NEED SOME UPDATES HERE!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

VENO

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
I don't plan to come back to Wacken and I'm still considering about going to this one, if this bullshit continues... I'm über pissed off with this...

jvoorhees

20 Jan. 2008
Australia
Very disappointed with this announcement. There's a few bands on there I don't mind seeing, but this is not the 'huge' announcement I was expecting.

Surely the organisers realise that a lot of people are not happy and to post a list that even a thread on last.fm had parts of a few weeks back is just plain poor.

There are still bands on the bill which we want to see (and it's too late to change our travel plans now anyway), but to me, this is definitely NOT a 20th anniversary show.

Loco

7 Apr. 2009
The Netherlands
josepozo.com
I guess we're all going to be in the beergarden a lot..

lol You are right, it's better to laugh. I can't believe I bought my tickets in August thinking that this will be the best festival of 2009, the great 20th Anniversary and now I see that it is miles away from Hellfest, Graspop or Metalway.

We all had very high expectations this year and I'm sure that the organizers tried to fulfill those expectations. For instance, when in October they were organizing those Wacken-Metallica parties, people thought that it was no longer a secret that Metallica was going to be in Wacken this summer. Something wrong is going on with Wacken when Metallica refuses to be the headliner.

It looks to me that the big bands are saying no to Wacken this year since they want to finish their Europeans summer tours in early July and then continue in the USA for the rest of the summer.

Instead of keeping raising our expectations with deadlines like the one they told us for yesterday 6pm, I think what the WOA organizers should do is giving us the information we deserve. WE KNOW THEY TRIED TO BRING THE BEST BANDS TO WACKEN! Just tell us: we tried to bring Metallica, AC/DC, Kiss,... but they preferred to go to other festivals for the following reasons:.... next year we'll try to do better.

In any case, I feel for the WOA festival, I don't think they can recover from this. Personally, I love WOA and I will be in Wacken this summer, and the next, and the next... with Odin on my side.

(this is my first post, hi everybody!)

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
lol You are right, it's better to laugh. I can't believe I bought my tickets in August thinking that this will be the best festival of 2009, the great 20th Anniversary and now I see that it is miles away from Hellfest, Graspop or Metalway.

We all had very high expectations this year and I'm sure that the organizers tried to fulfill those expectations. For instance, when in October they were organizing those Wacken-Metallica parties, people thought that it was no longer a secret that Metallica was going to be in Wacken this summer. Something wrong is going on with Wacken when Metallica refuses to be the headliner.

It looks to me that the big bands are saying no to Wacken this year since they want to finish their Europeans summer tours in early July and then continue in the USA for the rest of the summer.

Instead of keeping raising our expectations with deadlines like the one they told us for yesterday 6pm, I think what the WOA organizers should do is giving us the information we deserve. WE KNOW THEY TRIED TO BRING THE BEST BANDS TO WACKEN! Just tell us: we tried to bring Metallica, AC/DC, Kiss,... but they preferred to go to other festivals for the following reasons:.... next year we'll try to do better.

In any case, I feel for the WOA festival, I don't think they can recover from this. Personally, I love WOA and I will be in Wacken this summer, and the next, and the next... with Odin on my side.

(this is my first post, hi everybody!)

welcome on the forum ;)

Well I've been coming to wacken for many years now, but I actually think Every year it's become less nice...
So I'm afraid this will my last year.

And I don't mean just the line-up... also the amount of people.. and the "kind" of people that are coming...
to much "regular" party people.. and to little real metalheads...

Mikki

21 Okt. 2008
Plymouth, UK
What makes you say that, I haven't read anything on their website about it? They aren't booked for the Wacken days yet despite the fact that they have dates surrounding those dates.

Myspace messaging. :p

Works a treat.

Entombed maybe appearing next year too.

If this year fails, it looks like next year will be brilliant.

Motörphetamine

22 März 2006
Brighton, UK
Hmmmmm, the thing that really upsets me now, isn't the fact that the announcement is shit, but there's no appollogy, or reason they didn't release the list last night. I last checked at 3am German time and still nothing. And they put it on the site as if it was released on time "06-04-09 18:00: W:O:A 2009 - Weitere Bands bestätigt!"

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hmmmmm, the thing that really upsets me now, isn't the fact that the announcement is shit, but there's no appollogy, or reason they didn't release the list last night. I last checked at 3am German time and still nothing. And they put it on the site as if it was released on time "06-04-09 18:00: W:O:A 2009 - Weitere Bands bestätigt!"

yeah bunch of slackers...