What are these bands at Wacken ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Archtur

2 Jan. 2003
www.sci.fi
Could someone explain what these bands are ?

5th Avenue
Adorned Brood
ASP
Bai Bang
Bon Scott
BossHoss, the
Cumulo Nimbus
Der W
eths
Feuerschwanz
Ingrimm
Rabenschrey
Reincarnatus
Schandmaul
Smackballz, the
Swashbuckle
Victims of Madness
Waltons

Herrscher

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2006
Wien
Exept Schandmaul, der W, Bosshoss and ASP (which really sucks) they r No-Names or Bands who played in Wacken 18-20 years ago (5. avenue, bon scott, bai bang) blabla.. maybe there is a reason why nobody heard from them since 20 years.

In my opinion "someone" needed some more bands and they were cheap.

Shardar

W:O:A Metalmaster
19 Nov. 2002
Exept Schandmaul, der W, Bosshoss and ASP (which really sucks) they r No-Names or Bands who played in Wacken 18-20 years ago (5. avenue, bon scott, bai bang) blabla.. maybe there is a reason why nobody heard from them since 20 years.

If you don't like it, stay at home!

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
Could someone explain what these bands are ?

5th Avenue - sorry, no idea ;-)
Adorned Brood - a German band, pioneers of the Pagen Metal genre
ASP - a Neue Deutsche Härte band
Bai Bang - a Swedish Glam Rock band
Bon Scott - an AC/DC cover band
BossHoss, the - a German Country band
Cumulo Nimbus - an German Alternative band from Landsberg am Lech (which is very near to where I live)
Der W - a band featuring the bass guitar player of the former German band "Die Böhsen Onkelz"
eths - a French Metalcore/Numetal band
Feuerschwanz - a German medieval band
Ingrimm - a German medieval band
Rabenschrey - a German medieval band
Reincarnatus - sorry, no idea ;-)
Schandmaul - a German medieval band, I think they're from Fürstenfeldbruck (which is quite near to where I live)
Smackballz, the - sorry, no idea ;-)
Swashbuckle - a Thrash Metal band from USA
Victims of Madness - a band which was founded "just for fun" and which has been playing at Wacken quite a few times
Waltons - a German Country band - they call the music they play "cowpunk"

Grrr - I've just written a description to most of them, but then I looked one up at Myspace and that damn 64-bit Adobe Flash shot down my browser. :rolleyes: (yeah - I know it's still beta software but it's still more stable than emulating the 32-bit version on a 64-bit computer system ;) - still it would be better if Flash vanished alltogether to be replaced by standardized formats like SVG and ECMAscript :rolleyes: )

So now .. after typing it in the second time, hoping I'll be able to submit it before the browser crashes again. ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg

Bon Scott play until today....

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Adorned Brood
Schandmaul
Swashbuckle
Those are only once worth going to. Actually Schandmaul are giving great performance on stage - highly recommended. The only problem - I do not understand a single word of their lyrics and as far as I know - they are really good since crowd sing along with them all the time.

The rest are mediocre and below bands, who never made it big due being talentless crap. And they are cheap, so you do your math.
Fuck, if you are playing for 20 years, but your band name is known to 20 people including your band mates and your mother - you are a fuckin' looser. Quit the music, go work in farm or something.

baci

24 Aug. 2007
Hamburg
well what kind of bands do you look for at the medieval stage? :rolleyes:

some people who like to complain very often may have missed the fact that this years Wacken has the highest band count ever (103 including Metal Battle and Secret Show)

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
well what kind of bands do you look for at the medieval stage? :rolleyes:

some people who like to complain very often may have missed the fact that this years Wacken has the highest band count ever (103 including Metal Battle and Secret Show)

And oddly enough, seems to simultaneously be the year with the most complaints about band quality. It is also, undeniably, the first year in a long time without a great deal of representation from all genres, particularly major genres like black metal, death metal and thrash metal. With so many bands you'd think this problem wouldn't exist;)

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Those are only once worth going to. Actually Schandmaul are giving great performance on stage - highly recommended. The only problem - I do not understand a single word of their lyrics and as far as I know - they are really good since crowd sing along with them all the time.

The rest are mediocre and below bands, who never made it big due being talentless crap. And they are cheap, so you do your math.
Fuck, if you are playing for 20 years, but your band name is known to 20 people including your band mates and your mother - you are a fuckin' looser. Quit the music, go work in farm or something.

You absofuckinglutely have no idea what music may mean to these bands. But there you are, calling them crap and worse. How can someone be so naive and so brutal at the same time? Lost your brain in the desert sun?

*unbelievable*:mad: