Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

jvoorhees

20 Jan. 2008
Australia
If you like a particular band so much, I'm sure you are not waiting for one festival to fulfill your dreams. I've seen almost every band I wanted to see in my life (in a few weeks i'll be seeing Pestilence!!!!), I don't expect to see every band I like in one festival. What was amazing about Wacken the last year we went, was the absolutely flawless organisation, super sound, nice friendly people... that's why we chose this festival again, without even knowing who's gonna play. And we are a party of 5 coming from Greece, which means plane tickets, and car rental and room rental.

Totally agree... last year was our first Wacken (coming from Australia just for the event) and we're coming back this year. We bought our tix as soon as they went on sale, and still had a chance to sell them before paying for our flights.

Sure, some of the line up isn't the greatest, but theres already 15 bands that I have to see, and another 8 or so that I wouldn't mind checking out. That should keep me plenty busy for the 3 days.

Half the fun is just being there and catching up with people you met before.

I will agree that for a 20th anniversary show, some of the announcements aren't exactly earth shattering, but I still think it will be a very good event. Though I am crossing fingers for some more death, black and thrash to be added, hopefully in the last batch :D

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Yes we are.. last year around 300 mexican metalheads went to wacken (me included), and we do not mind having paid 1250 usd (around 1000 euros) for airfare plus travel expenses.. most of them (me included) have bought ticket for this year, thinking would be a HUGE metal celebration... we're disappointed.

Perhaps you say, sell the ticket.. but that is not the problem. The problem is the flight ticket, many of us, bought the flight ticket few months ago (to save around 30% in the airfare) and as you know, the flight tickets are not refundable. :(

Understandable. I'm sorry for you....so will again be a group of 300 people?

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
I´m disapointed of the Headliner. I thought, that there will be AC/DC, Manowar, Rammstein or any other big announcment... But RW, WTF ? I asked many people and they said:"Who is that ?" I don´t pay 100€ for ... for Bands that have been there 3,4,5 and more Years before this Wacken .... A BIG - to Orga!

You are officially an idiot. Are you seriously sitting here bitching because Running Wild (a band that has been respected throughout the metal community for 30 fucking years now. Btw, whether your Rammstein-loving friends have heard of them or not is about as relevant as a Bullet for my valentine or Britney Spears fan not knowing who they are...ie. fucking irrelevant) was chosen over Rammstein who are by no means even a metal band? This may come as a "shock" to you, but RW has been one of the more respected German heavy metal bands over the years and to actually be able to see them in their last show before they call it quits is fucking awesome as far as myself and many others are concerned. To act like they are "nobodies" is just plain ignorant. Go ahead and dislike Running Wild all you want, just don't be so fucking clueless about it. I'd sure as hell be happy if they added more extreme bands as that is more my cup of tea, but RW is still a great band and its idiotic to ignore the significance of their presence at Wacken for their last gig ever.

While Manowar would obviously have a legitimate place at Wacken's anniversary I don't see how they are somehow inherently superior to RW. Why, because they are more well known outside the metal community? As for AC/DC and Rammstein neither of these bands are metal bands, neither of them have anything to do with Wacken.

The Shadow

13 Apr. 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bring fucking Gojira, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, Devildriver, Evergrey, Symphony X, Dream Theater, The Haunted, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Lamb of God, Slipknot.Oh and Bloodbath

You've been owned by most other festivals in Europe

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

defY

W:O:A Metalhead
23 Juni 2008
Vogtland
You are officially an idiot. Are you seriously sitting here bitching because Running Wild (a band that has been respected throughout the metal community for 30 fucking years now. Btw, whether your Rammstein-loving friends have heard of them or not is about as relevant as a Bullet for my valentine or Britney Spears fan not knowing who they are...ie. fucking irrelevant) was chosen over Rammstein who are by no means even a metal band? This may come as a "shock" to you, but RW has been one of the more respected German heavy metal bands over the years and to actually be able to see them in their last show before they call it quits is fucking awesome as far as myself and many others are concerned. To act like they are "nobodies" is just plain ignorant. Go ahead and dislike Running Wild all you want, just don't be so fucking clueless about it. I'd sure as hell be happy if they added more extreme bands as that is more my cup of tea, but RW is still a great band and its idiotic to ignore the significance of their presence at Wacken for their last gig ever.

While Manowar would obviously have a legitimate place at Wacken's anniversary I don't see how they are somehow inherently superior to RW. Why, because they are more well known outside the metal community? As for AC/DC and Rammstein neither of these bands are metal bands, neither of them have anything to do with Wacken.

