Wacken Newbie here...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
Fellow metalheads,

I'm planning on coming to Wacken 2010 with some friends and I've got a few questions.

1) How quickly do the tickets sell out? Obviously there's not a specific date, but is it going to be days/weeks/months from now? N.B. I intend to buy from metaltix

2) When do I get the tickets? Is it as soon as possible after buying them, or about 2 weeks before the festival?

3) What are the toilets like in the festival? Here in the UK festival toilets are bad, to put it very politely. Should I expect something which flushes, a porter loo, or a ditch?

4) How much are drinks? And do they only sell beer, or can you get cider/vodka/rum/gin/whiskey etc

I think that's everything for now.
Thanks in advance.

Bomberman

W:O:A Metalhead
6 Aug. 2009
Dublin
Fellow metalheads,

I'm planning on coming to Wacken 2010 with some friends and I've got a few questions.

1) How quickly do the tickets sell out? Obviously there's not a specific date, but is it going to be days/weeks/months from now? N.B. I intend to buy from metaltix

2) When do I get the tickets? Is it as soon as possible after buying them, or about 2 weeks before the festival?

3) What are the toilets like in the festival? Here in the UK festival toilets are bad, to put it very politely. Should I expect something which flushes, a porter loo, or a ditch?

4) How much are drinks? And do they only sell beer, or can you get cider/vodka/rum/gin/whiskey etc

Thanks in advance.

great idea!

to answer your questions as best i can:

1) real fucking quick…sellout for 2009 was declared in early december 2008 i think…so better go for it right now!

2) normally a few weeks or so after ordering

3) crap, mostly portable loos, a tad better if you pay...

4) fucking expensive, can’t remember all the details from 2008, maybe someone here can give more precise and up-to-date info…

Falconius

28 Jan. 2008
SH, Germany
Fellow metalheads,

Thanks in advance.

1) Maybe this year, maybe next year in the first 3 month, mostly depends on the bands.

2) I ordered my tickets right after they could be buyed and I'm waiting nearly a month.

3) Don't expect anything good. Maybe you should buy some Sagrotan to clean the toilet before you use them.

4) Mostly beer I think, you should get the hard stuff from your home or buy it at the Edeka Market in the town. Don't know the prices but it is expensive.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Fellow metalheads,

Thanks in advance.

1. said before, tickets for 2009 were sold out by the end of 2008, and I wouldn't be surprised if they sell out sooner
2. don't know myself, I didn't order mine last year, but from what I've heard it varies... see the other responses :p
3. mostly the porter ones, they also have nicer ones in the festival area, dunno if you pay for those though
4. last year it was 3.5 euros plus a 1 euro deposit, in other words 4.5 euros but you got a euro back if you don't want to keep the cup as a souvenir :p dunno about that but they did sell Coke and Sprite, also half a euro less

edit: that's for .4-.5L... you can also get these huge 1L mugs, that was 8.5 euros I think, plus a 3 euro deposit, or something like that

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
A cup of Becks in 2008 was 3.50 Euro's if you brought back your cup and if not it is 4.50. I remember in town there was a huge liquor truck in someones backyard , you can buy liquor and just fill your wacken cup. The best and cheapest way is to have your drinks in your campsite and fill your cup and they let you bring it in to the fest area.

the bathrooms arent too bad at all. They clean the port a johns a lot. Buy the shower/shitter card the first day. You get like 5 showers and 10 shits for like 10 euros.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Fellow metalheads,

Thanks in advance.

1) As everybody else has said, it's unpredictable, but quickly. However, my friend bought a ticket after it was sold out for 50% of the price in June.

2) I got my ticket in December. I ordered them in September-ish. I ordered a second one in December and got it in March-ish. They seem to ship it on a slow boat moving across the globe.

3) Porterloo, flush toilets in the festival area. Bring your own toilet paper.

4) I got vodka, I saw rum and such. They're reasonably priced to a degree in the supermarket. A bit higher in the festival area.

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
Buy the shower/shitter card the first day. You get like 5 showers and 10 shits for like 10 euros.

Sounds pretty good, thanks for that!

Another question though,

How many Euros would be enough for food and drink and souvenirs? I probably wouldn't buy many cds, but maybe a few shirts.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Sounds pretty good, thanks for that!

Another question though,

How many Euros would be enough for food and drink and souvenirs? I probably wouldn't buy many cds, but maybe a few shirts.

depends on how much you drink and eat, and whether you live off the festival food or bring some from the supermarket... but just as an idea, hamburgers and hot dogs are like 5 euros, fries are somewhere less
CD prices vary a lot, shirts are about the price you'd get them anywhere else

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
depends on how much you drink and eat, and whether you live off the festival food or bring some from the supermarket... but just as an idea, hamburgers and hot dogs are like 5 euros, fries are somewhere less
CD prices vary a lot, shirts are about the price you'd get them anywhere else

I would expect to bring my own breakfasts from home, but I would buy lunch from a supermarket and maybe a hamburger for dinner.
I'm not a heavy drinker, although alot can happen in 11 months, especially as I'll be over the legal drinking age soon ;)

Would about 75 Euros be enough to cover everything?

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
I would expect to bring my own breakfasts from home, but I would buy lunch from a supermarket and maybe a hamburger for dinner.
I'm not a heavy drinker, although alot can happen in 11 months, especially as I'll be over the legal drinking age soon ;)

Would about 75 Euros be enough to cover everything?

well the supermarket's a bit of a walk from the festival area, not entirely sure exactly where it is but when I went through the village, I wouldn't want to do it regularly... maybe just buy everything you need the first time you go. but ask someone else :p
hm... if you were careful it could, but if you get like two shirts that takes it down to 40-50 for food and drinks for however long you're going to be there [Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday to Sunday morning] I'd go with at least 100, and you might want even more just in case of emergency.

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
well the supermarket's a bit of a walk from the festival area, not entirely sure exactly where it is but when I went through the village, I wouldn't want to do it regularly... maybe just buy everything you need the first time you go. but ask someone else :p
hm... if you were careful it could, but if you get like two shirts that takes it down to 40-50 for food and drinks for however long you're going to be there [Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday to Sunday morning] I'd go with at least 100, and you might want even more just in case of emergency.

Ok, thanks for that. Money is not a problem for me :)