Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello, agresionpower, and all folks who helped me in Q&A session on previous year.
I had a great Wacken with your help, new friends, 17min video memories... I bought good rubber boots this time, so I'm prepared better this time.
Bunch of questions in this season:
  • Is it legal to nail a 80cm spile into the ground as base for a flag? This time I'm going to take a flag!
  • What is the best way to take desired area in camping? For example I was in area "I", and I wish to return there. This time I'm going to arrive in Monday 3:00pm.

I don't think they'll allow a spile through the gate for people who come by public transport. But if you come by car that won't be a problem.

Besides camp A there is no way to get on the same camp besides having pure luck.

Trubozhop

17 Juli 2017
Yes, I will come by the car. Question is about, is it allowed to nail into the ground the spikes? I don't want to damage beep pipe =)
Can you please give me a link to official camping rules and restrictions? I didn't manage to find it myself again this year. Thank you!

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Yes, I will come by the car. Question is about, is it allowed to nail into the ground the spikes? I don't want to damage beep pipe =)
Can you please give me a link to official camping rules and restrictions? I didn't manage to find it myself again this year. Thank you!

it appears there is no festival ABC online at the moment, but I'm sure they'll post it before the festival.
I wouldn't be worried about pipes. Lots of people drill holes to put up a flagpole.

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen

Those spikes are fine, people do worse things at Wacken with no problems. I think prohibitions start when you plan using concrete, but otherwise...

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Those spikes are fine, people do worse things at Wacken with no problems. I think prohibitions start when you plan using concrete, but otherwise...
Construction-Site.jpg

No worries sir, I'm just building a flag pole :D

Mr. Haekkinen

7 Mai 2018
Mikkeli, FIN
Are they gonna reintroduce cashless payment this year? The site currently points to 2017 system... And when will they introduce updated maps or will they be the same as last year?

Woohoo soon there - action in 38 days!!! :D

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Are they gonna reintroduce cashless payment this year? The site currently points to 2017 system... And when will they introduce updated maps or will they be the same as last year?

Woohoo soon there - action in 38 days!!! :D

they usually release the map about 2 weeks before wacken I think.

Haven't heard anything about the cashless system, but since the system isn't cheap I think they'll use it again.
Would be a waste of money to not use all the machines.
I'm expecting some news about this in the coming weeks as well

aivoinfarkti

24 März 2018
Hey! I'm having a really hard time finding any info about the festival for a first timer.. I'm trying to get info about camping, do you need to reserve a tent place from the camping site beforehand, can I bring a car into the camping site next to my tent, what are the camping site opening hours etc?! Can anyone help me, please? I'm travelling from Berlin to Wacken with a rented car.

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Hey! I'm having a really hard time finding any info about the festival for a first timer.. I'm trying to get info about camping, do you need to reserve a tent place from the camping site beforehand, can I bring a car into the camping site next to my tent, what are the camping site opening hours etc?! Can anyone help me, please? I'm travelling from Berlin to Wacken with a rented car.

No.

Yes.

24/7 from Monday, 3pm.

Vii.Kate

23 Juni 2018

Terve. Info on vasta tulollaan mutta kuten aiemmassa vastattiin niin leirintäalue aukeaa maanantaina klo 15 ja paikat menee saapumisjärjestyksessä. Auton saa teltan viereen, poikkeuksena jos on satanut paljon ja alue on jo valmiiksi velliä. Silloin autot pitää jättää jonnekin mistä on bussikuljetus perille. Teltalle ei ole kokorajoitusta, autolle on joskin henkilö-, paketti- ja maastoautot menevät sen alle hyvin.

Sorry about posting in native language, it was just easier.

aivoinfarkti

24 März 2018
Terve. Info on vasta tulollaan mutta kuten aiemmassa vastattiin niin leirintäalue aukeaa maanantaina klo 15 ja paikat menee saapumisjärjestyksessä. Auton saa teltan viereen, poikkeuksena jos on satanut paljon ja alue on jo valmiiksi velliä. Silloin autot pitää jättää jonnekin mistä on bussikuljetus perille. Teltalle ei ole kokorajoitusta, autolle on joskin henkilö-, paketti- ja maastoautot menevät sen alle hyvin.

Sorry about posting in native language, it was just easier.

Kiitos paljon vastauksista. Milloin leirintäalue sulkeutuu sunnuntaina? Tämä tieto on nyt essentiaalisin siihen nähden, että koska sieltä pitää poistua :D

Vii.Kate

23 Juni 2018
Kiitos paljon vastauksista. Milloin leirintäalue sulkeutuu sunnuntaina? Tämä tieto on nyt essentiaalisin siihen nähden, että koska sieltä pitää poistua :D

Virallisesti klo 12.00 mutta viimeinen bussi rautatieasemalle lähtee klo 14.00. Itse aion vetkutella niin pitkään kuin mahdollista kun kyyti travemundesta lähtee vasta maanantain puolella.

Ruuhkat on aamulla ja keskipäivän tienoilla pahimmat ja jos kenttä on märkä niin ajotiet ovat nopeasti melkoista velliä.

aivoinfarkti

24 März 2018
Virallisesti klo 12.00 mutta viimeinen bussi rautatieasemalle lähtee klo 14.00. Itse aion vetkutella niin pitkään kuin mahdollista kun kyyti travemundesta lähtee vasta maanantain puolella.

Ruuhkat on aamulla ja keskipäivän tienoilla pahimmat ja jos kenttä on märkä niin ajotiet ovat nopeasti melkoista velliä.

Ah, kiitos tuhannesti. Tämä helpottaa jo matkojen suunnittelua kovasti. Me ollaan todnäk vuokra-autolla liikenteessä joten täytyy sitten varmaan kanssa vitkutella iltapäivään paikan päällä :)