Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TheSeventhOne

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Dez. 2005
Buckinghamshire, UK
Me: You could at least announce the bands that have already self-confirmed though! (Gamma Ray, Bring Me The Horizon etc)

Kai: so keep it announced for yourself! they ll perform at WOA!

Me: But it's nice to see things officially confirmed. Are you planning to announce the rest of the bands at the same time or something? All of them in one announcement?

Kai: a whole bunch of it! thats for sure!

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
Any reasons for what ? didn't understand what you meant ....
the only thing that matters to me at the moment is to know when the fucking whole line up will be revealed, or at least most of it .

Jordan

25 März 2009
the only thing that matters to me at the moment is to know when the fucking whole line up will be revealed, or at least most of it .

I guess the question was "why didn't they already announce the line-up" or "why don't they give a date for full line-up announcement" or "why don't they communicate more" or "why is there so few major acts announced" (major acts are often announce earlier since those bands are quite busy, they don't plan their shows at the last minute)

or, more personnaly, "why do I feel WOA 2009 will be a total failure ?"

Volucria

4 Feb. 2009
It might be a bit of a consolation that the Graspop billing looks much more terrible. It's supposed to be Belgium's biggest metal fest, and who's headlining? Korn, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson and Nightwish. (Not counting Mötley Crüe because they're nice.) Somehow they convinced Taake to play... as the very first band, somewhere around noon on fucking Friday.

I have to drive over 600km to come to Wacken (GMM is 30 minutes away from my house). Maybe the line-up isn't perfect so far, but at least you can drink spirits and have a BBQ there, and the line-up is still better than Graspop's.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Because your crystal ball told you the future? :confused:
maybe.

or maybe because we are already in april, and because in the previous date the full line-up was already revealed by that time ? (especially major acts)

or maybe I think it's quite challenging to book major bands only 4 months before the D-day ?

or maybe because I'm wrong, which I clearly hope to be the right explanation.

MartinAU

1 Apr. 2009
I am travelling from Australia, this will be my first WOA. I try to keep reassuring myself that all this waiting will pay off. Admittedly there are some great bands on the bill and some not so great but for the high reputation WOA carries worldwide, I expected alot more by now.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
I am travelling from Australia, this will be my first WOA. I try to keep reassuring myself that all this waiting will pay off. Admittedly there are some great bands on the bill and some not so great but for the high reputation WOA carries worldwide, I expected alot more by now.

I'm sure you will get a great show mate and it will deffo be worth it in the end :cool:

i've gone over from the UK a few times an i'm yet to regret it once. They can't pleasse everyone an they do the best they can, the line up is pretty good though so far, an 30+ more bands to come I'm sure it'l be something special ;)

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008

I was just wondering why they want to announce them all during a short period. They have bands to confirm, we know them, why don't they announce them?

or maybe because we are already in april, and because in the previous date the full line-up was already revealed by that time ? (especially major acts)

I'm pretty sure we actually know all the major acts, buddy.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
I'm sure you will get a great show mate and it will deffo be worth it in the end :cool:

i've gone over from the UK a few times an i'm yet to regret it once. They can't pleasse everyone an they do the best they can, the line up is pretty good though so far, an 30+ more bands to come I'm sure it'l be something special ;)

Of course you can't please everyone, but when it comes to celebrate the 20th anniversary and considering the ticket price increase, what do we get more than in the past years ?? NOTHING !!
of course, most these bands taken seperatly are nice, but I'm sorry, still it is a pussy line up justifiying neither the price nor the 20 th anniversary, we've had most of these bands in last 3 editions, so it is a combination between 2005,2006,2007 ...Amon Amarth is like COB, playing every 2 years, so as In Extremo, In Flames etc etc etc ...
It's not what I have been looking for when I spent my 130 € .
I really hope that the orga will make me wrong, but as time passes by, I Doubt it ...

Jordan

25 März 2009
I'm pretty sure we actually know all the major acts, buddy.
and that makes me really sad, but since I've been whining for 3 pages now, I don't need to complain again...

ok, I will still whine a little bit : oh, please give the full line-up as soon as possible, I am terribly impatient to know the 30+ filling bands that are missing.

and manowar & saxon confirmed, please, so that I get a real good reason to get drunk during the fest :p

:rolleyes: