Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

carburetor

W:O:A Metalhead
1 Mai 2006
Norway
These are some of the great bands that are either touring this summer in Europe/Festivals and/or have new albums out, why are they not at Wacken???

Tankard
Candlemass
Grave Digger
Unleashed
Death Angel
Alestorm (why not again!)
Destruction
Equilibrium
Vader
Entombed
Mastodon

there is no question in my mind that if some of these bands were confirmed, a lot of people here would be very happy. Also how much does it really cost to bring some of these bands to Wacken? I really doubt that it's very much and the extra 30 euros from 70.000 tickets sold should easily cover it....

+ municipal waste

Jordan

25 März 2009

Archtur

2 Jan. 2003
www.sci.fi
good good, but I heard Brutal Truth, Aborted or Immolation were touring as well... but am I stupid, Wacken is a small fest, they can't afford bands like Immolation, huh ?............. :rolleyes:

Actually Immolation tried to get to Wacken 2007, but they were not wanted there for some reason. Instead they played several fests like Brutal Assault, Party San.. I asked them about that Wacken thing at Party San when they were there. They did a killer show

Snake2a

16 Juni 2008
Why is nobody mentioning requests for bands such like Cradle of Filth, Legion of the Damned, Dimmu Borgir or Obituary? I mean they are fucking great. Especially on stage (can't say that for sure about CoF oder Dimmu, haven't seen them live yet..).
But I still hope for more Thrash bands...

Jordan

25 März 2009
Why is nobody mentioning requests for bands such like Cradle of Filth, Legion of the Damned, Dimmu Borgir or Obituary? I mean they are fucking great. Especially on stage (can't say that for sure about CoF oder Dimmu, haven't seen them live yet..).
Obituary would make my day !!
But this is what I call a major act, and it seems the policy this year is not to have major acts on the bill.
(sarcasm inside !)

Archtur

2 Jan. 2003
www.sci.fi

Obituary was there last year, Dimmu was 2007 and LOTD was 2006 and Cradle Of Filth was 8-9 years ago...

Snake2a

16 Juni 2008
Obituary was there last year, Dimmu was 2007 and LOTD was 2006 and Cradle Of Filth was 8-9 years ago...

I have no idea what's your point (xD) but some of these bands would really rank up the billing. Ok, Slayer is still a dream, but why not? And what about Satyricon? I mean it's damn 20th anniversary. Yeah there are really good bands coming this year. And I'm not complaining, I really like the line up. But still a "major act" is missing, so are Thrash and Black Metal bands...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
I have no idea what's your point (xD) but some of these bands would really rank up the billing. Ok, Slayer is still a dream, but why not? And what about Satyricon? I mean it's damn 20th anniversary. Yeah there are really good bands coming this year. And I'm not complaining, I really like the line up. But still a "major act" is missing, so are Thrash and Black Metal bands...
Satyricon won't play at Wacken ever again - they had a huge fight with orga back at 2004.
BTW, I saw Obituary two times already and I'm sorry - pretty poor performance. And Dimmu Borgir just freaking boring on stage.