Thin Lizzy Out?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

BierBaron666

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Feb. 2008
Nattheim :o
www.lastfm.de
You're joking right? Or are Slayer really that big in Germany? They can't even headline festivals in the UK an I thought they where big over here?!

You can't say Slayer could headline over motorhead/saxon/doro/machine head (well ok maybe MH).

Slayer can't anyways they're on a US tour lol.

well, i'd actually say they're the most popular thrash band here in germany.. and i'm sure they're WAY more popular than doro^^ i mean.. about 80% of the people from my region were asking for slayer to come to a small festival (~5000 people) near to me and the organisation said it's impossible to get them.. but doro played there and she wasn't even one of the headliners (hammerfall and edguy headlined the festival)..
they're not my fav band, but i still think they're the most popular here.
my current favourite thrash band is tankard btw :)

Since when were Slayer big anywhere? :confused:

If we're going for thrash - Exodus, Kreator, Sodom, Sabbat, Destruction
Doom - Candlemass, Orange Goblin, Electric Wizard
BM/DM - Obituary, Morbid Angel, Rotting Christ, Akercocke, Anaal Nathrakh, Kataklysm, Marduk, Immortal (although they're probably headlining next year)

These would fit nicely!

well, it's not about your personal opinion.. it's a fact that slayer are more popular than any of the bands you mentioned. just take a look at some statistics..

Wie währs denn mit Debauchery, die spielen auch schon auf Wacken Rocks und haben ne hammer live show, würd ich sehr gerne mal sehen :) !

debauchery würd ich auch gern nochmal sehn..
ich hab das plek vom sänger :o ich bin toll.
:D
ne aber debauchery fänd ich echt klasse.. war ziemlich enttäuscht als ich gehört hab, dass sie zum wacken rocks kommen aber nicht zum richtigen..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Ok well I would think whoever said all those bands testament exodus etc are bigger than Slayer in the UK is deluded (sorry mate) Slayer are bigger than any of them in the UK! but I meant they're not so big as to headline any major ferstivals other than their own unholly allince tour.... but if you can't headline your own show then whats the point!? :p

Shocked aboput doro beiging regarded better than slayer i would guess its more to do wiht her being cheaper than the money grabbing yanks that are slayer... Not a good record since the 80's!

Anyways enough of this bickering... the main thing is realistically whose gonna replace them I hope it will wind up as a special blind guardian show since they're already there... failing that JBO would fit in... or something else? its gonna be a cheesey metal band though i'm sure.... iron maiden would be nice ;) ;) ;)

slayerizer

10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com

Jordan

25 März 2009
lmao.

that's what happens when you book (cover) bands with 60 year-old guys...

Korax

20 Aug. 2008
Perhaps I am just too dumb, but what exactly is this? Ok, Ensiferum has got a new album, and Suidraka replaces Mago. But else? (A serious question, I dont speak Spanish, so maybe I missed something ^^)

Read the Headline of the Post.
It calls "ENSIFERUM, WACKEN OPEN AIR 09"

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
well maybe it isn't them, but it would be good if it was is all i am saying! I think Edguy could be quite likely or possibly blind guardian or destruction too but we'l see.