Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
How is then the situation with the strong alcohol :eek:?

Poor it over into a PET bottle / plastic bottle. Or drink it before entering! :ugly::D

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear on a stack of bibles that the rum/mead/wine one sale from the Wackenger markets came in glass bottles and it seemed easy enough for people to bring it back to their campsite and drink it there :confused: It confused me though, with the whole no glass thing...

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear on a stack of bibles that the rum/mead/wine one sale from the Wackenger markets came in glass bottles and it seemed easy enough for people to bring it back to their campsite and drink it there :confused: It confused me though, with the whole no glass thing...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you see me there last year? ;)

To be honest, I really don't know.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

I think those bottles are hard plastic.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Probably a stupid question BUT, how bad are mosquitoes in the camping area? :confused:

My first Wacken there was a metric fuck-tonne of tiny spiders. They weren't dangerous/didn't bite, but you'd look down on your arm and see these tiny black spots that suddenly appeared. One slightly larger spider haunted my tent for days (again harmless), and a mouse accidentally found its way into my tent one night and couldn't figure out how to get out...well it might have but when I saw it in there I decided to keep drinking until I forgot it was there :ugly: I think there were a few wasps hanging around that year too, but I don't know how dangerous they are (someone here should know).

Last year with all the rain there were no tiny animals to worry about.

MetallKopp

9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
For some reason I get bitten quite often at home. Mosquitoes like the taste of my blood. :ugly:

Then again, in Wacken I hardly ever got bit. There are not as many of the little buzzers as elsewhere. Also, compared to other areas, the mosquitoes in Germany are tiny.

Well, except for the Asian tiger mosquito. They invaded central Europe throughout the past 5-8 years and are both pretty big and have naughty poison. Just like other buzzers, only worse.

But haven't seen one of them in Wacken, though.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
For some reason I get bitten quite often at home. Mosquitoes like the taste of my blood. :ugly:

Then again, in Wacken I hardly ever got bit. There are not as many of the little buzzers as elsewhere. Also, compared to other areas, the mosquitoes in Germany are tiny.

Well, except for the Asian tiger mosquito. They invaded central Europe throughout the past 5-8 years and are both pretty big and have naughty poison. Just like other buzzers, only worse.

But haven't seen one of them in Wacken, though.

I have found this also. It's funny because at home if there is a mosquito anywhere within 100 meters of me they will find me and bite me! I am for some reason irresistible to them! But when we were in Germany a couple summers ago we got maybe 1 or 2 bites. I think one of the locals said it was because they really don't have any standing water there so it's harder for them to breed. We were even walking around in the forest and nothing..it was SO nice in comparison with how thick they are here.

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
I have found this also. It's funny because at home if there is a mosquito anywhere within 100 meters of me they will find me and bite me! I am for some reason irresistible to them! But when we were in Germany a couple summers ago we got maybe 1 or 2 bites. I think one of the locals said it was because they really don't have any standing water there so it's harder for them to breed. We were even walking around in the forest and nothing..it was SO nice in comparison with how thick they are here.

I was told once, because I'm a meat eater, mosquitoes are attracted to me more. No standing water helps too.

SureShot

9 Juli 2013
Espoo, Finland

The question mark (?; also known as an interrogation point, interrogation mark, question point, query, or eroteme),[1] is a punctuation mark that replaces the full stop (period) at the end of an interrogative sentence in English and many other languages. The question mark is not used for indirect questions. The question mark character is also often used in place of missing or unknown data.

Anything else u wanna know ?