Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MasaTheSlayer

14 Jan. 2009
Im also bit annoyed.
There is only 3 bands that i havent ever seen live and maybe 3 more bands that im really interested. I dont know but really seems like band selection goes down and prices go up from year to year.
And it is also 20 Anaversity so where is those special bands or good bans?!!? at Hellfest? :confused:

Napalm Death, In Flames, Kampfar and Turisas was on 2007
Amon Amarth, Mötorhead, In Extremo, Korpiklaani was on 2006

:mad:

Come on! Theres more REALLY great bands in the world.

I really hope wacken organizators have some aces on the sleeve or this will be worst wacken on years... band wise that is.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Im a huge fan of the entire wacken festival and every year ive been there ive almost nearly had no time where im not off to see a band, but this year it seems to me so far that it won't happen this year as ive only seen a few bands that interest me.

What happened to the awesome line ups we've been having the last couple of years? just last year i had about 15 bands i wanted to see around this time.

Jeg er ledsen, men Wacken er ikke hva det var. Kanskje gjorde du at det er ingen verklingen Top-Act dette året?

(Förlåt ifall min Norske är skit. Det kommer därifrån, at jag talar Svenska i vanligen fall ;) Men jag försöker at tala Norske, förstår du liten Svenska?)

woa-klappstuhl

12 Apr. 2004
POYENBERG
Website besuchen
We are group of approximately 50 people, huge Wacken fans. I'm personally a Wacken resident since 2002. But this year something happened to the organization of the fest. It's freaking 20th anniversary and yet I see almost no major acts, very few interesting bands!
It's like "we already sold out, so we can bring any crappy bands we want - they'll buy it" attitude. People are already willing to sell their Wacken tickets on the web in order to go to another festivals: Metal camp, Summer breeze, Hellfest. What is wrong with you, people? Are you trying intentionally to get rid of the fans and kill this legend called Wacken?
Think fast because you have bunch of pissed off customers over here.

Bullshit! :o

Hail & Grill

4 Aug. 2008
Metallien/Provinz Power
Sorry buddy, but I'm not able to find words that could describe this sacrilege...the organisation has to be full of misanthropists.
Many Metalheads have misantropic tendencies, which is no wonder when looking at this world.
But it´s a completely different thing to express this in "fuck off" hate/contemptuous style and show humanity it´s ugly face OR cry writhing in emo-pain.

I prefer the contemptuos style.

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
You forgot Kingdom of Sorrow. I don't think the genre Sludge catches the Music of Kingdom of Sorrow. Hardcore is a better description for that. And to compare Tracedawn with Callejon and BFMV is a bit disgusting... But i think there are also good Hardcore/Metal Bands but mostly not confimed on Wacken ;)
Well, KoS is kinda combination between sludge and HC (Down and Hatebreed after all). I would love to see some more HC acts at Wacken as reunited Biohazard and Madball.

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
hmm.

i think you don't understand what i say.

i am not warrior of trv metal. i just not accept that metal is going to strange, Core way.

of course that some fests have better line up. but i go to wacken. and in comparison to last years this billing is really shity.

i am from poland and there the meaning of "metal" is mucz more brutal than in europe. maybe we are not understanding, but in my opinion there is too much nu-bands and too less oldschool. and if you are happy to see core/emo/nu bands on wacken - this is yours buisness. but i don't accept it
You see - music is a form of art and every form of art has tendency to evolve into new forms. Some people are just to narrow minded to accept new stuff. I know some guys who claim that "there was nothing worth of hearing since 1982" and they even not ready to give at a try.
What is your problem with "core" bands. BTW, hardcore is one of the oldest heavy music styles - since beginning of 80's. And it can be sometimes more brutal then some death metal I know. And to the modern deathcore and metalcore - there are absolutely some very talented bands there. Just check out Whitechapel, All Shall Perish, As i Lay Dying. Unfortunately this year we have pathetic clowns as BFMV and Calejjon (whatever the name is). As for the modern types of metal - I would love to see Lamb of God and Devildriver on stage and it would be a massacre.
And for the last in the list - nu and emo. This crap should be shoot down 10 kilometers away before it even gets close to Wacken. This is a disgrace for distortion music.

Don't get me wrong - I'm 16 years into metal and I totally would break my neck while headbanging to polish metal machines as Vader, Behemoth, Decapitated or Dies Irae.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com
i know some nu/hv hc bands and i agree that there are some good bands i would like to see at wacken but.

i don't feel it;]

they can paly faster, louder and harder but this is not what i like. so for me, there are too many HC bands addiotionaly at low music level. (like GWAR omg)

so, we will see. if this retroemo will arrive to wacken i will cut myself to pieces

MasaTheSlayer

14 Jan. 2009
Im also bit annoyed.
There is only 3 bands that i havent ever seen live and maybe 3 more bands that im really interested. I dont know but really seems like band selection goes down and prices go up from year to year.
And it is also 20 Anaversity so where is those special bands or good bans?!!? at Hellfest? :confused:

Napalm Death, In Flames, Kampfar and Turisas was on 2007
Amon Amarth, Mötorhead, In Extremo, Korpiklaani was on 2006

:mad:

Come on! Theres more REALLY great bands in the world.

I really hope wacken organizators have some aces on the sleeve or this will be worst wacken on years... band wise that is.

WTF now Airbourne is confirmed AND THEY WERE wacken on last year! FUCK!