Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Ok, I'll make it simple:
1)There are other metal genres beside heavy metal.
2)Wacken orga is obsessed with heavy metal, but usually they do bill bands from other genres.
3)But not this year.
4)This is very disappointing.
5)Most of my friends canceled their trip to Wacken because of shitty line-up.
6)I couldn't because of not refundable plane ticket.

Ah, ok. Thanks my dear:D

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Ok, I'll make it simple:
1)There are other metal genres beside heavy metal.
2)Wacken orga is obsessed with heavy metal, but usually they do bill bands from other genres.

I'm not sure I understand...since they don't seem to have booked more traditional heavy metal bands than usual this year. Saxon, Doro, Heaven & Hell, UFO, Axel Rudi Pell, Motorhead that isn't exactly a lot more than usual, and I'm not sure that's what most think is wrong with the lineup really. Plus it is the 20th anniversary at it seems fitting that some of those bands be there. There's definitely a lot worse on there right now.

peter82

29 Apr. 2006
Pijnacker, NL
www.fromtheashes.nl
Alright, I've been following all the line-up threads for a while, but I'd like to offer my two cents now :p.

To me, the billing so far isn't all that bad actually. With what I'm guessing is about half the line-up complete, there are already a good 15 bands that I'd like to see. I can understand that people question bands like BfmV and Lacuna Coil, but I don't mind some diversity and if nothing else, it means that there 'll be some bands that my girlfriend likes as well :D!

What I don't get, is why Callejon seems to be playing pretty much every larger metal festival this summer :confused:. I suppose some one at Nuclear Blast really wants them to get huge :eek:.

I am more worried about the way things are going: it used to be that Wacken was one of the first festivals to have their line-up complete. This year, Wacken is lagging far behind and will be one of the last. Besides that, there is the 'huge' announcement that was made last week. It has me fearing that the W:O:A orga is losing touch with the fans. I hope I'm getting this wrong, but it reminds me of the way the Dutch Dynamo festival was headed in its last years.

Of course I'm hoping for more band confirmations soon, and I am definitely curious to see how things will evolve. But other thatn that, I must say I am 100% confident Wacken Open Air will be an amazing event yet again!

Jordan

25 März 2009
To me, the billing so far isn't all that bad actually. With what I'm guessing is about half the line-up complete, there are already a good 15 bands that I'd like to see.
"all that bad" is exactly the point. Where's the fucking crazyness of the world biggest metal festival's 20th anniversary ???
I am more worried about the way things are going: it used to be that Wacken was one of the first festivals to have their line-up complete.
good point too.
seems like this Wacken Rocks bullshit made the orga lose their mind.

Jordan

25 März 2009
can someone translate it in English please??!!
I don't really speak german but what I understand is that on friday 17 they will announce the next "top act" for WOA, and that this act will be playing their "last show forever". (this is supposed to be a hint to guess who they are)

if it's Running Wild as rumored, or any other power metal band, I will definitively create my own t-shirt brand named "WOA SUCKS". I have plenty ideas of slogans for it

losTyy

25 Aug. 2008
This means that the orgas will announce a top act on Friday, which plays it last show on wacken

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
I'm going to bet some $$$ it's going to be Voivod. Here's why:

"VOIVOD have set "Infini" as the title of their final album, due in North America on June 16 via Relapse Records and Germany on June 12 through Nuclear Blast (the rest of Europe is expected to receive the CD on June 15).
The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. God Phones
02. From The Cave
03. Earthache
04. Global Warning
05. A Room With A V.U
06. Destroy After Reading
07. Treasure Chase
08. Krap Radio
09. In Orbit
10. Deathproof
11. Pyramidome
12. Morpheus
13. Volcano

Total running time: 57:57

J U N E
Thu 05.06.09 Sweden Rock, Sweden
Fri 12.06.09 Download, Donington, UK
Sat 13.06.09 Waldrock, Wâlden, Netherlands
Fri 19.06.09 Hellfest, Clisson, France.
Tue 23.06.09 Petőfi Csarnok, Budapest, Hungary with Down
Fri 26.06.09 Bang Your Head, Balingen, Messegelände, Southern Germany
Sat 27.06.09 Gods of Metal, Arena Park Nord, Bologna, Italy.
Mon 29.06.09 Rockwave, Athens, Greece

J U L Y
Fri 03.07.09 Woodstock en Beauce, QC
Sat 04.07.09 Jonquiere, QC
Fri 11.07.09 Knock Out, Krakow, Poland
Sun 12.07.09 Masters of Rock, Vizovice, Czech Republic
Sat 25.07.09 Lorca Rock, Lorca, Spain

A U G U S T
Fri 14.08.09 Jalometalli Metal Music Festival, Club Teatria, Oulu, Finland.
Sat 15.08.09 Summer Breeze, Germany.
Fri 28.08.09 Hole In The Sky, USF, Norway."