Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

thirup

4 Sep. 2009
thanks for all that information people :) does anyone know at which dates they will announce which bands will play there? :)

DaveAus

W:O:A Metalhead
3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
At least most of the announcements are coming a bit earlier this year. I still liked the 2008 fest where a lot of the main bands were confirmed pretty much straight after the 2007 fest.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Random question, how common are those cheap mini grills in supermarkets? Not just for Wacken, but Germany/northern Europe in general.

metal_mills

7 Feb. 2010
1. I'm looking to stay at the Wacken grounds rather than a hotel. I heard there were campervans for hire. Can you hire them at the grounds or do you need to drive them there and get an IDP? Can they hold 4 people ok? Are they expensive?

2. I heard the mud can get pretty rough over there and boots are recommended. Do people recommend any or just any boots would be fine?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
1. I'm looking to stay at the Wacken grounds rather than a hotel. I heard there were campervans for hire. Can you hire them at the grounds or do you need to drive them there and get an IDP? Can they hold 4 people ok? Are they expensive?

2. I heard the mud can get pretty rough over there and boots are recommended. Do people recommend any or just any boots would be fine?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

1)
I've never seen any type of vehicles for hire at Wacken, my guess is hire them in Hamburg or similar, then drive it there.
Can't help you with inside space for ppl or price, my best advice would be to google for places in Hamburg to rent and check around those sites.

2)
It can be for sure. Leather boots that goes well above your ankles, or the less metal but even better for mud rubber/wellington boots.
If going for the leather version, make sure they're not leaking and that you've applied enough fat or similar to make sure they won't start leaking.

I tend to go with the 10-hole version called Killer Boots / Get a Grip, they work fine.