• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I put everything together through a travel agency to make my life easier. Hotel seemed more restful after a day of standing in sun/rain. And I hate camping.

Ask your friend if he has every had Shed or Switchback. Those are two really good local beers in Vermont.

I think Gnoff might answer himself, if not I'll ask him friday as I'll actually meet up with him at eindhoven metal meeting.

personally I haven't had these beers as far as I can recall.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I've had beers from 6 different breweries listed for Vermont:
Grassroots Brewing
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Just Beer Project
Magic Hat Brewing Company
McNeills Brewery
Otter Creek Brewing

Never been to Vermont and currently no plans.
Next US trip will be Florida real fast before a metal cruise in January, then hopefully next after that will be Portland and possibly Seattle.

9 Dez. 2014
Magic Hat has some really good seasonal beers: Hex and Heart of Darkness. Otter Creek is good too. I have had a few of the Hill Farmstead Brewery beers but I do not recognize the other ones.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I've had beers from 6 different breweries listed for Vermont:
Grassroots Brewing
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Just Beer Project
Magic Hat Brewing Company
McNeills Brewery
Otter Creek Brewing

Never been to Vermont and currently no plans.
Next US trip will be Florida real fast before a metal cruise in January, then hopefully next after that will be Portland and possibly Seattle.

See, i knew you'd have some beers from there on your list :p

How many times did you do the cruise so far?

Tomjoad

13 Feb. 2015
Hi, new here, first time Wacken visitor ever.
I`m 47 year old, live in The Netherlands and bin into metal ever since I was 10 years old.
The period I was heavy into metal/hardrock, Wacken didn`t even exixt, insteasd we had Monsters Of Rock and Aardschokdag, even Dynamo was in the beginning years.
Saw AC/DC, Kiss, Metallica, Priest, Maiden, Megadeth, Testament, etc in those days

This year, due to my 10 year old I`m starting to rediscover metal again. Looking forward to this years Wacken, especially for Opeth, Priest Dream Theater and Savatage/TSO of which my wife is a big fan, the song Chance means so much to her.
She is in a wheelchair as she is unable to walk due to severe pains, for which she will receive a morphine pump in 2 months.
I`m a bit afraid of what will await us when visiting Wacken in a wheelchair, however, the three of us, yes our son is coming along, are looking forward to having a great time, sore throats and painfull necks ;)

Thanks for reading guys

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hi, new here, first time Wacken visitor ever.
I`m 47 year old, live in The Netherlands and bin into metal ever since I was 10 years old.
The period I was heavy into metal/hardrock, Wacken didn`t even exixt, insteasd we had Monsters Of Rock and Aardschokdag, even Dynamo was in the beginning years.
Saw AC/DC, Kiss, Metallica, Priest, Maiden, Megadeth, Testament, etc in those days

This year, due to my 10 year old I`m starting to rediscover metal again. Looking forward to this years Wacken, especially for Opeth, Priest Dream Theater and Savatage/TSO of which my wife is a big fan, the song Chance means so much to her.
She is in a wheelchair as she is unable to walk due to severe pains, for which she will receive a morphine pump in 2 months.
I`m a bit afraid of what will await us when visiting Wacken in a wheelchair, however, the three of us, yes our son is coming along, are looking forward to having a great time, sore throats and painfull necks ;)

Thanks for reading guys

welcome, and thanks for all the info you already gave.
I can tell you I went to wacken with 2 friends in wheelchairs years back, and they did fine. we always camped on the normal campgrounds. this year for the first time in years one of my friends is going again and will probably go to the special campground for differently abled people due to how the campgrounds are now more strictly appointed which means it might get tough to get out of your tent when there is a line of closely parked cars separating your tent from the road.

Besides that I wouldn't expect to many problems, people are friendly and try to help out when you get stuck in the crowd or something. also nowadays their are special wheelchair stages so you can see the shows.
we never really encountered any real problems except for 2005 when their just was lots of mud. so lets hope it'll be a somewhat dry edition :)

edit: and maybe a good tip, bring a bottle for peeing in the middle of the night. I know my friends always brought one.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I've seen plenty of people in wheelchairs at Wacken over the years, only problem would be with a lot of rain and the following mud, making it difficult to get through.
If you have help, though with some work through potential mud, shouldn't be a problem.

jpotto

26 Feb. 2015
hey,

im planning on going to wacken for the first time this year.
it is about a 500km drive from my home to wacken but the only information i could find about parking is for just one day.

where, and how can i park my car safely for the duration of the WOA2015 if i arrive when the campgrounds open

thanks in advance

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
hey,

it is about a 500km drive from my home to wacken but the only information i could find about parking is for just one day.

where, and how can i park my car safely for the duration of the WOA2015 if i arrive when the campgrounds open

thanks in advance

Ik weet dat je uit Nederland komt, vraag mij alleen niet hoe.

Je kampeert langs of bij de auto. Of er in. Net wat jou het beste uitkomt.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
hey,

thanks in advance

Ik weet dat je uit Nederland komt, vraag mij alleen niet hoe.

Je kampeert langs of bij de auto. Of er in. Net wat jou het beste uitkomt.

You park where you camp.

ANd I'm guessing Quark knows your dutch because at dutch festivals you don't park where you camp? :p