Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I've a question, if anyone who has been to Wacken before and done the same be so kind to help

A group of friends are traveling in just for Wacken and are planning to stay in Hamburg.

Are there any DAILY train services from Itzehoe to Hamburg past midnight?

You can check that over here: https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml

My question would be, why do you wanna stay in hamburg? that's quite a travel to do every day.

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
You can check that over here: https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml

My question would be, why do you wanna stay in hamburg? that's quite a travel to do every day.

Thanks for the reply

The main consideration would be that we are traveling into Hamburg with our families. So it made sense to consider transporting ourselves back to Hamburg when we've already got a hotel.

Unfortunately it does seem like that plan wouldn't work as trains don't start till 4 or 5am in the morning according to the bahn site. Was hoping that they would extend the train timings for Wacken.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thanks for the reply

The main consideration would be that we are traveling into Hamburg with our families. So it made sense to consider transporting ourselves back to Hamburg when we've already got a hotel.

Unfortunately it does seem like that plan wouldn't work as trains don't start till 4 or 5am in the morning according to the bahn site. Was hoping that they would extend the train timings for Wacken.

yeah I wouldn't consider it a viable plan.
Also, I don't think the shuttlebusses go throughout the night, so you'll need to take a taxi to itzehoe which is about 40 euro.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Is it an option for you to stay somewhere in between? Not the best solution of course. Youd still have the same problem.
Or... you all go stay in the Wacken area. But then you have to be quick!

Otherwise I have no idea what to do.

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
Yeah I was thinking about that too, I guess itzehoe might be the best solution than.
Is it an option for you to stay somewhere in between? Not the best solution of course. Youd still have the same problem.
Or... you all go stay in the Wacken area. But then you have to be quick!

Otherwise I have no idea what to do.

Itzehoe has hotels up for booking so far in advance?

I read that hotels in the area of Albersdorf are also open for bookings. Link: http://www.metaltravel.de/?go=jhalbersdorf&lang=en
They seem like a good idea to me, any thoughts?

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Itzehoe has hotels up for booking so far in advance?

I read that hotels in the area of Albersdorf are also open for bookings. Link: http://www.metaltravel.de/?go=jhalbersdorf&lang=en
They seem like a good idea to me, any thoughts?

I don't know, never booked a hotel.
Albersdorf is close to wacken, but if your family wants to go and see hamburg it might not be so good.
there aren't good public transport options as far as I know.
But than again, maybe your family is using a car?

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
I don't know, never booked a hotel.
Albersdorf is close to wacken, but if your family wants to go and see hamburg it might not be so good.
there aren't good public transport options as far as I know.
But than again, maybe your family is using a car?
You know what?
We should just join in the action and camp under the stars haha
Thanks for the help! Cheers
Hope to see you next year!

PopoMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juni 2009
You can do the Moshtel thing its expensive (for a container bed) but its close and has all the necessities so its probably the best option if you want to do Wacken while sleeping in a real bed.

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
You can do the Moshtel thing its expensive (for a container bed) but its close and has all the necessities so its probably the best option if you want to do Wacken while sleeping in a real bed.
Its was going for around EUR 1200 this year, if I'm not wrong. It's def too expensive. Thks for the suggestion

PopoMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juni 2009
Its was going for around EUR 1200 this year, if I'm not wrong. It's def too expensive. Thks for the suggestion
thats for a double room so its basically half for one person but yes its expensive but a few nights in a hotel always is as long as its not a hostel or by private peoples

Trubozhop

17 Juli 2017
Continuing about VIP wristbands.
The reason I asked is because my friend has a short stature and all she sees on almost any area of stage is just backs.
But we noticed, that there is areas somewhere in Faster:Louder somewhat upper than crowd (with video hardware also). We wanted to go there, but security answered, that we need VIP wristbands to go there (And big deer also, but we didn't check). That is all what I need from this status.
Maybe some other options to have a better places for moderate price?

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Continuing about VIP wristbands.
The reason I asked is because my friend has a short stature and all she sees on almost any area of stage is just backs.
But we noticed, that there is areas somewhere in Faster:Louder somewhat upper than crowd (with video hardware also). We wanted to go there, but security answered, that we need VIP wristbands to go there (And big deer also, but we didn't check). That is all what I need from this status.
Maybe some other options to have a better places for moderate price?

Nope

Reaktionen: Trubozhop