Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mattbiker

5 Nov. 2011
UK festivals like Bloodstock are pointlessly strict about camping/parking rules. I'm amazed your still allowed to fart in the Arena lol

Cheers

hansidm

17 Apr. 2013
First time at WOA, some questions

Hello all,

This will be my first time at WOA and I'm pretty excited about it. I have read lots of "survival guides" and such but I still have some questions about the festival. If you guys could help it would be awesome.

1) Water: How is the best way to keep myself hydrated? I heard that there are some tap water on the camp, so we could refill our bottles with it and bring it to the festival ground. Is that right?
2) Beer: We are going to travel overseas for WOA and going to camp, so we will not have an option on our own for something to cool our holy drink. Is it MUCH CHEAPER to bring our own beer than buying it at the festival?
3) Bathrooms: I read somewhere that WCs at the festival ground are for women only. Is that right? Also, at the camp, are WCs free or paid? And what about showers?

Thank you in advance and see you in Wacken.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
1) Yeah there is tap water places around the festival and camp area.

2) Yes it is much cheaper to bring your own beer. There is a store in the village you can buy some but it's a bit of a pain in the ass. If you can buy some before getting there is the best option.

3) No, WCs are for anyone. There are free ones (the portable ones) and pay ones (which get cleaned regularly)

Wacki10

17 Aug. 2010
Bei Erlangen
Hello all,

This will be my first time at WOA and I'm pretty excited about it. I have read lots of "survival guides" and such but I still have some questions about the festival. If you guys could help it would be awesome.

1) Water: How is the best way to keep myself hydrated? I heard that there are some tap water on the camp, so we could refill our bottles with it and bring it to the festival ground. Is that right?
2) Beer: We are going to travel overseas for WOA and going to camp, so we will not have an option on our own for something to cool our holy drink. Is it MUCH CHEAPER to bring our own beer than buying it at the festival?
3) Bathrooms: I read somewhere that WCs at the festival ground are for women only. Is that right? Also, at the camp, are WCs free or paid? And what about showers?

3) There are showers too. But you habe to pay too. But not to much. Is OK.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
As far as I know, there's even a LIDL in the station of Hamburg Altona! (could be an other supermarket though)
It's been 5 years though since I've been in Altona, so it could be gone, but honestly I don't think so.
And you'd have a direct connection to Itzehoe (nearest station for Wacken), should you plan to do the rest by public transportation.

Flatmus

19 Nov. 2007
Burg, Dithmarschen
I think, it would be a good idea to buy your food and drinks in the small Supermarket in the Village Wacken. The train and bus to Wacken will be very full. Go to Wacken get your wristband, build up your camp and then go shopping. The more poeple come with you, the better. The way from the supermarket (in the village) to your camp may be very far.

Wacken Supermarket

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I think, it would be a good idea to buy your food and drinks in the small Supermarket in the Village Wacken. The train and bus to Wacken will be very full. Go to Wacken get your wristband, build up your camp and then go shopping. The more poeple come with you, the better. The way from the supermarket (in the village) to your camp may be very far.

Wacken Supermarket

If with more than 2, a tray (24cans) is easy to carry.
And a taxi might even be cheaper!

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Shower passes were 10 euros last year and it allowed you 5 admissions. As mentioned the WCs are unisex, however the showers are separate for men and women as they are communal. I have used the paid flush toilets before, but only after a friend insisted on sharing her pass with me. I haven't bothered since and will continue to not bother with the paid toilets as the lines are very long. It's hard enough waking up busting for a piss and having to put boots/pants on just to make it safely to the nearest loo, without having to walk a few hundred metres to the nearest flush toilet and waiting in line for like half an hour. Don't forget to pack toilet paper as the dispensers are almost always empty; one roll per person per festival should be plenty.