>>>GOOD NEWS<<<

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

_Pete_

W:O:A Metalhead
27 Okt. 2008
Saarbrücken
i would like to see these wacken rocks bands on the "real wacken":
Drone,Holy Moses,Edguy and Heavan Shall Burn -> best liveband i've seen so far and I've seen a lot bands live!

Stoffel1337

30 Okt. 2007
NRW
I really can't believe that a festival like Wacken doesn't bring in any good death metal band, specially when I think about German death Metal ... Necrophagist, Obscura, Centaurus A etc etc ... these are brilliant bands AND german bands, why don't they bill them ...

If you want to see Necrophagist and Obscura live - come to Summer Breeze this year! They are already confirmed - like Vader , Misery Index , Kreator , Entombed , Evocation , Grand Magus , Jack slater and much more! and indeed - There are almost enough "softer" metal like Sabaton , Opeth(The headliner) Schandmaul or Volbeat :D

This Year Summer Breeze is MUCH better than Wacken! Better prices - More support/communication in the forum from the Organisators - a better mix of bands and Genres!!!

Was last year on wacken - and iam ABSOLUTLY confused what the organisators do now....but its their fault - not mine. I´ll be happy at summer Breeze , and maybe i will visit Wacken - the ticket is here.

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
If you want to see Necrophagist and Obscura live - come to Summer Breeze this year! They are already confirmed - like Vader , Misery Index , Kreator , Entombed , Evocation , Grand Magus , Jack slater and much more! and indeed - There are almost enough "softer" metal like Sabaton , Opeth(The headliner) Schandmaul or Volbeat :D

This Year Summer Breeze is MUCH better than Wacken! Better prices - More support/communication in the forum from the Organisators - a better mix of bands and Genres!!!

Was last year on wacken - and iam ABSOLUTLY confused what the organisators do now....but its their fault - not mine. I´ll be happy at summer Breeze , and maybe i will visit Wacken - the ticket is here.

I know dude, this is indeed what makes me sick ... cause I have planed my holidays for Wacken cause I expected Wacken to be the best festival this year, at least they ought to be ...

Chaosweaver

26 Aug. 2007
SB
Drone,Holy Moses,Edguy and Heavan Shall Burn -> best liveband i've seen so far and I've seen a lot bands live!

Oh yes, I forgot about Drone, but they seem to be playing nevertheless. No probs with Holy Moses too.

Jordan

25 März 2009
the two last play at hellfest... (plus numerous great stuff, and also crap like manowar, stratovarius, that people here seem to like...) as well...

I still can't undestand why WOA line-up is overwhelmed by that of Hellfest (and other fests).

I will never stop blaming myself for chosing the wrong fest... 20th anniversary joke killed me :/

Sinus 30

4 Dez. 2007
Hamburg
Trying to sum up last years bm/dm bands, I actually see no difference to this year. Even now 3 month before the festival

At the Gates
Carcass
Ensiferum
Gorgoroth
Grave
Lord Belial
Nifelheim
Obituary
Watain

Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Endstille
Enslaved
Napalm Death
Kampfar
Sarke

More or less, it has reached the same level as last year. You could find an eqiuvalent comparing the two years. And theres still something coming this year, as we heared.
And its "just" 5 metalcore bands this year. I mean - 6 too much, but it shows the emphases: Its quite the same, noticing that we have to face another 3 or 4. Its just annoying that they have bfmv as a "headliner" and theres no bm/dm band headlining. Thats a real shame and symptomatic for our time.
I really hope they disclose some really good dm/bm bands maybe also in the second row.
Maybe Summoning, 1349, Dismember, Autopsy, Entombed, Deicide, Angel Corpse, Dødheimsgard, Taunusheim, Taake ...
You always expect the exceptional in wacken - even in the second row. that means bands reuniting only for wacken, playing their only show in wacken. This must always be the approach for wacken. otherwise the reputation will at least utterly die.
A personal illusion of me is nocte obducta or dornenreich. I know, these would be headliners as well.
I would also like nargaroth, although this might score me off entirely. But I really appreciate Ash and his music despite all the nonsense he said in past..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

25 März 2009
Trying to sum up last years bm/dm bands, I actually see no difference to this year. Even now 3 month before the festival

Carcass
Ensiferum
Gorgoroth
Grave
Lord Belial
Nifelheim
Obituary
Watain

Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Endstille
Enslaved
Napalm Death
Kampfar
Sarke
In 08, you forgot Opeth & Cynic. That's quite a difference !! They are not really brutal, but still performing great music. And Opeth can be considered as a "big act".

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
Job for a cowboy was there too as kinda brutal act ...Excrementory Grindfuckers, The Rotted ...
To me, only the appearances of Iron Maiden, Carcass, At the gates, Opeth and Cynic were worth the ticket price, other bands were kinda of bonus ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

25 März 2009
Job for a cowboy was there too as kinda brutal act ...Excrementory Grindfuckers, The Rotted ...
To me, only the appearances of Iron Maiden, Carcass, At the gates, Opeth and Cynic were worth the ticket price, other bands were kinda of bonus ...
except for Napalm Death, I can't see an extreme band in '09 which can compete with one of those.

At the Gates
Carcass
Ensiferum
Gorgoroth
Grave
Lord Belial
Nifelheim
Obituary
Watain

Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Endstille
Enslaved
Napalm Death
Kampfar
Sarke

there was also Primordial and Negura Bunget last year for extreme bands. Two of the best bands of the festival if you ask me... :)

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool

At the Gates
Carcass
Ensiferum
Gorgoroth
Grave
Lord Belial
Nifelheim
Obituary
Watain

Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Endstille
Enslaved
Napalm Death
Kampfar
Sarke

More or less, it has reached the same level as last year. You could find an eqiuvalent comparing the two years. And theres still something coming this year, as we heared.
And its "just" 5 metalcore bands this year. I mean - 6 too much, but it shows the emphases: Its quite the same, noticing that we have to face another 3 or 4. Its just annoying that they have bfmv as a "headliner" and theres no bm/dm band headlining. Thats a real shame and symptomatic for our time.
I really hope they disclose some really good dm/bm bands maybe also in the second row.
Maybe Summoning, 1349, Dismember, Autopsy, Entombed, Deicide, Angel Corpse, Dødheimsgard, Taunusheim, Taake ...
You always expect the exceptional in wacken - even in the second row. that means bands reuniting only for wacken, playing their only show in wacken. This must always be the approach for wacken. otherwise the reputation will at least utterly die.
A personal illusion of me is nocte obducta or dornenreich. I know, these would be headliners as well.
I would also like nargaroth, although this might score me off entirely. But I really appreciate Ash and his music despite all the nonsense he said in past..

At the Gates - not bm/dm
Carcass
Ensiferum - not bm/dm
Gorgoroth
Grave
Lord Belial
Nifelheim
Obituary - not bm/dm
Watain

Amon Amarth - ok the older stuff was! :p but then you have to include In Flames as well!!!

Borknagar - depends which album!
Einherjer
Endstille
Enslaved - only their older stuff too
Napalm Death - not bm/dm
Kampfar
Sarke

So erm... hmmmm and Opeth are something all together obscure! Primordial from 08 I will give ya too!

though its all irrelevant we will know in about 3months whats going on lol hopefully before 31st of july ;)

The band issue is becoming more and more a mook point so the orga just need to hurry up an say something... anything, about who else is playing... the viking village is cool etc but doesn't make up for no one knowing who we've payed to see yet! :p