NEED SOME UPDATES HERE!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

crushez

27 Mai 2008
The release of some of those ruomored bands would rly make my day. Edguy, Eluveitie and Running Wild.

Loco

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Apr. 2009
The Netherlands
josepozo.com
apparently there will be an announcement on friday 17th, and whoever it is, its their last show forever. any ideas who??:rolleyes:

Very difficult... they say it is a top-act. I think it might be Van Halen.

I posted this in another thread:

Van Halen, and I have my reasons:

1. They wrote : "Dieser Act wird auf dem W:O:A 2009 seine "LAST SHOW FOREVER" spielen !!! ", but they wrote "LAST SHOW FOREVER" in English, not in German. That makes me think that this is the name of the tour.

2. In the wikipedia of Van Halen it says about their last tour: "The tour ended on June 2, 2008 at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI. During the show Roth stated multiple times that this would not be their final show and that they would "see everyone next time." "

3. Van Halen is starting a tour next Fall. If you google Van Halen Tour 2009, you will find this: "The big news for Van Halen fans is the upcoming tour with original frontman David Lee Roth. The Van Halen reunion tour kicks off this fall and Van Halen tickets are now available for all shows."

Any other ideas?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Could the big name be Emperor again? I don't think they've clarified they're done yet and quite frankly I want to see them before they go, I hope I'm not too late.

I won't mind hard rock coming to Wacken, but I prefer metal all the way.

Why do they have to announce the band on a work day, especially one I'm going to be up all night the night before for Iron Maiden's movie. It's a premier showing.

Loco

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Apr. 2009
The Netherlands
josepozo.com
Could the big name be Emperor again? I don't think they've clarified they're done yet and quite frankly I want to see them before they go, I hope I'm not too late.

I won't mind hard rock coming to Wacken, but I prefer metal all the way.

Why do they have to announce the band on a work day, especially one I'm going to be up all night the night before for Iron Maiden's movie. It's a premier showing.

Nice one, and you can be right. Actually, Emperor is about to release a double DVD called "Live Inferno", next Thursday. The first DVD is called "Inferno", and the second DVD is called... "Wacken". It would be a great promo for their DVD to have a reunion gig at WOA.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
It's going to be Voivod.

"VOIVOD have set "Infini" as the title of their final album, due in North America on June 16 via Relapse Records and Germany on June 12 through Nuclear Blast (the rest of Europe is expected to receive the CD on June 15).
The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. God Phones
02. From The Cave
03. Earthache
04. Global Warning
05. A Room With A V.U
06. Destroy After Reading
07. Treasure Chase
08. Krap Radio
09. In Orbit
10. Deathproof
11. Pyramidome
12. Morpheus
13. Volcano

Total running time: 57:57

They are also playing a heap of live shows...with Dan Mongrain as Piggy's replacement on guitar..

J U N E
Thu 05.06.09 Sweden Rock, Sweden
Fri 12.06.09 Download, Donington, UK
Sat 13.06.09 Waldrock, Wâlden, Netherlands
Fri 19.06.09 Hellfest, Clisson, France.
Tue 23.06.09 Petőfi Csarnok, Budapest, Hungary with Down
Fri 26.06.09 Bang Your Head, Balingen, Messegelände, Southern Germany
Sat 27.06.09 Gods of Metal, Arena Park Nord, Bologna, Italy.
Mon 29.06.09 Rockwave, Athens, Greece

J U L Y
Fri 03.07.09 Woodstock en Beauce, QC
Sat 04.07.09 Jonquiere, QC
Fri 11.07.09 Knock Out, Krakow, Poland
Sun 12.07.09 Masters of Rock, Vizovice, Czech Republic
Sat 25.07.09 Lorca Rock, Lorca, Spain

A U G U S T
Fri 14.08.09 Jalometalli Metal Music Festival, Club Teatria, Oulu, Finland.
Sat 15.08.09 Summer Breeze, Germany.
Fri 28.08.09 Hole In The Sky, USF, Norway."

I don't think Voivod can be qualified as a top-act by any standards, but we can add it to the "possible" list, so far we have:

Emperor
Voivod
Van Halen
Running Wild
Accept
Led Zeppelin

Yes i agree... I like Voivod a lot, (in fact is into my wish list below), Voivod MUST BE in the billing, but not like "Top Act"

I like also Running Wild but neither for "Top Act".

Top Act to me, means bands like Manowar, Van Halen, Kiss, something like that.

Zeppelin?? would be killer, but i think... is a dream... almost impossible, After the London concert in 2007, Robert Plant don't want more gigs....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
My W:O:A 2009 Request:
Venom ,Tankard, Pestilence (reunion), Wehrmacht (reunion) Voivod, Artillery
Arkona, Thyrfing, Equilibrium, Manegarm, Cor Scorpii
Unleashed, Vader, Hail of Bullets, Arch Enemy, Carpathian Forest

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Nice one, and you can be right. Actually, Emperor is about to release a double DVD called "Live Inferno", next Thursday. The first DVD is called "Inferno", and the second DVD is called... "Wacken". It would be a great promo for their DVD to have a reunion gig at WOA.

That would be a great promo. I'm surprised there's even a chance at being right I just took a wild random guess.

Remember, they considered Machine Head a "Top Act". Which means by top act they could mean literally any band that is widely known. Sad, but true.

Could the big name be Emperor again? I don't think they've clarified they're done yet and quite frankly I want to see them before they go, I hope I'm not too late. .

Yes could be Emperor (for the black metal stage top act).. I like them.. but i prefer VENOM, for some people (me included), Venom are the father of black metal, and a huge influence for the norwegian black metal bands....

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Yes could be Emperor (for the black metal stage top act).. I like them.. but i prefer VENOM, for some people (me included), Venom are the father of black metal, and a huge influence for the norwegian black metal bands....

Venom is one of those bands I've been meaning to check out for years but haven't gotten around to it quite yet. I've kind of neglected much of the black metal genre to a degree, partially because the whole "Hail Satan" obsession kind of annoys me a bit.