THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

evilCursor

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2009
Woah that was crazy quick! Think might be best i just book and hope for the best. If yous could keep me updated that would be great, just so i know what to expect.

Although there is a small chance that the strikes return in a couple of weeks, there is no need to panic already. You can not really know what is going to happen unless an agreement is reached.

Strikes happening now or in the upcoming weeks don't really impact your travel end of July. And I am sure that if there would be a strike going in that period the WOA organisers would find a way to provide a shuttle service or something along those lines.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Update: There's a regular local train service between Hamburg Hbf (Hauptbahnhof) and Itzehoe (nearest station)
The train leaves 6 minutes past every hour, except when the IC (intercity) is running, then the local train will not run. (but you keep your hourly connection Hamburg Hbf - Itzehoe)
The local (RB=Regionalbahn) is run by NBE or Nordbahn. (Eisenbahngesellschaft)
More info on www.bahn.com (choose your language) or www.nah.sh (all public transportation in Schleswig-Holstein, including the bus line 14 Itzehoe-Wacken v.v.).

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
I was wondering if people would recommend booking train seats in advance or will it be fine to get a seat on the day without them booked? :)

Another quick question is i noticed the itzehoe shuttle bus time table is but, but it doesnt say how long it takes, does anyone have a rough idea? :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I was wondering if people would recommend booking train seats in advance or will it be fine to get a seat on the day without them booked? :)

Another quick question is i noticed the itzehoe shuttle bus time table is but, but it doesnt say how long it takes, does anyone have a rough idea? :D

I'd recommend booking seats, if you have a long distance to travel. This is only possible for IC/ICE trains only! On RE/RB trains, you just have to find a place.

20-30 minutes. Depending on the traffic.

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
I'd recommend booking seats, if you have a long distance to travel. This is only possible for IC/ICE trains only! On RE/RB trains, you just have to find a place.

20-30 minutes. Depending on the traffic.

Ok :) yeah the train is direct i think so might be best to make sure.

An thank you :D looks like ill be at Wacken on Tuesday at 12 30 :D

MetalDadUSA

20 Juni 2015
First Question, First Post

Guttentag! OK, that's about the extent of my German language skills! My son and I are coming to Wacken as part of our father/son trip to Europe. We'll be driving from Berlin to Barmstedt where we'll be staying. We'll have the car available the whole time so we'll be driving to the festival (Google says 30 minutes). It was hard to find anything closer. I was hoping someone could give me an idea on what the traffic is like and how much time we should allow to get there each day. Based on the map it looks to be a fairly straight route up 23. Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a bucket list trip for myself and a graduation gift to my son. Can't wait to get there! Also very cool to see that two local bands (for us) will be at Wacken - Mushroomhead and Dead Iron. Danke, metal heads!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Guttentag! OK, that's about the extent of my German language skills! My son and I are coming to Wacken as part of our father/son trip to Europe. We'll be driving from Berlin to Barmstedt where we'll be staying. We'll have the car available the whole time so we'll be driving to the festival (Google says 30 minutes). It was hard to find anything closer. I was hoping someone could give me an idea on what the traffic is like and how much time we should allow to get there each day. Based on the map it looks to be a fairly straight route up 23. Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a bucket list trip for myself and a graduation gift to my son. Can't wait to get there! Also very cool to see that two local bands (for us) will be at Wacken - Mushroomhead and Dead Iron. Danke, metal heads!

May i ask why you stay over there and dont camp at wacken like the rest of us?
To me camping is half of the fun of the festival.

Unfortunately i don't know about if the roads will be busy one the festival has started.
Parking your car might be a problem. I'm guessing you have to park at the end of the campgrounds which is a pretty long walk

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Flatmus

19 Nov. 2007
Burg, Dithmarschen
from the Festival ABC:

Daily parking

The same as last years we offer you parking space where you can park your car safely.
From the direction of A23 exit Wacken there will be a parking space for a day directly behind the Wacken town sign on the left corner of the Edeka (supermarket) parking space.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004

Before I start, just want to mention, I don't drive! This to limit a bit my knowledge.
However, the times I went by car (8x) we had construction works on the A23 (what you just call 23) I don't know if they have FINALLY finished, but it might give some congestion. Furthermore, the road will be a bit busier than usual, especially on Wednesday TO Wacken and Saturday night FROM Wacken.
Not to forget, the village of Wacken will be one big "one way street".
The rest is said before me.