• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hey All,

I'm a newbie to this forum, but not a Newbie in the World of Metal...
Also i'v been to wacken in 07 & 08....
Now 2014 will be my comeback to Wacken =)

I'm Romain,
29 Years old, from Rotterdam, The Netherlands and I Play guitar in a Thrash/Death Band called Malignity.

Would be awesome to get to know some folks cause i'm traveling alone to Wacken 2014...

Cheers,
Ro

Welkom bij deze club! (ja, ik kan het in het Nederlands, dus...)

Kijk 's op de 50.000 Thread, en spam daar wat rond, als er nog activiteit is, that is, en je zal snel andere kennen.

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
Hey All,

I'm a newbie to this forum, but not a Newbie in the World of Metal...
Also i'v been to wacken in 07 & 08....
Now 2014 will be my comeback to Wacken =)

I'm Romain,
29 Years old, from Rotterdam, The Netherlands and I Play guitar in a Thrash/Death Band called Malignity.

Would be awesome to get to know some folks cause i'm traveling alone to Wacken 2014...

Cheers,
Ro

Hey Romain,

Welcome to our little forum. I'm Ray from U.S. This will be my second Wacken after this years. I too will be traveling alone again.

Have a good one.
Ray

Mandi Failla

19 Nov. 2013
first time

hey, it´s going to be my first time in Europe, my first time in Wacken and even my first time in a plane.
So I´m very excited, I love traveling, and I travel a lot, just did´nt have the opportunity to go by plane anywhere... and heavy metal, it will be perfect.

I´m 31 years old, from São Paulo Brazil, I´m going alone so, if someone care to share some tips I´d enjoy.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
hey, it´s going to be my first time in Europe, my first time in Wacken and even my first time in a plane.
So I´m very excited, I love traveling, and I travel a lot, just did´nt have the opportunity to go by plane anywhere... and heavy metal, it will be perfect.

I´m 31 years old, from São Paulo Brazil, I´m going alone so, if someone care to share some tips I´d enjoy.

Wenn flying, travel light! (Take but the necessairy stuff, I mean)
For people, try the 50,000-Thread somewhere in the Talk here. It allows you to get to know people, if it is frequently visited that is, which seems to be in a dip for the moment, but that can change in a blink of an eye.

And there's a first time for everything. Even for flying. But that's all I'm going to say about it. (just it's one of my least favourite means of transportation, a boat is worse)

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
Wenn flying, travel light! (Take but the necessairy stuff, I mean)
For people, try the 50,000-Thread somewhere in the Talk here. It allows you to get to know people, if it is frequently visited that is, which seems to be in a dip for the moment, but that can change in a blink of an eye.

And there's a first time for everything. Even for flying. But that's all I'm going to say about it. (just it's one of my least favourite means of transportation, a boat is worse)

My first wacken was last year. I thought I packed light for a overseas trip, but was still too much. Get yourself a good pair of boots. (The steel toe boots are too heavy for a overseas trip unless you plan to mosh pit) It's always muddy in Wacken even with or without the rain. Most of all have fun.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Welcome :) For me, Wacken is the happiest place on earth; rain or shine, sober, drunk or hung-over, healthy or bed-ridden...makes no difference! I certainly hope you have the same experience :) I've been three times so far and only met the most friendly/loving/giving people in Wacken :)

If you happen to forget to pack anything, it's possible to get almost anything you need even in Wacken itself. I guess the most important tips I can offer are as follows:
- If it's only Wacken you are attending, you won't need to pack a mallet. The grounds are nice and soft, and incredibly comfortable to sleep on.
- I'm a fan of money belts, where I keep my most important items: passport, spare money cards, spare keys, rail passes and concert tickets. My next most important items stay in my pockets or around my neck at all times (phone, cash, camera). I've never misplaced or had anything stolen (that wasn't easily replaced) while holidaying in Europe, so I personally will continue to do that.
- If you're bringing your own tent, practice setting it up and check it for leaks before you leave Brazil, and don't forget spare repair tape.
- By yours and my standards, the nights can get pretty cold, so pack a long-sleeve and a couple of hooded jumpers (with the intention of wearing them all at the same time, if like me, you really can't handle the cold), or at least buy some when you get there.
- Make friends with a group who remembered to bring a marquee :p
- A single trip from Hamburg to Itzehoe is about 13 euros. Group tickets are also available and if you fill all the spaces (I think it's 5) it works out to half the price per person. Don't let anyone try to con you into paying more (unfortunately I got scammed this year by this guy who I assume did this all day between Hamburg hbf and Elmshorn on Wednesday, and then again at Itzehoe on Sunday).

