Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Bloodwork

20 Feb. 2009
Paderborn
www.myspace.com
I'd say let's wait a bit longer until we can judge the lineup. Not much for me yet either, but a lot still to come. On the othe rhand: how do you expect an awesome lineup when a festival is sold out before even 10% of the billing is officiall? Wouldn't be a surprise if they settle for cheaper bands and safe the big guns for another year (if ticket sales will ever drop off, even if I doubt that)

unknownone

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
I just hope they add most of the bands in Metalway, Spain. Just look at this:

AMON AMARTH
APOCALYPTICA
BARÓN ROJO
BLACK STONE CHERRY
BLIND GUARDIAN
CANDLEMASS
DARK TRANQUILITY
DESTRUCTION
EPICA
EUROPE
HEAVEN AND HELL
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT
HOLYHELL
IMMORTAL
JON OLIVA'S PAIN
MANOWAR
MOONSPELL
MOTÖRHEAD
OPETH
PRETTY MAIDS
PRIMAL FEAR
QUEENSRŸCHE
RIOT ("Thundersteel" lineup)
SABATAN
SAMAEL
SAXON
STRATOVARIUS
TESLA
THE CANNIBAL QUEEN
WARCRY
WARLOCK (original lineup)
W.A.S.P.

Now, if you add that with this

Accept (?) / U.D.O.
Amon Amarth
Axel Rudi Pell
Epica
Gamma Ray
GWAR
HammerFall
Heaven & Hell
In Extremo
In Flames
Korpiklaani
Machine Head
Motörhead
Napalm Death
Nevermore
Pain
Rage
Saxon (?)
Testament
Turisas
UFO
Volbeat
Warlock (?) / Doro
Whiplash

It would be the best line-up ever! However there are still black and death metal bands missing lol

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008

AMON AMARTH
APOCALYPTICA
BARÓN ROJO
BLACK STONE CHERRY
BLIND GUARDIAN
CANDLEMASS
DARK TRANQUILITY
DESTRUCTION
EPICA
EUROPE
HEAVEN AND HELL
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT
HOLYHELL
IMMORTAL
JON OLIVA'S PAIN
MANOWAR
MOONSPELL
MOTÖRHEAD
OPETH
PRETTY MAIDS
PRIMAL FEAR
QUEENSRŸCHE
SABATAN
SAMAEL
SAXON
STRATOVARIUS
TESLA
THE CANNIBAL QUEEN
WARCRY
W.A.S.P.

Where did you get this from? Or was it just fictional? If not: great line-up!

What I just want to add is: The organisation should get its ass up and confirm some names! ;)

Highlander87

27 Jan. 2008
Nürnberg
www.musik-sammler.de

AMON AMARTH
APOCALYPTICA
BARÓN ROJO
BLACK STONE CHERRY
BLIND GUARDIAN
CANDLEMASS
DARK TRANQUILITY
DESTRUCTION
EPICA
EUROPE
HEAVEN AND HELL
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT
HOLYHELL
IMMORTAL
JON OLIVA'S PAIN
MANOWAR
MOONSPELL
MOTÖRHEAD
OPETH
PRETTY MAIDS
PRIMAL FEAR
QUEENSRŸCHE
SABATAN
SAMAEL
SAXON
STRATOVARIUS
TESLA
THE CANNIBAL QUEEN
WARCRY
W.A.S.P.

:eek: If I only had time to go on holiday in Spain... :(

bier_baron

6 Aug. 2008

AMON AMARTH
APOCALYPTICA
BARÓN ROJO
BLACK STONE CHERRY
BLIND GUARDIAN
CANDLEMASS
DARK TRANQUILITY
DESTRUCTION
EPICA
EUROPE
HEAVEN AND HELL
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT
HOLYHELL
IMMORTAL
JON OLIVA'S PAIN
MANOWAR
MOONSPELL
MOTÖRHEAD
OPETH
PRETTY MAIDS
PRIMAL FEAR
QUEENSRŸCHE
SABATAN
SAMAEL
SAXON
STRATOVARIUS
TESLA
THE CANNIBAL QUEEN
WARCRY
W.A.S.P.

mhh, great line-up, but how much you must pay for this?

