The thread for old campers, but also new campers! What to take to Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TheToecutter

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Jan. 2017
Nice one cheers for that. That shop obi is quite a big place isn't it? So things are quite cheap?

How far is it from the festival grounds? Is it walkable?

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Nice one cheers for that. That shop obi is quite a big place isn't it? So things are quite cheap?

How far is it from the festival grounds? Is it walkable?

It's quite big yeah. There's lot of different camping stuff, I think tents even. So yeah I believe it's pretty cheap.

Yes it's walkable, depending on where you're camping tho but it's in the village, on the main street. :)

srkhasho

27 Sep. 2017
I couldn't find if there is a good bus agency who does the travel between wacken and hamburg , because i believe is easy arrive in wacken, but it's hard find some company who only sell a bus ticket with the departure after the festival ends, i have a plane ticket at 14:45 in hamburg, i don't know if i will arrive in the airport with the enough time...
Could someone recommend any bus agency who does this kind of travel?

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I couldn't find if there is a good bus agency who does the travel between wacken and hamburg , because i believe is easy arrive in wacken, but it's hard find some company who only sell a bus ticket with the departure after the festival ends, i have a plane ticket at 14:45 in hamburg, i don't know if i will arrive in the airport with the enough time...

I'm pretty sure there are direct busses from the airport to wacken, but I can't find the info on the wacken website.
Maybe it'll be on there when we're closer to the festival.

I know @Milkie used those busses right?

Bydand

14 März 2017
I have always used the train and shuttle bus for going from the airport to Wacken as that is the easiest and most reliable for me.

The train takes 1h:30 from Itzehoe to the airport with only one change at Hamburg Huptbahnhof (Central Station).
The shuttle buses from Wacken can be busy on Sunday morning but if you leave at 08:00-09:00am, that should give you more than enough time to get to the airport for your flight.
The train ticket only costs €14.50, so it is also pretty cheap.

srkhasho

27 Sep. 2017
oh man, that information is glorious!
i haven't bought my leaving airplane ticket yet, i have some fear buying it and after the show couldn't pick some transport and arrive on time.. but this information make me fell safer... :D
and today is a good day because my ticket has come! :D
thank you and i hope see you all there!
26165209_10214976373544398_5192082359034145077_n.jpg

27 Jan. 2018
Right, I can pretty much confirm it's not going to rain. Today I bought some wellington boots. The fact that I bought them especially for Wacken, and will drag them halfway across Europe in my backpack, means it's almost certain to be sunny all weekend. You're welcome. :p

Killdrums

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada
Right, I can pretty much confirm it's not going to rain. Today I bought some wellington boots. The fact that I bought them especially for Wacken, and will drag them halfway across Europe in my backpack, means it's almost certain to be sunny all weekend. You're welcome. :p
Woohoo \O/
When We receive further confirmation from @Quark I will only have to pack My thong and sunscreen !!!

p.s. I'm only joking about the sunscreen !

srkhasho

27 Sep. 2017
jaja, thank you "thesubtleknife".
I have one camping question, i bought 3-Days "ALL IN" Ticket W:O:A 2018, i believe this is with camping access right? should i re-confirm my camping place?
what do you know about tents renter? is it recommendable? because i am going to take one for the 3 festival days and i believe is too expensive pay 100 euros for it... but how i will be traveling around 1 month in europe.. maybe is better rent one and not buy a new one and carry it for all the my trip... its not very confortable
thank you!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
jaja, thank you "thesubtleknife".
I have one camping question, i bought 3-Days "ALL IN" Ticket W:O:A 2018, i believe this is with camping access right? should i re-confirm my camping place?
what do you know about tents renter? is it recommendable? because i am going to take one for the 3 festival days and i believe is too expensive pay 100 euros for it... but how i will be traveling around 1 month in europe.. maybe is better rent one and not buy a new one and carry it for all the my trip... its not very confortable
thank you!

The "3 day all in" tickets are the only tickets that exist. And yes, they do include camping for the entire week.
I don't know about the tent rental, have never done it, but I'm sure there are some people who used it. @Darkfang ??