Camping grounds and thieves

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Mr. Haekkinen

7 Mai 2018
Mikkeli, FIN
Hi, newbie asking questions :)

I have been searching (without luck) for some info about the security - specially about thefts - in Wacken camping grounds. Are camp thefts how common? Of course one must have common sense in what to keep in the tent while going to gigs, but in general I am wondering if my basic gear will be safe? Will my stuff be searched through by some eventually or is getting robbed just damn bad luck?

...I'm afraid the laws of karma will now backfire on me asking such a questions... Hahah hope not! :)

Thank You very much for answer(s) in advance! I am very much looking forward the get in Wacken!!!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
In the 12 times I've been I've never had anything stolen.
I've read in a newsartikel that some stuff got stolen yeaaaars ago but never met anybody who had stuff stolen.

But if you're really scared you can rent a locker: https://www.wacken.com/en/festivalinfo/safe-deposits/
You never had a camping chair stolen?
Apart from that, crowds attract thieves, but police and security services do their best to prevent thieves from entering the areas.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
You never had a camping chair stolen?
Apart from that, crowds attract thieves, but police and security services do their best to prevent thieves from entering the areas.

Thinking abotu it, a chair was stolen back in 2006(?). but it was outside of the tent.
So let me rephrase that. In the 12 times I've been I've never had anything stolen from my tent.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

Mr. Haekkinen

7 Mai 2018
Mikkeli, FIN
https://www.shz.de/regionales/theme...-grossen-und-ganzen-entspannt-id17503156.html

This is the summary by the Police, its german, but the main part is:

In total, director of operations Sven Adomat recorded 175 crimes by Saturday afternoon, including 140 thefts.

Yes, those are reported ones... I'm quite sure there are some incidents ppl don't bother reporting in...

hmm, that's actually higher than I'd expect.

This also makes me curious about the 35 other crimes that are commited :p

I'm afraid it's scams, violence etc. But yeah, if there's 80k crowd, there will be some rotten eggs in the basket if you may.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Yes, those are reported ones... I'm quite sure there are some incidents ppl don't bother reporting in...

I'm afraid it's scams, violence etc. But yeah, if there's 80k crowd, there will be some rotten eggs in the basket if you may.

I'm also wondering if it's just crimes at the festival area or also in the towns surrounding it.
I mean, in the weekend there's a lot of people in wacken village who don't go the the festival.

evilCursor

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2009
It is not very likely that anything will be stolen from you. But it does happen more than people think.
I always felt very safe myself but we as a group experienced quite a bit of attempted and successful thievery.

We had a shitfaced guy drinking a beer with us in our camp who tried to steal stuff in plain sight. Even though I caught him, it took quite some effort to get rid of that fucker. In a camp we visited, a car window was broken to steal a wallet. Another time we even had a thief walk straight into one of our tents to empty wallets of people sleeping right next to him. And one of my friends got his wallet emptied while enjoying a concert.

So even in a spirit of being surrounded with great people partying try to be a bit mindful of your valuables. I'd recommend not to keep all of them in one place and to keep locked or hidden what you don't need. Most people are great but that doesn't help when your money is gone.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spartaner032

W:O:A Metalhead
23 Juni 2011
Bad Bevensen
hmm, that's actually higher than I'd expect.

hmm... If you Look at the average town with 80k ppl, you have more than 175 crimes in one week.
i feel very safe at Wacken, and I would say you should too. In my seven years Wacken I never witnessed or were the victim of crime.
(well just since wearing yoga pants if you shouldn't, isn't a crime :D)