General European travel thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Got this idea from another thread as I mentioned there. I figured it'd be a good idea to have one thread devoted to travel questions, tips, advice, and whatever for those of us planning to go elsewhere besides Wacken. For anything from other festivals to sights to whatever. Since we have people from all over the world on here, the topic does come up a lot.

I don't have any of my own atm, but for everyone else, ask away. :D

See if we can sticky this to keep it at the top too.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Fine I guess I'll start this.

Any Norway travel tips for around Oslo and Bergen? As far as sights, plus tips to keep it as cheap as possible. Free camping I know about... also will be using supermarkets I guess. And anyone know how much a regular small, plain burger at Mcdoof costs there? :o

toastie

W:O:A Metalmaster
11 Juli 2008

Any Norway travel tips for around Oslo and Bergen? As far as sights, plus tips to keep it as cheap as possible. Free camping I know about... also will be using supermarkets I guess. And anyone know how much a regular small, plain burger at Mcdoof costs there? :o

Friggin cheap, at least it's so in Oslo.

Graveworm_Hunter

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net

Bergen is expensive...at least is was when I was last there, and prices certainly haven't dropped anywhere.
A Combo Meal at McDonalds or Similar is about $10...and that's the cheapest you'll get there! Beer in a pub or restaurant (400 or 500ml) around 50kr/$8.50. Bottle of Coke is about $2.50

Bergen is expensive...at least is was when I was last there, and prices certainly haven't dropped anywhere.
A Combo Meal at McDonalds or Similar is about $10...and that's the cheapest you'll get there! Beer in a pub or restaurant (400 or 500ml) around 50kr/$8.50. Bottle of Coke is about $2.50

Yes.. it's true.. i went to Norway previous to WOA 2008, and is BRUTALLY EXPENSIVE....In Oslo 1 coke and 1 sandwich (ham & cheese) around 15 usd...
Some places to see... the viking ships museum, norsk folk museum (behind the viking ships museum), Vigeland Park, , Edvard Munch Museum,

Metal atractions: Ex- Helvete the old music shop of Euronymous(mayhem), Neseblod Records (metalshop with many rare stuff), some metal pubs like Rock In, Unholy, those pubs are near to Karl Johan Gate, the main street in Oslo

Enjoy your trip :)

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Yea I imagine it's expensive, I'm planning on it :p Thanks for the ideas, I knew about the Viking ship museum but not the others.

Graveworm_Hunter

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
If you get chance, go and see the Fantoft Stave Church, it's the one that got burnt down, they've rebuilt it now. It's the one that's on the Burzum album Aske! And check out the amount of cameras they have around the place now!!!
It's about 6km out of Bergen.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
For those going to Itzehoe by train from wherever in Europe, be aware that your time to make reservations is near by!

Cheapest (so far I can see for Aug. 1) is 39 euros for a single trip!