Anthrax might NOT play Wacken...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
FUCKING SHIT.

One of the few good reason to be at WOA is over.
I know it's not the fault of the orga, but the line-up really turns out to be crappier than ever now (also with the failure of Thin Lizzy's cover band named Thin Lizzy).

I hope there's time to get some really good stuff instead ! Go orga, prove me you have some big stuff in your pockets !

tgBrain

31 Mai 2007
Ruhrpott
myspace.com
Unholy Crap,

I saw Anthrax at Devil Side last month and was looking forward to see another excellent show. F U C K
No Thin Lizzy, no Anthrax, what a pitty.

Now i am very curious about who will fill in the open spots. I hope they will not announce annother secret show, cause i want to know who is playing to plan my time at Wacken with maximum efficiency ;)

But as long as Rob Flynn is alive and healthy worst case has not arrived.

The mentioned Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, Overkill, Tankard or Sacred Reich would be very good alternatives for the open spots!

Jordan

25 März 2009
I fear it will be difficult to find something interesting in ONE week...
(especially since the orga didn't prove to make very wise choices this year regarding line-up)

but a good surprise may still happen... crossing my fingers.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Have Anthrax actually cancelled then officially? cos there's been no announcement like there was with Thin Lizzy.

Jordan

25 März 2009
I guess the announcement from the orga will come soon.

I fear at this time, the only replacement we can get is a WET-stage band to be "upgraded" to Party-stage...

Entenfield

3 Feb. 2008
Finnland
Dark Tranquillity wären echt verdammt geil als Ersatz :)

Oh ja, und wie! :)

edit:

" DAN NELSON OFFICIAL STATEMENT

On the advice of counsel I have remained silent to the statements issued by Anthrax in recent days and now must address these issues to my loyal fans and others. I want to set the record straight.

I was never seriously ill or sick at all, as reported in Anthrax’s 7/17/09 press release. This extremely inflammatory statement hurt me tremendously. This statement misled fans, friends and family members into believing that I was seriously ill when I was not. I was not aware such a statement was being issued and it came as a total shock to me, as I’m sure it did to all of you. It was the other band members’ decision to cancel the tour dates, not mine. I was ready, willing and able to do my job. After issuing the press release the other band members decided, on their own accord, that I had “resigned” from the band. I never resigned from the band.

Even in view of this action and stance taken by the band, as late as earlier today I made it clear that I was ready willing and able to continue to fulfill my obligations. After that offer was made the most recent press release was issued which announced my “confirmed” departure from the band. I was not aware of the contents of this release until after it was issued, nor was I aware that Anthrax was canceling the European and Slipknot tours.
I regret any disappointment and confusion this situation has caused. I want to thank my loyal fans, family and friends for all their support and their many messages, emails and calls. My counsel has been instructed to take any and all appropriate actions to address this situation.

Dan Nelson"

Soso, naja... is ja auch egal jez. :/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Demon Prince

23 März 2009
Verdammte Scheiße!:mad::mad::mad:
Kann Jordan nur recht geben einer der wenigen guten Bands ist weg.:(

Arch Enemy und Dark Tranquillity sieht man doch überall die brauch ich nicht Wacken.Holt lieber mit Megadeth ne geile alte Thrash Metal Band als Ersatz...das ist nur fair.

Sven

4 Juni 2008
Bremen
hab weder arch enemy noch dark tranquillity bisher gesehen megadeth schon :D wobei die auch geil waren beim priest feast

Dextro

11 Feb. 2009
Those guys have got to be the biggest douchebags on the planet! Srsly how can they fire the Singer during a Tour?