Just thank you!

Absolutely sign! Most of the so called "fans" doesn't really know, what the 20th anniversary is about. In my oppinion, the billing is right now everything what it should be, only some extreme bands are missing, but that shouldn't be such a big problem for the organisators.

eldarvyper

19 Apr. 2009
come on

i mean seriously i bought a wacken ticket last year and had a wicked time, i bought one this time thinking of the same thing seeing as it is the 20th anniversary, machine head and a few others announced looking good, expecting a few crazy headliners, however running wild is just unbelievable, i don't want to see them headline and im sure a large number of hardcore fans wont be able to see their last show due to the sell out, this is crazy. give the hardcore fans a chance to see the legends that are running wild. and give me and a large number of a the wacken crowd a headliner that isnt a purely huge german band and someone who will suprise us and make the 20th anniversary something special. to the wacken crowd opeth will be bigger than RW and opeth didnt headline. this is extremely dissapointing considering the graspop lineup and im sure a large number of people would rather being going there than this pathetic excuse for a wacken 20th anniversary lineup.
SORT IT OUT

Gore(PT)

10 März 2008
I find it funny when i read "don't like it, sell your ticket", well news flash, we can't, it's not that easy because pretty much everyone knows how this wacken line-up is screwed that most ppl don't want to buy it.

This time they really screwed it up, ppl are really disapointed with them and i hardly think they will remain with their status of being considered one of the biggest metal shows and/or even having a sellout so soon as they did this time, not because of the line-up that many ppl aren't liking, but for the lack of consideration/information/sincerity towards us, we are the clients after all and wacken is a service that we bought, we may be metalheads but not a bunch of retards to scam some money off, ffs keeping us in the shadows of doubt for so long, there's less than 3months left and still the line-up isn't complete and they take so damn long to even let us know about anything at all. And where's the headliner?! Running wild? Is that another top act or the Headliner? FFS tell us something, finish the damn line-up already.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Gore(PT)

10 März 2008
And tbh i don't care if it's Running wild headlining, just stop with the damn power/heavy metal bands already and bring us extreme bands, death metal bands in my case would be more than welcome.

DSP

17 Apr. 2008
מot because of the line-up that many ppl aren't liking, but for the lack of consideration/information/sincerity towards us, we are the clients after all and wacken is a service that we bought, we may be metalheads but not a bunch of retards to scam some money off, ffs keeping us in the shadows of doubt for so long, there's less than 3months left and still the line-up isn't complete and they take so damn long to even let us know about anything at all. And where's the headliner?! Running wild? Is that another top act or the Headliner? FFS tell us something, finish the damn line-up already.

totally right, can't agree more.

Volucria

4 Feb. 2009
this is extremely dissapointing considering the graspop lineup and im sure a large number of people would rather being going there than this pathetic excuse for a wacken 20th anniversary lineup.
SORT IT OUT

You're joking, right?

Graspop's lineup has a few good bands, yes, but they're completely overruled by suckers like Korn, Slipknot, Nightwish and Marilyn Manson headlining. It's a fucking disgrace for Mötley Crüe and Heaven & Hell (Friday's headline) to be playing next to... that. Especially if you know that last year's GMM headlines were Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and KISS.

I live 30 minutes away from GMM, about 6-7 hours away from WOA. I'm staying as far away from GMM as I can, but I'm damn happy I got a WOA ticket before they were sold out. Even if not every band is good, there's plenty to do around there, and there are still some 30 bands to be announced so there may still be nice surprises ahead.

My boyfriend has gone to 13 editions of Graspop (FYI, that's every official Graspop up to now). This year, he's going to WOA and not to GMM for the first time. When he heard that Taake would be performing, he went to see the billing immediately. When he found them in almost illegibly small print in the bottom left corner, he started laughing out loud.

The Shadow

13 Apr. 2009
You're joking, right?

Graspop's lineup has a few good bands, yes, but they're completely overruled by suckers like Korn, Slipknot, Nightwish and Marilyn Manson headlining. It's a fucking disgrace for Mötley Crüe and Heaven & Hell (Friday's headline) to be playing next to... that. Especially if you know that last year's GMM headlines were Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and KISS.

QUOTE]

I surely prefare Slipknot rather that Running Wild or Heaven an Hell or UFO or Saxon or Doro. What's next? Accept, Angelwitch and Warlock?

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
You're joking, right?

QUOTE]

I surely prefare Slipknot rather that Running Wild or Heaven an Hell or UFO or Saxon or Doro

:eek::eek: