Wacken Weather?!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

learnedrobb

28 Juli 2008
I just did a google translation of the weather report linked earlier in the thread (for those who didn't click it).

Wednesday: Light rain in AM, clears up in afternoon/evening.
Thursday: Light cloud. Sunny spells. Warm (27c)
Friday:Hot. Some cloud. Light rain possible in evening.
Sat: Risk of rain all day. Much cooler (20c)
Sunday: Rain incredibly likely (85% chance all day). Cool.

So thats me packing up a soaking wet tent then. Thank fuck i got an individual room at the hostel in Bremen.

Of course, the further into the week the report goes, the more likely it is to be wrong. Might be sunny all week.

\m/

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
I am just back from Wacken. HOT, HOT, and once again HOT! Bring LOTS of water! The tanks tend to be empty and the fuckheads of organisers ain't willing to give any else water. And LOTS of sunmilk. I creamed myself like 3 times a day and I'm still fucking burned!

orenhe

31 Juli 2010
Weather update - showers?

According to the weather reports I've seen today, it's gonna be showers at least at the start of the weekend.

In this case, how would you recommend to prepare for it? (both for sleeping-in-tent and for the day)

10x

che-vaux

W:O:A Metalhead
5 Aug. 2009
100801_wackenwetterxk4i.jpg

DarkAeon

22 Juli 2010
Oklahoma, United States
I live in Southern Oklahoma where it reaches tempatures of 100F+ during summer day after day (with high humidity) and we're outside cooking on grills and walking around nude pretty much. :p hell it's 99F right now and it's 2:40 in the morning so 80F being hot is a funny concept to us. :p i know the nordic bands hate playing here in the summer, 1 year Mikael Akerfeldt said it was sweltering and we were like it's only 88F and pretty nice out here, 3 days later it rose to 118F. :D

I'm kind of worried about it being too cold honestly, 50F-70F sounds chilly. :o

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I live in Southern Oklahoma where it reaches tempatures of 100F+ during summer day after day (with high humidity) and we're outside cooking on grills and walking around nude pretty much. :p hell it's 99F right now and it's 2:40 in the morning so 80F being hot is a funny concept to us. :p i know the nordic bands hate playing here in the summer, 1 year Mikael Akerfeldt said it was sweltering and we were like it's only 88F and pretty nice out here, 3 days later it rose to 118F. :D

I'm kind of worried about it being too cold honestly, 50F-70F sounds chilly. :o

You'll get used to it, or you'll suffer! :D

Gash

26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
Seems like it's gonna be good festival weather. I hate the heat. Didn't sleep more than 5 hours total last year because of the heat.

So, at least I can sleep untill the first bands start now, and drink more beers :D A bit rain doesn't bother me too much, as long as you get the chance to get dry before going to sleep.

So people who complain, you're probably just not viking enough :o

che-vaux

5 Aug. 2009
Seems like it's gonna be good festival weather.
oehm...
I hate the heat. Didn't sleep more than 5 hours total last year because of the heat.
same thing here abt. two weeks ago - now it's fine...

But "no heat" doesn't have to mean "rain" - I prefer "clowdy at 20° C", but pleeeas: dry!
So, at least I can sleep untill the first bands start now, and drink more beers :D
*hehe* - Prost!
A bit rain doesn't bother me too much, as long as you get the chance to get dry before going to sleep.
as the forecast I've shown above says there will be a little more than "a bit" - but there's a word:

"There's no wrong weather, there's only wrong clothes" :D