Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
yo, listen up dude
most of us come from other countries
some even from different continents to enjoy this festival
sure only the camping is awesome already
and there are some good bands there...

but for a ticket raise of 30 euro's since last year, they better put on some major names most true wackeners like!
I mean, most of us are coming for years now and it's a shame to lose those people that had enough of wacken, coz they made the atmosphere happen these last years!

I mean come on, bands like BFMV? u want 16 year old emo kids coming to wacken?
That happened to graspop 2006 when they lined up avenged sevenfold and bullet for my valentine, the last year I ever went there!

same destruction is gonna happen with wacken if u keep this rate up!

I agree with you man and Im starting to wonder why no guitar/rock magazines or anything here in the states ever even mention "Wacken". And I subscribe to almost all of them. I found out about it while in Europe last year.
The one band I must see is Motorhead. Aside from the fest ticket I already have my plane ticket to Germany. Ive seen a few of the other good ones before like Testament (last week) ,In Flames, Carcass a few times but the rest in my opinion arent worthy of showing up at a festival that is supposedly the biggest metal fest in the world. Some of these bands I wouldnt even care if they showed up to play in my backyard. My speculation is only irritating me more and more. If Im the only 30 year old there someone better slip me some roofies please.

and wtf is this crap about Slayer being at a different Wacken?? apparently theres 2. fucken gayyyyyyyyy

Jordan

25 März 2009
The one band I must see is Motorhead. Aside from the fest ticket I already have my plane ticket to Germany. Ive seen a few of the other good ones before like Testament (last week) ,In Flames, Carcass a few times but the rest in my opinion arent worthy of showing up at a festival that is supposedly the biggest metal fest in the world.
not to mention that Carcass won't play at WOA'09 ! you've been mistaken with last year's line-up I guess.

13 Mai 2009
Istanbul / Turkei
Sorry for my bad words.........

f**k you wacken......i felt like i was f**ked up.Slayer....at Wacken. f**kin..Rocks

Sorry but the organization failed this time.For your anniversary you didint even get your asses up from your bed.
I did my part to buy the ticket 10 months ago and what did you do...?
Nothing...

POSTED SECOND TIME

holm

12 Juni 2009
So dissapointing...

I have to agree with a lot of you guys.
Been coming for the festival the last 5 years. I love coming there but honestly, the program this year is more than dissapointing. It's just embarasing! where are bands like slayer, Gojira, Sepultura, Faith No more, System of a down.....in general BIGGER NAMES! How can they celebrate a 20th anaversary with Doro and Onkel Tom or what ever the names are... Im sure this will have a major impact on next years ticket sales, if they do not come up with som seriously better bands.

Kind regards from Denmark...

Jordan

25 März 2009
While I find the two last posts a bit excessive (who would like to see SOAD at Wacken anyway ?), I globally agree.

This announcement was supposed to be a good news for people who will attend Wacken Rocks, but displaying it as a big news on the WOA site is kinda provocation for all those who feel a bit disappointed with WOA.

Communication is really a big issue this year !

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
I have to agree with a lot of you guys.
Been coming for the festival the last 5 years. I love coming there but honestly, the program this year is more than dissapointing. It's just embarasing! where are bands like slayer, Gojira, Sepultura, Faith No more, System of a down.....in general BIGGER NAMES! How can they celebrate a 20th anaversary with Doro and Onkel Tom or what ever the names are... Im sure this will have a major impact on next years ticket sales, if they do not come up with som seriously better bands.

Kind regards from Denmark...

ermmm because if they got your bands there it would be becoming a mainstream festival if you want that line up go to download in the UK or something... Wacken is based around true metal... sepultura great as they are without Max who cares really?! Gojira.. hmm..... FNM... could you see that at wacken? SOAD wtf planet are you on?!?!?!?!?

Slayer ok maybe next year WOA gets them again?

You my friend are clearly a biscuit short of a picnic!

Bigger names = mainstream which means.. wacken wont be wacken anymore! I go there to see european metal badns not american ones! Especially not SOAD if they ever get confirmed, unless its balanced out by a combincation of IMMORTAL and EMPEROR!!! i'l sell my ticket to you for free! lol

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Yeah, I noticed it was a quote... sorry but I had to reply to it. :D

Have you ever been in Spain? :p They are not spamming here only because they generally have a poor english level. If they could...

So, no more new bands, right? Not a single one? Not a chance?

hmmm maybe this is true... since I dont speak espanol I can ignore them then! Actually the fact they have a siesta says it "its too hot we'l take a few hours off" lol admiteddly in Britain if its sunny the country stops! lol we're just so shocked to have nice weather!

holm

12 Juni 2009
well...Mentioning SOAD among other bands was just
to empasize the lag of well known bigger bands. And if bands like Volbeat and Coheed and Cambria can play at wacken surely SOAD can??

While I find the two last posts a bit excessive (who would like to see SOAD at Wacken anyway ?), I globally agree.

This announcement was supposed to be a good news for people who will attend Wacken Rocks, but displaying it as a big news on the WOA site is kinda provocation for all those who feel a bit disappointed with WOA.

Communication is really a big issue this year !

holm

12 Juni 2009
Hmmm I really don't understand how you can call wacken "true metal" festival....In flames, Volbeat, Coheed and Cambria...do i have to say more??

ermmm because if they got your bands there it would be becoming a mainstream festival if you want that line up go to download in the UK or something... Wacken is based around true metal... sepultura great as they are without Max who cares really?! Gojira.. hmm..... FNM... could you see that at wacken? SOAD wtf planet are you on?!?!?!?!?

Bigger names = mainstream which means.. wacken wont be wacken anymore! I go there to see european metal badns not american ones! Especially not SOAD if they ever get confirmed, unless its balanced out by a combincation of IMMORTAL and EMPEROR!!! i'l sell my ticket to you for free! lol

Jordan

25 März 2009
well...Mentioning SOAD among other bands was just
to empasize the lag of well known bigger bands. And if bands like Volbeat and Coheed and Cambria can play at wacken surely SOAD can??
Volbeat.. I'm kinda curious.
Coheed & Cambria, alright, kick them off the stage ! ;)

holm

12 Juni 2009
And it's not only about "big" american bands for me...what about Satyricon, Hatesphere, devildriver (i know they are american :)), Gorefest etc.

Hmmm I really don't understand how you can call wacken "true metal" festival....In flames, Volbeat, Coheed and Cambria...do i have to say more??

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

holm

12 Juni 2009
And it's not only about "big" american bands for me...what about Satyricon, Hatesphere, devildriver (i know they are american :)), Gorefest etc

holm

12 Juni 2009
I have seen Volbeat a dozen times (since im from Denmark) they put of a good show (if you like that kind of music) so i definately recomend going to their gig.-)

Volbeat.. I'm kinda curious.
Coheed & Cambria, alright, kick them off the stage ! ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Volbeat are certainly metal though! maybe not true metal or classic metal but certainly a proper metal band not out of place on the wacken stage... an like you said they are great live!

Coheed & cambria i was genuinely shocked about I will admit but a few years ago i seen them with a headlining slot on UK festival and they where very good. Besides which they're only on the party stage.

Devil driver.. I hate them I was in the world record circle pit at Download though, my girlfriend an me thought we should get involved so we could say we where... plus we where waiting for napalm death to start an dimmu! :D

Hatesphere I can't stand.. Satyricon are brilliant though one of my absolute favourite bands... but they will never play wacken again I'm told there was a big argument with orga in ...04??? or something.

Behemoth I think should replace BFMV though if they're on the same tour I never knew about that... but the fact slayer haveBFMV playing with them on their tour says a lot about their integrity!