Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

morimym

4 Feb. 2006
Change name of the ticket

Hello my friends:
Could anyone of you send me, or write me here, the links about what I have to do to change the name of the tickets?
I know that there will have one post about it in the forum, but There are too many posts and it is difficult to find them.
Many thanks :uff:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello my friends:
Could anyone of you send me, or write me here, the links about what I have to do to change the name of the tickets?
I know that there will have one post about it in the forum, but There are too many posts and it is difficult to find them.
Many thanks :uff:

it's a bit weird, the website doesn't really say what to procedure is (where to send the ticket and how to indicate that you want a namechange)
It just says this:

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-tickets-shop/faq-personalization-14/

Name change:

How does the name change function?
After we receive a ticket, its validity and its owner will be verified, which is why a copy of his or her identity card must be provided.

Do I have to pay for a name change?
Yes. We have to levy a fee of 15 EUR due to the considerable effort necessary for a name change. We want to guarantee the best possible safety and reliability in personalization and change of name.

When will a name change be possible?
A few weeks after pre-sales start, name changes will be possible.

What happens, if my family name changes?
If the original name is still on the identity card (name at birth), this is not a problem. If not, a name change is mandatory including the usual fee of 15 EUR.

What can I do, if I lose my ticket?
Lost tickets can be deactivated and reprinted. There is a fee of 15€ charged for this process.

What happens if there is a misspelling on the ticket (inverted letters, typo etc.)?
If you only made a small mistake – for example Kathrin spelled without an “h” or one inversion of letters like “Miaer” instead of “Maier” we will still accept the ticket. If the name is misspelled to the point where it cannot be quickly recognized, it is mandatory to change name for a fee of 15 EUR. We urgently recommend to carefully check the spelling before submitting any name for printing!

Why do I need a copy of my identity card for the ticket exchange?
As the name change can only be initiated by the original owner of a ticket, he or she has to provide a copy of his or her identity card in order to be verified by us.

morimym

4 Feb. 2006
Many thanks Agresionpower for the link, so I think that I have to write to WOA team for looking for more information. I need to change the name of one of my tickets and I have to do it as soon as possible.
When I know something about it, I wll post it here.

it's a bit weird, the website doesn't really say what to procedure is (where to send the ticket and how to indicate that you want a namechange)
It just says this:

Name change:

After we receive a ticket, its validity and its owner will be verified, which is why a copy of his or her identity card must be provided.

Yes. We have to levy a fee of 15 EUR due to the considerable effort necessary for a name change. We want to guarantee the best possible safety and reliability in personalization and change of name.

If the original name is still on the identity card (name at birth), this is not a problem. If not, a name change is mandatory including the usual fee of 15 EUR.

Lost tickets can be deactivated and reprinted. There is a fee of 15€ charged for this process.

What happens if there is a misspelling on the ticket (inverted letters, typo etc.)?
If you only made a small mistake – for example Kathrin spelled without an “h” or one inversion of letters like “Miaer” instead of “Maier” we will still accept the ticket. If the name is misspelled to the point where it cannot be quickly recognized, it is mandatory to change name for a fee of 15 EUR. We urgently recommend to carefully check the spelling before submitting any name for printing!

As the name change can only be initiated by the original owner of a ticket, he or she has to provide a copy of his or her identity card in order to be verified by us.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
It just says this:

Name change:

Many thanks Agresionpower for the link, so I think that I have to write to WOA team for looking for more information. I need to change the name of one of my tickets and I have to do it as soon as possible.
When I know something about it, I wll post it here.

The name change can only start from the moment the TICKET EXCHANGE will start. As this is (in a way) the same process... they'll most likely want to do it all together.

So far, they have to send the last contingent of leftover tickets to the new owners, and the process of doing so, will only start as from today (tomorrow)

Don't worry! You have plenty of time to have that name change. It's only October, not July! ;)

Wackentom

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
The name change can only start from the moment the TICKET EXCHANGE will start. As this is (in a way) the same process... they'll most likely want to do it all together.

So far, they have to send the last contingent of leftover tickets to the new owners, and the process of doing so, will only start as from today (tomorrow)

Don't worry! You have plenty of time to have that name change. It's only October, not July! ;)

Metaltix answerd to my email about name changing by tickets: pls write us again after the 15thj of october !

so i guess "the next days" the ticket exchange will go online too

sorry for my bad english

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
NAME CHANGE on TICKETS

For everybody who's got questions about the name change! Note: The date of the quoted mail is that of Thursday, October 17, 2013!

Email-Text from Metaltix:

To change a name on a ticket, which will be possible in about two or three weeks, we need (1) a copy of the ID of the person, who ordered the tickets, (2) a copy of the ID of the ticket's owner (whose name is actually on the ticket), (3) a copy of the ID of the buyer, and of course the ticket itself, as well as a 15,-€ fee.
It will, however, take a little while, since we are currently still working on an additional form, which will have to be signed and submitted together with the IDs. You will find this form soon in our online shop.

Best Regards,
Metaltix
Hauptstraße 47
24869 Dorpstedt
Germany.

But be so kind, and not "attack" Metaltix in 14 days' time! This timetable is, as usual, subjected to change within the Metaltix organisation!

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
So as this will be my first Wacken and I am travelling from the US. Are the rental tents like "ready to rock" and the other one the way to go? Or should I just buy a cheap tent in Hamburg and leave it behind?

I did Ready to Rock rent a tent this year and have already sign up for it next year. I like it. They have the tents all set up for you when you get there. My total cost was around $370, including tent, sleep bag, air mattress, chair, water jug, and I think a security deposit (as long as you keep it don't destroy it, you'll get the security deposit back). I went to Paypal and within a week after I got home, my security deposit was in my Paypal account.

For me I don't have to haul it or try to find somewhere to buy tent equipment in Hamburg. Unless you have friends who are driving in, I think it best to do the rent a tent thing.

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
honestly, i´d do the last! ;)

I did Ready to Rock rent a tent this year and have already sign up for it next year. I like it. They have the tents all set up for you when you get there. My total cost was around $370, including tent, sleep bag, air mattress, chair, water jug, and I think a security deposit (as long as you keep it don't destroy it, you'll get the security deposit back). I went to Paypal and within a week after I got home, my security deposit was in my Paypal account.

For me I don't have to haul it or try to find somewhere to buy tent equipment in Hamburg. Unless you have friends who are driving in, I think it best to do the rent a tent thing.

Actually it all depends on what you budget is for Wacken.