THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
UPDATE (2009):
There is an S-Bahn going from the airport to the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (Hbf/main station) and Hamburg Altona! (there is a list of stops on the platform). Get off at the Hauptbahnhof too* The whole trip costs* €3. You need to get a ticket before you go. There is a ticket machine at the station. Choose the number 3 (großbereich) and pay the €3.00.

But you can also go to Altona. Read on.
First you need to get to the trainstation ALTONA. You can take either the S1, S31 or the S2, remember, the stops are listed on the platform, so it's easy to get the one going in the right direction. The whereabouts of these trains are listed around the station. (in colour, too**) If you haven't already gotten a HVV ticket from the trip to Hamburg station, then you need one. It costs*€2.00 *(number 2 on the machines) (the 5 euro Airport Express ticket will not take you to Altona)
Attention to this part.
As I am unfamiliar in Hamburg, there is a message from the HVV.

Due to a construction of a bridge, some lines can be delayed, interrupted or in any other way disturbed.
This is especially with S-lines going to Hamburg ALTONA! It starts on July 20 and will continue until August 29 and concerns mostly the following S lines: S1, S11, S2, S21, S3, S31
Check HVV before you LEAVE!!! (www.hvv.de)

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
I've a question, if anyone who has been to Wacken before and done the same be so kind to help

A group of friends are traveling in just for Wacken and are planning to stay in Hamburg.

Are there any DAILY train services from Itzehoe to Hamburg past midnight?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I've a question, if anyone who has been to Wacken before and done the same be so kind to help

A group of friends are traveling in just for Wacken and are planning to stay in Hamburg.

Are there any DAILY train services from Itzehoe to Hamburg past midnight?
Nope! Or maybe ONE.
As from the SECOND weekend of December, check www.bahn.com! Not sooner, as it's just useless to see how they ride now, when you'll need it next year. ;)

Aguskill

4 Dez. 2017
Hello everybody!

I'm a Spanish guy and last W.O.A. edition was my first time in Wacken, and of course, and as everybody says, I will return in W.O.A.2018 :)

I went from Spain to the Hamburg Airport, and I had the idea of going to Itzehoe and then take the bus there. However I saw at the exit of the airport and near the S-Bahn, a poster that announced buses from the airport directly to the festival. Has somebody here take them? How much does it cost?

I had the luck that I met some Spanish people and I went in their bus to the festival. But I want the info. because next year probably I will take those buses.
Thanks and sorry for my English.;)

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello everybody!

I'm a Spanish guy and last W.O.A. edition was my first time in Wacken, and of course, and as everybody says, I will return in W.O.A.2018 :)

I went from Spain to the Hamburg Airport, and I had the idea of going to Itzehoe and then take the bus there. However I saw at the exit of the airport and near the S-Bahn, a poster that announced buses from the airport directly to the festival. Has somebody here take them? How much does it cost?

I had the luck that I met some Spanish people and I went in their bus to the festival. But I want the info. because next year probably I will take those buses.
Thanks and sorry for my English.;)

I think @Milkie used those buses the last few years.

srkhasho

27 Sep. 2017
should i reserve my sit in sunday shuttle bus from wacken to itzh...? because i need to be in hamburg before 11am and i dont have to lost time trying to find a way to go to the train station...
thxxxxxxx

aivoinfarkti

24 März 2018
Hey guys! We have two seats available in our rental car from Berling to Wacken camping! We are arriving from Finland with my friend (we’re both girls if that matters) on Tuesday to Berlin airport at 16:55 (4:55 pm) and we’re gonna rent a car from Berling main railway station and drive to Wacken. We are heading back to Berlin on Sunday before midday.

So if anyone wants to share a ride with us by sharing the expenses of the rental fee and gas, just send me a message to my inbox!

SlavaCoste

24 Juli 2018
Hi ! Maybe anyone is going to get to Wacken from Hamburg on Friday or back on Satturday by a car ?, so I can join u for some fee