W:O:A 2009 - Further Bands confirmed!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
9 März 2009
I would say, you have to wait... There will be a very Big Headliner this year...Just wait and trust Wacken
Why would I trust them after dissapointing time and again? Seriously..

Also, a "big headliner" wont do much for me, as I'm going to wacken to see some extreme metal, which the bill is severely lacking, and obviously not getting much of..

Seriously.. There's NO death metal on the bill yet

splatterhouse

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Apr. 2008
Motala, Sweden

Also, a "big headliner" wont do much for me, as I'm going to wacken to see some extreme metal, which the bill is severely lacking, and obviously not getting much of..

Thats why I have been going to Wacken 5 times already. Because they have always had great deathmetalbands and even some decent thrash and black. Now we have 0 deathbands and 1 black (Endstille, but I rather have Immortal or something more interesting). I do hope Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Pestilence and Jungle Rot will be confirmed. But I doubt it :(
Wacken have fucked up big time this year.

Kiwi28

28 Nov. 2008

We have to wait...:o:o I trust in the orga...

darkzip

8 Apr. 2009
Belgium
I don't know why guys are screaming bloody murder about this all. OK i have to admit that I don't like some of the bands either but who does? What you guys do need to understand is that we are at onle 43 bands. Last year Wacken had around 70, that means that in the next 100 days they still have around 30 bands they have to announce.

And I am guessing that those last 30 bands will be worth the wait.

Kiwi28

28 Nov. 2008
I don't know why guys are screaming bloody murder about this all. OK i have to admit that I don't like some of the bands either but who does? What you guys do need to understand is that we are at onle 43 bands. Last year Wacken had around 70, that means that in the next 100 days they still have around 30 bands they have to announce.

10 of the 30 Bands will be worth ... xD

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal

What you are failing to realize is that some of us must pay for flights & bus, reserve accommodations, take vacations from work. All this is done with months in advance, and those months passed already!

If we are going to pay big bucks for a festival, at least make it worth it! I bet that if everyone had a choice, they would surely change their reservations/vacations to other fests that grant more value in quality vs price!

And right now I don't really care if there are another 30 bands to be announced. What I see is that this year there are festivals with line-up's absolutely amazing, putting Wacken to shame! And for less money!!

In short:

- why is the Orga despising Death, Black, Doom and Thrash?
- where are the major bands? I see them in other fests, in Wacken I see mostly shitty ones;
- the ticket price was raised to 130€ and the line-up is surprisingly POOR when compared to other years, when it was cheaper. How can that be explained?
- It's April and there's still only ONE headliner.
- last but not the least: lack of communication.

:rolleyes:

Tony67

11 Feb. 2009
Elsass , France
the ticket price was raised to 130€ and the line-up is surprisingly POOR when compared to other years, when it was cheaper. How can that be explained?

Don't you think it's because of all these warm-up festivals (Wacken rocks) ?
I do think that they should fully concentrate on the real Wacken and leave all these things , or at least keep only one of them like in 2008..

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Don't you think it's because of all these warm-up festivals (Wacken rocks) ?
I do think that they should fully concentrate on the real Wacken and leave all these things , or at least keep only one of them like in 2008..

I agree somewhat that it appears to have diluted the main festival. Theres quite a few good bands on the bill but nothing outstanding. There certainly is a lack of Extreme Metal that needs to be filled..although there is more than one BM band on the bill if you take it in a sense that isn't narrowminded. But a couple of bigger BM bands and DM bands and I think, for my taste, the bill would look much more palatable.

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Oh, and about those 30 bands yet to announce: don't expect anything good.

The festival is sold out so there is no reason for this delay.

And more, they clearly know we are unhappy! If they had anything, anything at all, they would be making a big fucking hype of it, they would come here and say "calm day, the best is yet to come!".

But no, they don't say a thing because they have nothing, not a single major band! If the had someone in the likes of Blind Guardian or another big band, they would have announce it already to calm us down and to keep people from selling their tickets...

NemesisMLT

18 Juni 2008
Malta
Wacken-News

I seriously hope that the last 25 or so bands are going to include awesome names like

Arch Enemy
Megadeth
Dimmu Borgir
Immortal
Slayer
Judas Priest
Dying Fetus

Fine there are some of my favourite bands which I'm eager to watch (namely In Flames, Korpiklaani and Amon Amarth)

but dude... BMFV and BMTH ???!!? that is just so wrong for an awesome festival like Wacken

Please consider what your doing Wacken Team, because as of this year I think I speak for everyone when I say that you already lost thousands of fans!!!

because if not, then honestly this is my last trip to WOA !

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

25 März 2009
"But we are not chasing after records — we 'only' want to create a great festival for you and are working on it since more than 20 years now and standing in responsibility and duty for the best fans in the world! We thank you all for your amazing support and loyalty!"
A few months after, this declaration tastes quite bad... What happened ?

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
he Wacken Rocks thing may be a factor. I wonder if some of the bands appearing in Wacken Rocks events are scheduled to be at Wacken, but they won't announce until more Wacken Rocks tickets are sold?