken grounds into a puddle of mud. So even on hot years it's not uncommon for mud to appear, though maybe not as deep as the past few years.
Last year everything seemed fine until we had a shower right before the first bands where going to kick off on the mainstages. and it all turned to shit :p
But in case of mud you can probably buy boots in the village.

Killdrums

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada

Thoughts?

Thanks all!!
I certainly share in your questioning the Weather Forecast. I live where the forecast is some of the most unpredictable on the globe as We often say here in Newfoundland that We can Experience the 4 seasons in one day ... like a photo I shared here somewhere of snow here on june 3rd !! LOL
I'd LOVE to leave My boots home but I've learned it's best to never trust the forecast !!