New METAL social networking website

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
24 Mai 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm a Metalhead and a web designer & I've been working my ass off for a long time to create what I hope will be the next BIG metal website.

http://www.metal-music-online.com

This is slightly different than myspace - it's based more around the entire community rather than creating individual web pages. It's extremely easy to navigate and find new bands! (launched only 9 days ago so needs you to join in order for it really show its potential)

Why is it easy to find new bands? Let's say a band signs up and specifies its genre, if you click on their genre you'll be sent to a list of all the bands on the website within this genre. You can do the same with labels. If many bands were on the website you could view the profile of a band that's new to you and find out about them easily.

You can become friends with individuals and bands, you can blog about anything - write album reviews, band news or just rant - you can specify gig listings (bands) and find gig listings (individuals) with ease (it's all on one page so you just have to search). when signed in you can go into a chat room, privately chat or private message your mates. (like facebook I suppose)

The Unique selling point - As well as being based around making mates with similar interests and finding new bands with ease (when many bands have signed up) you can also take advantage of the unique selling point of the website - you can sell your own items in your own shop (cds, merch etc), which also goes into a big shop, known as the market in the main navigation!

Think how great this is for unsigned bands to get their demos and self released albums out there!
This also suits the signed bands with many releases and lots of merch.

Please check it out and sign up, the bigger the website gets with both individuals and bands the better it is for you and the whole community, as you could go to just this one website to find the gigs you may want to go to, news from your favourite bands and find new bands to blast your eardrums!

Thanks,
Tom of Metal Music Online

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

MetalViking

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2007
England
The thing I can fault right now is the speed, its taking ages to do anything :(
I hope this gets big though, has great potential :)

24 Mai 2010
Hi thank you MetalViking, yes I understand that the speed has been an issue for some of late. I am looking into my server options and will be upgrading the server sometime soon (this does cost quite a lot though so there may be a slight delay whilst I calculate my options)

Thanks for your words of encouragement, it's just been born and may stumble a little at the start but we will get there :)