Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Just general shops in case I get there and realise that I forgot something
Cheer for the reply

well, most stuff you can buy in the village, and a lot of stuff you can by at the "supermarkets" at the campgrounds too.

I think in the village there is a store with camping gear and stuff like that.
But I personally haven't been in the village for a few years now.

PopoMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juni 2009
Just general shops in case I get there and realise that I forgot something
Cheer for the reply
If you don't come by car your campground is very close to the villiage exit. And in the village you can basically buy anything you would ever need. Tents, clothes, barbecue devices, all food, beer and alcohol in all forms, all kinds of outdoor equipment. Theres even children with bicycles and trailers which help you carry your stuff back to the area for money. Theres also supermarkets at the camp sites themselves if you need only a few things they have most important stuff but they are a bit more expensive than in the village. Some of the shops aren't open Monday/Tuesday already but even Monday you can go Edeka and a few places so its really not a big deal. If you come by car you have to walk some more depending on where you end up exactly. But if you don't come Thursday but earlier in the week doing a village tour for fun and getting all the stuff you need is a good thing. I would not recommend it during the main 3 festival days if you are not an early bird person you don't want to miss bands because you are 1-2 hours in the village. But the years when I did not come by car I did even that for some breakfast in the morning at the bakery and such as the walk is not that far if you are at the A/B camp sites.

Wacken has probably the best infrastructure for buying stuff and general needs of festival goers. You can basically buy everything but it doesn't come cheap. But still reasonable prices not as bad as Scandinavia or Switzerland :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Trubozhop

17 Juli 2017
Hello, fellows.

Can you please refresh for me list of prohibited items. I red rules and regulations, but additionally want to clarify few things. I arrive by personal car. This is my first time in Wacken, but I was in 2009 in MetalCamp and lived outside camping. We have small tent.
So questions:
In camping area:
  • Folding kitchen/hunting knife 10cm blade.
  • Glass. I can't believe, I already bought 12 bottles of red Flemish ale in 0.75 glass bottles.
Near Stages area:
  • Is backpacks allowed? If no, what size detachable pockets are allowed?
  • Can I take water there? In what kind of package?
Overall questions:
  • We all know there will be rain without stop. Is there any recommendations not to stuck in mud in car in the end of festival. I don't think snow chains can help. I must drop my friend in Sunday 6 in Hamburg in 02:00 PM.
  • Is it good idea to take chairs and table in case of endless rain?

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello, fellows.

Can you please refresh for me list of prohibited items. I red rules and regulations, but additionally want to clarify few things. I arrive by personal car. This is my first time in Wacken, but I was in 2009 in MetalCamp and lived outside camping. We have small tent.
So questions:
In camping area:
  • Folding kitchen/hunting knife 10cm blade.
  • Glass. I can't believe, I already bought 12 bottles of red Flemish ale in 0.75 glass bottles.
Near Stages area:
  • Is backpacks allowed? If no, what size detachable pockets are allowed?
  • Can I take water there? In what kind of package?
Overall questions:
  • We all know there will be rain without stop. Is there any recommendations not to stuck in mud in car in the end of festival. I don't think snow chains can help. I must drop my friend in Sunday 6 in Hamburg in 02:00 PM.
  • Is it good idea to take chairs and table in case of endless rain?

knive: not sure.
Glass: you can bring it when you're with a car, make sure you either bring it back home or put it in the right trash though.

backpacks: not allowed, you can use the "full metal bag
Water: you can use the foldable water bottle that you get with the full metal bag

rain: it doesn't always rain, I've had years where it was super hot with no clouds at all! if there is a lot of mud, there will be Tractors of local farmers to help you out.
chairs&table: yes good idea! most people bring an extra tent with them:
ab8224239031cbe9f0aeeb58de628d0f.jpg

Trubozhop

17 Juli 2017
rain: it doesn't always rain, I've had years where it was super hot with no clouds at all! if there is a lot of mud, there will be Tractors of local farmers to help you out.
Thank you for answer, I'm reading this forum for a couple of days now, ans I was sure, the this my question will be answered by you, agresionpower. =)
  • As I see forecast -- there will be no dry days on the festival days. It is already raining now, and going to continue every god damn day. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • And from this perspective I see no reason to take furniture if I don't have tent like on the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong again.
  • Any advice about taking to Hamburg in time? Can it be difficult in case of mud?

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thank you for answer, I'm reading this forum for a couple of days now, ans I was sure, the this my question will be answered by you, agresionpower. =)
  • As I see forecast -- there will be no dry days on the festival days. It is already raining now, and going to continue every god damn day. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • And from this perspective I see no reason to take furniture if I don't have tent like on the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong again.
  • Any advice about taking to Hamburg in time? Can it be difficult in case of mud?

The forecast usually is only correct for a few days, We'll be heading to wacken in 2 weeks, so a lot can change, and hopefully it will :D
Well, you can always sit down in your neighbours tent. People at wacken tent to be very friendly :)
With a lot of mud it will be difficult to plan anything. if you need to be in hamburg early I would recommend leaving before 7am. Some people even leave in the middle of the night (After the last band has played)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
knive: not sure.
Glass: you can bring it when you're with a car, make sure you either bring it back home or put it in the right trash though.

backpacks: not allowed, you can use the "full metal bag
Water: you can use the foldable water bottle that you get with the full metal bag

ab8224239031cbe9f0aeeb58de628d0f.jpg
Continuing on the subject of glass: Best thing is that the glass does NOT leave the car! (AT ALL TIMES)
You'll get a (plastic) mug at the first order of beer (€1 deposit), which you can use as well. Poor it over in that goblet, and it'll be fine.
And bring it back where it came from! There will not be glass containers, as it is officially prohibited! And as a podestrian, you will be checked on it! (if you were to go to the village itself)

Reaktionen: Trubozhop

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
I don't know about knives but glass is prohibited.

No backbags allowed to infield except for the wacken full metal bag. Water you can have in your wacken water bottle which comes in the full metal bag when you get your wristband. Other drinks you can get infield only if you have it in a wacken plastic cup.

There are tractors that can pull you out in case you get stuck. And if you don't have a