Mandi Failla

19 Nov. 2013
thanks!

Welcome :) For me, Wacken is the happiest place on earth; rain or shine, sober, drunk or hung-over, healthy or bed-ridden...makes no difference! I certainly hope you have the same experience :) I've been three times so far and only met the most friendly/loving/giving people in Wacken :)

If you happen to forget to pack anything, it's possible to get almost anything you need even in Wacken itself. I guess the most important tips I can offer are as follows:
- If it's only Wacken you are attending, you won't need to pack a mallet. The grounds are nice and soft, and incredibly comfortable to sleep on.
- I'm a fan of money belts, where I keep my most important items: passport, spare money cards, spare keys, rail passes and concert tickets. My next most important items stay in my pockets or around my neck at all times (phone, cash, camera). I've never misplaced or had anything stolen (that wasn't easily replaced) while holidaying in Europe, so I personally will continue to do that.
- If you're bringing your own tent, practice setting it up and check it for leaks before you leave Brazil, and don't forget spare repair tape.
- By yours and my standards, the nights can get pretty cold, so pack a long-sleeve and a couple of hooded jumpers (with the intention of wearing them all at the same time, if like me, you really can't handle the cold), or at least buy some when you get there.
- Make friends with a group who remembered to bring a marquee :p
- A single trip from Hamburg to Itzehoe is about 13 euros. Group tickets are also available and if you fill all the spaces (I think it's 5) it works out to half the price per person. Don't let anyone try to con you into paying more (unfortunately I got scammed this year by this guy who I assume did this all day between Hamburg hbf and Elmshorn on Wednesday, and then again at Itzehoe on Sunday).

I will copy and past it in a note so I won´t forget this cause I found it really usefull :)

dawneAdore

21 Sep. 2012
Coquitlam BC Canada
2nd timers

Guten tag!

Second visit to the festival for the hubby & I - first time was this year (2013).... This year was his 30th Birthday and we hadn't planned on coming in 2014, but I entered one of the ticket raffles and won - we figured why the heck NOT!!

Currently living in Coquitlam BC Canada (one of the cities outlining Vancouver BC)

Hubby: Travis, 30, likes alomost all genres of metal (fingers crossed Cannibal Corpse also plays for the 25th anny), from Vancouver BC

Me: Dawne, 34, give me some kick drums, from Victoria BC

Is anyone else following along with the Advent calendar?!?!? :D

It'll be nice to meet up at the festival - we met lots of people this year, but our lack of German words or vice versa for our foreign friends really put a ding in the conversation topics..... Most common phrase amongst our conversations ended up being "German beer is good" from both sides of the conversations.... HAHA

dawneAdore

21 Sep. 2012
Coquitlam BC Canada
Thank You, my friend and I are probably a little older than the average Wacken attendee:D,.I have always wanted to go to Wacken,so now I have the chance,I'm really looking forward to the experience,lets just say I'm growing old disgracefully:p

I think there tends to be more "older" people, especially from other continents because it costs a shit load of money to fly to Europe! I can tell you 100% that there is NO WAY I could have afforded to come when I was "younger"!!

**Note I don't think anyone here is "old" - I know people in their 50's, 60's and beyond that I wouldn't consider OLD!!! Once you stop having fun and living your life to the fullest is when you become old!

scotlandbanff

13 Nov. 2011
Male/Female: M
Favorite music: IRON MAIDEN / Opeth
Wacken: First in 2012

be heading over for my 3rd Wacken next year

Mandi Failla

19 Nov. 2013
I think there tends to be more "older" people, especially from other continents because it costs a shit load of money to fly to Europe! I can tell you 100% that there is NO WAY I could have afforded to come when I was "younger"!!

**Note I don't think anyone here is "old" - I know people in their 50's, 60's and beyond that I wouldn't consider OLD!!! Once you stop having fun and living your life to the fullest is when you become old!

Funny thing is that in Brasil there are some places that the plane ticket´s price is even more expensive than for Europe, traveling here and many things are too expensive and unfair, I´m utterly tired of this shit...

About the camping thing, as I´m used to the dangers of the florest in Brasil, and I´ve been through lots of adventures, such as sleeping in the florest without tend and natural camping (no restrooms), swiming naked and fighting beasts, I live in São Paulo, anyway, everyday I get home I´m surprised to be alive... I´m don´t really care about sleeping on the mud, so, as I´m going alone, I´ll just go to hamburg and find out what to do from there, I´m practicing some words in Deutsch, I think I´ll reach Wacken in time.