Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
you does'n count... i mean normal people ;)
We want METAL, not tales about fucking dragons and virgins :) adn other shit...
We want to see real hell on stage!!! The orgas before selling tickets, should write, that this will be biggest power metal festival in the place they wrote shit about armaggedon and stuff...

i dont understand, so you only listen to death and black metal?

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
i dont understand, so you only listen to death and black metal?
This was not addressed to me, but I answer anyway. I don't like Power metal, old 80s german metal, etc...
But I don't mind if there are bands of that genre, there are always been some at WOA.

What puzzles me is that they are no extreme headliners this year. Napalm Death, ok... Amon Amarth are a bit melo to me.

Look at 2008, 2007, 2006 : CC, Immortal, Opeth (not as brutal, but I like them), Obituary, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Emperor...
That were great extreme headliners.

This year, there are some black metal, a little of extreme, still 20+ bands to be announced, but absolutely no extreme headliners.

I don't care if there are bands I don't like (even if it pisses me off to have to listen to 2h of pirates metal crap...). But we really miss bands to headline the black stage, like the famous names I gave.

Meetic

20 Apr. 2009
I'm new so I will just say that I believe that the line-up for 2009 is purely awesome !!! Yeah, I'm a retard that listen to classic heavy... So what ??? If you're as smart as you say you are, go sell your tickets (I believe that many Running Wild, or other bands, hardcore fans would kill for it) and go to Hellfest or stop complaining, wait, and see... I think that this line-up was the point of the XX Anniversary: a festival to celebrate metal history...
And, you know, I think that they keep a great Black/Death/whatever you want band in their sleeve, because... They can afford it... They were sold out with only twenty bands out of seventy... There are no clients to get anymore...

Good evening and stay heavy !!!

Jordan

25 März 2009
And, you know, I think that they keep a great Black/Death/whatever you want band in their sleeve, because... They can afford it... They were sold out with only twenty bands out of seventy...
I hope they do. Really. That's why I keep my tickets (plus some other reasons that would take long to explain to a power-metal fan..... ;) )

Waspy

20 Apr. 2009
I'm new so I will just say that I believe that the line-up for 2009 is purely awesome !!! Yeah, I'm a retard that listen to classic heavy... So what ??? If you're as smart as you say you are, go sell your tickets (I believe that many Running Wild, or other bands, hardcore fans would kill for it) and go to Hellfest or stop complaining, wait, and see... I think that this line-up was the point of the XX Anniversary: a festival to celebrate metal history...
And, you know, I think that they keep a great Black/Death/whatever you want band in their sleeve, because... They can afford it... They were sold out with only twenty bands out of seventy... There are no clients to get anymore...

Well said that man!!

but then I'm an ageing metal-head from the 80's making my way to Wacken for the first time due to a mid-life crisis anyway:D

though I have to admit - I'm hoping for some more THRASH to be added to the list! I saw a rumour about Devildriver...that would do nicely!!:cool:

Kiwi28

28 Nov. 2008
sary: a festival to celebrate metal history...

I hope, there will be a really good headliner. And not a Headliner like RW in "Night to Remember"

The Shadow

13 Apr. 2009
OK Slipknot??? Give me a break! How old are you, 15? Running Wild, Heaven and Hell, UFO and Saxon are THE best reasons to go to WOA this year. I wont be there due to financial limitations, but if Accept were to be added as well, I'd probably go to drastic measures to be there! From the posts I've been reading, it seems there's a lot of wet behind the ears wannabe posers complaining here. Grow up and learn a little about metal before you come here and complain.

No mr i'm not 15. My point wasn't about Slipknot but whatever suits for you. Maby you could just do something else more producing instead of acting like the godfather of metal in a forum. Not everyone likes the bands you like and not everyone else are posers except you. So get over it and stop mocking people around. Nuff said