• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Oh boy, now I understnd you as well.

I hope, everthing will be all right with your hotel, when you are there then.

Ok, now about Queensland? :D

:p Well

The State of Origin games is a series of rugby games between Queensland and New South Wales. It's a best of 3 games, and the overall winner wins that year. For some reason it's a big deal over here. Staff decorate their work stations maroon and/or light blue, show up to work in a maroon or blue jersey, etc. It's complete madness.

I don't actually know how this whole thing started, but New South Wales used to snag all of the best players from Queensland and they'd always win over Queensland, hence the State of Origin games were started, and the players must play for their own team. At first, New South Wales still managed to win all of the time, but now Queensland has won for the past 7 years in a row, and so far this year they've won one game each. Thank fuck the decider is on while I'm away, or I'd never escape it.

This video explains the madness pretty well :p -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_nfnu1RDdA

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Anyone on here going to be in Itzehoe the sunday when wacken ends?

any bar/brewery suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J6nU600HDU

I'm going straight back to Hamburg to eat and most importantly, sleep :o Itzehoe's not a big place, but there is one bar you may be interested in. It's called Lauschbar, and opposite Hellion Records on Sandberg (it's the main street that runs up the guts of the cool parts of Itzehoe). Blink and you'll miss it; it's a quaint little place. There is a kebab shop opposite the bar as well that's open on Sundays, if you're looking for somewhere open for a feed.

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
I'm going straight back to Hamburg to eat and most importantly, sleep :o Itzehoe's not a big place, but there is one bar you may be interested in. It's called Lauschbar, and opposite Hellion Records on Sandberg (it's the main street that runs up the guts of the cool parts of Itzehoe). Blink and you'll miss it; it's a quaint little place. There is a kebab shop opposite the bar as well that's open on Sundays, if you're looking for somewhere open for a feed.

I will have to check it out, I like staying in Itzehoe because its a short journey, fairly inexpensive and a good place to shower and sleep. A good recharge spot as we will be in kiel and hamburg the next 2 days then back to california on wednesday :KO:

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
I will have to check it out, I like staying in Itzehoe because its a short journey, fairly inexpensive and a good place to shower and sleep. A good recharge spot as we will be in kiel and hamburg the next 2 days then back to california on wednesday :KO:

Nice :)
Ah, so you've been to Itzehoe before :) When I stayed there overnight I stayed at Mercure, and it was the Sunday after Headbangers Open Air (the after show was held at the bar I mentioned). It was nice to live like a queen for a night, and it was cool how they decorated the reception and breakfast room with W:O:A merchandise :D
When I asked for a cab the receptionist didn't even ask where I wanted to go, she just took one look at what I was wearing and told the driver "Wacken", when I just wanted to go to the train station :p In normal circumstances I'd give myself a backhander just for considering booking a cab for a ~600m ride, but being on holidays, spending days partying hard, and having 25kg of crap to carry (not including the heavy clothes I didn't make room to pack), I felt it warranted :ugly: