the map of my trip

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Interrail is for European residents only!
It does not allow you to travel through/in the country where you're residing.

Exactly. That's why I said the locals have a cheaper pass for travel. Though I didn't know the residing thing, but I think there's a separate pass for that? I know there was one in Helsinki, I felt stupid after realizing that I got my Helsinki card when there was a cheaper one for local transportation for less than 1/3rd of the price -_-' the card did save money, just that one would have saved more.

Btw Steph, don't take what I said the wrong way. I was just explaining how it could be taken a bit off. It caught me the same way in a sense.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Exactly. That's why I said the locals have a cheaper pass for travel. Though I didn't know the residing thing, but I think there's a separate pass for that? I know there was one in Helsinki, I felt stupid after realizing that I got my Helsinki card when there was a cheaper one for local transportation for less than 1/3rd of the price

this is the exact reason i ask questions.
it doesnt hurt. Its info and useful. infact i cant imagine getting through life without asking people for information.
I managed to get a ticket even after being sold out this year by asking around. Got a few rides last year to and from the airport, by asking around, and so many other things you come to learn and gain just by asking questions.

I just felt a sense of cockyness when she wrote "do it yourself, ive been patient". wtf seriously!!?? If thats how you feel why even answer. Im sure somewhere within your 88,000 posts you too have asked a share of questions regarding train info and travel costs before your first trip last year.
I cant afford to pay hundreds of dollars for a train pass for one thing and why should i when i can hook up with people who may be driving the same direction, chip in for gas money and beer. It works out pretty fine in my opinion. especially since im going alone. For me thats the deal. you meet people, save more money and make the experience way better.
whatever the case, information is a good thing. It makes life much easier.

Last year, had i known Kristen you were even heading to BA after wacken you could have drove with us since we had a car and plenty of space instead of missing trains and sleeping at stations. Whether you wanted to or not, you didnt mention anything at all, but i would have definitely offered. Just saying. We ended up giving some kids who were from Ireland rides over on the way because they happened to ask and we had room so whynot?

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
There's a huge difference between asking questions and creating at least two threads in the Wacken forum [not a travel forum, I'll add] asking simple questions that could easily be discovered online. And sure I do ask travel questions, but I keep them in other related threads when I want to ask a large amount of people. Otherwise I stick with IMing and private contact.

Why would I have asked for a car ride to BA when I had my own plans? Like I told you, I visited a friend in Rostock. And I had the time of my life meeting those Brits and Germans and staying up till we crashed at 4am in a random pub. I even keep in contact with one and will meet those Brits again next year. And I didn't sleep in a train station till after BA btw.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
There's a huge difference between asking questions and creating at least two threads in the Wacken forum [not a travel forum, I'll add] asking simple questions that could easily be discovered online. And sure I do ask travel questions, but I keep them in other related threads when I want to ask a large amount of people. Otherwise I stick with IMing and private contact.

Why would I have asked for a car ride to BA when I had my own plans? Like I told you, I visited a friend in Rostock. And I had the time of my life meeting those Brits and Germans and staying up till we crashed at 4am in a random pub. I even keep in contact with one and will meet those Brits again next year. And I didn't sleep in a train station till after BA btw.

sorry i dont sit on here all effin day and have to time to put certain threads in certain areas. I posted maybe 3 questions,. one asking for a ticket and i got it from doing so. another asking whos going to another festival Sonishere (cause im curious) and this last one about my plans and who can tell me anything i dont know. I posted just over 200 posts compared to your nearly 90,000 and youre telling me how much to post???
the point of me telling you about offering you a ride was not the matter of you NEEDING one but just to be nice. Im not fucken cocky!! I was nice to you, at wacken i offered you drinks (whether you drink or not), i said hi and bye to you at BA. was i not cool? I think youre being rude. i dont care how you approach your questioning, Im'ing or wtf else. This is a forum ill post what i want. wtf else is the point of being on here??

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
sorry i dont sit on here all effin day and have to time to put certain threads in certain areas. I posted maybe 3 questions,. one asking for a ticket and i got it from doing so. another asking whos going to another festival Sonishere (cause im curious) and this last one about my plans and who can tell me anything i dont know. I posted just over 200 posts compared to your nearly 90,000 and youre telling me how much to post???
the point of me telling you about offering you a ride was not the matter of you NEEDING one but just to be nice. Im not fucken cocky!! I was nice to you, at wacken i offered you drinks (whether you drink or not), i said hi and bye to you at BA. was i not cool? I think youre being rude. i dont care how you approach your questioning, Im'ing or wtf else. This is a forum ill post what i want. wtf else is the point of being on here??

Obviously you don't have time to research on the internet either. But proper planning takes time, loads of it, thus why my planning process for this year started while I was on a train in Europe last year. That's what you don't seem to get... you can't rely on other people to plan things for you. Otherwise you're going to get stuck and panic. You're honestly not ready to travel on your own if you won't even put the effort in to research things first.

What does you being nice to me have to do with anything? You're definitely not now. I told you what you asked for in your original post, as well as stating I didn't intend to sound mean. You're the one that got offended, that's not my problem.

Amount of posts has nothing to do with anything, and I won't deny a large percentage of mine lack any sense of quality. :o And you don't get the point of forums either. If it's just to "post what you want", we'd have spambots, advertisements, and random crap about Taylor Swift all over here. Must be more than that. I can also tell you what it's not: a one way street. I don't see you posting much in anyone else's threads. Or participating in our discussions, however silly they might be [talking about the 150K thread here]. But of course we all should help you.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Obviously you don't have time to research on the internet either. But proper planning takes time, loads of it, thus why my planning process for this year started while I was on a train in Europe last year. That's what you don't seem to get... you can't rely on other people to plan things for you. Otherwise you're going to get stuck and panic. You're honestly not ready to travel on your own if you won't even put the effort in to research things first...

how can i say this in another form of English other than what i already have said 5 times now, I PLANNED MY TRIP OUT! Its planned! . ive been to Europe on my own before 5 other times. I dont have much knowledge about trains though therefore I asked. Most of these websites about trains in Europe especially local trains are not even in English. With that said theres also alot of things to see that is not necessary on tourism websites like castles and historical sites 9which i love) to check out and this is how i find out about them from asking around. i love all this old stuff, so if anyone wanted to tell me what to check out in those areas im more than open for suggestion. is that so wrong?
You mention this not being a travel site but when you have such an international crowd coming together, by default most questions pertain to travel in one way or another.
I dont get involved much in other posts (although from time to time i certainly do) because im not on here often enough.
I told you before that i envy you for having not gotten lost and doing what you did on your own for the first time last year and not running into problems but guess what, shit happens, not everyone may be as good of a planner as you. i tend to miss trains and fuck up even in my own area with a mass subway/metro system. this is what im accustomed to here- total chaos.
Just because your trip worked out perfectly for you, doesnt mean most peoples will.
Look i dont want to fight with you. this is just BS i seriously dont take it personally at all cause its stupid and lame nor should you but really i feel like if i ask something youre almost bullying me into a corner so I think its only fair to reply. Anyway im done.
Hope you have fun this summer as do I.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
There's loads of info on trains all over the internet. There are entire books written on European trains [if you don't believe me, google "europe train travel" and hit the "Books" option]. I really don't see how it's hard to find info on that, actually it's probably one of the most common subjects of European travel.

If you're looking for info on more obsecure, off-the-beaten-path attractions, of course it's understandable if it's hard to find info in English. You're actually probably right about the travel thing though... maybe we should make a thread for general travel questions and get it stickied. :D

I'm not trying to bully you at all, just being honest and yes I can come off harsh sometimes. Hope you have a good trip too.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
There's loads of info on trains all over the internet. There are entire books written on European trains [if you don't believe me, google "europe train travel" and hit the "Books" option]. I really don't see how it's hard to find info on that, actually it's probably one of the most common subjects of European travel.

If you're looking for info on more obsecure, off-the-beaten-path attractions, of course it's understandable if it's hard to find info in English. You're actually probably right about the travel thing though... maybe we should make a thread for general travel questions and get it stickied. :D

I'm not trying to bully you at all, just being honest and yes I can come off harsh sometimes. Hope you have a good trip too.

awesome.:D