Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
To those who hate this thread, I would say : let us this place of freedom to complain.
As you say, noone forces us to go to WOA, we can sell our ticket, ... So I say : noone forces you to read this thread.
This is a place to express some disappointment, and you can't deny us the right to be disappointed by this german-fans-oriented line-up.

Next year it's gonna be the biggest metal fest in whole Germany :rolleyes:

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
1 DC Band is ok. Last Year Job for a Cowboy. This Year Bring me the Horizon.
And if you want good Deathcore try: As Blood runs Black.

Well JFOC were playing deathcore only on their first album. The second one is pure old school brutal death metal - freakin' awesome.
There are a couple of very talented deathcore bands out there I would love to see: All Shall Perish and Whitechapel. But this BMTH - it's a disgrace even for it's own genre.

This year Wacken should change it's slogan from "Faster. Louder. Harder." to "Older. Cheesier. Softer."

Guallamalla

19 Aug. 2008
Cheydinhal

MartinAU

1 Apr. 2009
Would love to see these acts added to billing -

Kreator
Down
Dark Tranquility
Arch Enemy
Cobalt
Wolves In The Throne Room
Grand Magus
Spiritual Beggars
Electric Wizard
Gojira
Dream Theater
Dimmu Borgir

As well as a few of last years

Opeth
COB
Alestorm
Carcass
Obituary

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

25 März 2009
Would love to see these acts added to billing -

Kreator
Down
Dark Tranquility
Arch Enemy
Cobalt
Wolves In The Throne Room
Grand Magus
Spiritual Beggars
Electric Wizard
Gojira
Dream Theater
Dimmu Borgir

As well as a few of last years

Opeth
COB
Alestorm
Carcass
Obituary
Sorry, those are big acts, and most of them are known outside of Germany. No chance to see them.

(but still hope to be wrong... Gojira would be awesome)

I hope that Wacken will add bands like..

SAVATAGE
WASP
SODOM
DESTRUCTION
SLAYER
MEGADETH
JUDAS PRIEST
MANOWAR
CANDLEMASS
CYNIC
EVERGREY
DREAM THEATER
QUEENSRYCHE
NILE
OVERKILL
NEGURA BUNGET
NECRODEATH
KREATOR
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ATHEIST
PESTILENCE
CANNIBAL CORPSE
MORBID ANGEL

3 or 4 of this name and MAYBE I'll become happy to come this year.. but PLEASE, don't add more power metal and more shit metal.. PLEASE!!!!

ah, and not more VIKING/FOLK.........

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
I hope that Wacken will add bands like..

SAVATAGE
WASP
SODOM
DESTRUCTION
SLAYER
MEGADETH
JUDAS PRIEST
MANOWAR
CANDLEMASS
CYNIC
EVERGREY
DREAM THEATER
QUEENSRYCHE
NILE
OVERKILL
NEGURA BUNGET
NECRODEATH
KREATOR
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ATHEIST
PESTILENCE
CANNIBAL CORPSE
MORBID ANGEL

3 or 4 of this name and MAYBE I'll become happy to come this year.. but PLEASE, don't add more power metal and more shit metal.. PLEASE!!!!

ah, and not more VIKING/FOLK.........
No chance in the world to book any of those bands 3 months ahead.

Master-of-Desaster91

24 Apr. 2007
Freiburg
To those who hate this thread, I would say : let us this place of freedom to complain.
As you say, noone forces us to go to WOA, we can sell our ticket, ... So I say : noone forces you to read this thread.
This is a place to express some disappointment, and you can't deny us the right to be disappointed by this german-fans-oriented line-up.

Next year it's gonna be the biggest metal fest in whole Germany :rolleyes:

Well maybe because Wacken is in Germany ? xD
Just kidding....In fact your right but the hope is the last thing that dies, so just wait...There are more then 25 Bands to be confirmed...
You can still be dissappointed when you know the rest of the bands ! ;)

Jordan

25 März 2009
Ach, hab jetz nix mehr zu motzen :)
Do you mean you have no reason to complain anymore ?

Glad for you. Not my case.

I don't need much thing to consider myself as "ok" with this line-up. A few extreme headliners (Immortal/Emperor/CC/Immolation/Nile, that kind of stuff)

That would make my day, and I would bear with the RW/Saxon/Doro/RammaGay crap-attack...
Well maybe because Wacken is in Germany ? xD
haha ;)
There are more then 25 Bands to be confirmed...
You can still be dissappointed when you know the rest of the bands ! ;)
I have been thinking that for 4 months now... By the way, a full line-up would be appreciated... 100 days left...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Master-of-Desaster91

24 Apr. 2007
Freiburg
Yeah but Bands like Immortal, CC, Emperor, Nile, Arch Enemy, At The Gates etc. just belong to Wacken...

Can't believe that there will be no BM/DM bands like this at wacken...

rhytikus

20 Apr. 2009
I'm missing Death and Black Metal on this year's WOA, but there are 100 days left. Let's have a look "when it's done" :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
maybe wacken has just confirmed some of them months ahead but have waited to put them in the bill page??!!! I hope yes!!!

Considering the fact that I believe in September they said they had 80% of the lineup, it's very likely that any bands listed would have been booked more along the lines of six months ago with exception of the smaller bands.

100 days isn't really a long time. I hope they will all be confirmed by approximatly mid-June or so.

In reality, there really is no reason for the delay or the lame announcements. Not that I have anything highly against the lineup, it's better than anything I've seen in the States and worth the value of the ticket considering a hotel doesn't need to be booked as well. But, it is by comparison to prior years and other festivals in the region, the weakest lineup. "Best of" doesn't seem to fit here at all, perhaps it'd fit on 2007's lineup, but not this one. All false advertising and starting all this hype over announcements is going to do is end up with people very pissed off and Wacken's credibility will be lost. Not to mention it annoys me to the fullest degree they seem to be focusing on those Wacken Rocks shows. Maybe when it's over next month they'll change that focus.

Hopefully the remainder 25-30 bands will be worth it. Sadly the bands I've heard rumors for are ones I'm personally not thrilled about and in my opinion wouldn't even fit Wacken too well. Those bands you would think would be what's missing; black, death, a couple more thrash bands and a couple lesser-known pagan metal bands. I'm just not willing to put money on that becoming reality.

exodus'ler

5 Aug. 2008
i think you should be more patient.
germans should have read some posts about "non-confirmed" bands, where people told about their emails to ics and the answers, like "we'll confirm one of the bands you asked for". so there are serious bands playing for sure, which arent in the billing now.
i know its more speculation, but why shouldn't they wait with the official confirmation to make it more exciting if its sold out? maybe i'm too optimistic, but you should calm down for 1-2 months ;-)