Jacklalanne

1 Jan. 2009
Essen
The Early Bird for Metalway in Spain is 100 Euro incl. camping and parking. That's how it should be like. Awesome price. :D

T

Tilo

I won't say this is a bad lineup. And it isn't a cheap lineup either, i suppose. And it mostly IS a Metal lineup. Everbody's been talking about last years Graspop, and now look wath THEY did for this year. THAT is a commercial, Nu/Pop-Metal thing.

Nevertheless, I personnally am a bit disappointed, if you look at my signature, I've got some suggestions, most of them would be possible, but very few around yet.

I think the main problem is that we all 've been expecting a faster annoucing of bands. Many of us expected Metallica or another huge headliner to be announced soon. Or we expected the promised Best-Of lineup, which did not really come either. Some of us still miss the very extremes, I personally don't care about that that much, but I can't imagine there not beiing at least one big band for each death and black metal. It just CAN'T be..

The point is, they don't had to mind about the ticket sales going to slow. Speeding it up any further would have cost them a lot of credibility and I hope they noticed that.. yeah I still hope.. they must think something about announcing bands only one by one and many obscure bands at first.. I don't think it will turn out a bad line-up in the end. Sure, it depends on personel taste , I see a lot of my wishes will stay unfullfilled, but that doesen't mean it's a bad lineup.

Well, we can only be patient. Going into rage now isn't good for anything..

guys 41 bands left...
and there are so much good bands in the line up right now and much will follow :D

These posts actually express completely what I was thinking when I read the title of this thread.
I'm a bit disappointed, too, because there are quite a bit bands which I don't even know and didn't expect to be in the line up for this year - but there are still plenty of bands to be announced, so I think that you can expect some very big acts. There are about four months left until the festival starts, so I think that the statement "This is the worst lineup ever" is a bit exaggerated. We'll just have to wait and see.

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com

AMON AMARTH
APOCALYPTICA
BARÓN ROJO
BLACK STONE CHERRY
BLIND GUARDIAN
CANDLEMASS
DARK TRANQUILITY
DESTRUCTION
EPICA
EUROPE
HEAVEN AND HELL
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT
HOLYHELL
IMMORTAL
JON OLIVA'S PAIN
MANOWAR
MOONSPELL
MOTÖRHEAD
OPETH
PRETTY MAIDS
PRIMAL FEAR
QUEENSRŸCHE
SABATAN
SAMAEL
SAXON
STRATOVARIUS
TESLA
THE CANNIBAL QUEEN
WARCRY
W.A.S.P.

ya... but still no death/thrash this holidays look boring

6 Juni 2008
i just read few of the answers to that threat
i just wanne commit my same way of thinking
im quite pissed of the awful line up , it sucks ass , ass and even more ass
the last year was untoppable anyway but even the year before was quite as good as the last one
cannibal corpse , black dahlia murder , carcass , at the gates , hatesphere , immortal , kreator and so on ... lotsa great bands the last 2 years were filled with and now i don't see anything interesting instead of nevermore
what did we diserve that with ><
please woa-team solve that problem

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
I'm always just thinking "How can they add 30 € and present this line-up?" The billing is "ok", could have been much worse. But 1. this is WACKEN 2. and it's damn expensive. This much more than dissappointing...and that's in my opinion why everyone is waiting for the big, big surprise. (I'd even say 1 surprise is not enough, if you look at this prize...)

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
I'm always just thinking "How can they add 30 € and present this line-up?" The billing is "ok", could have been much worse. But 1. this is WACKEN 2. and it's damn expensive. This much more than dissappointing...and that's in my opinion why everyone is waiting for the big, big surprise. (I'd even say 1 surprise is not enough, if you look at this prize...)

They have ~30 bands confirmed, so they'll have ~50 still to confirm. I hope it'll get much better. There are some good bands in the billing, but it's not enough for this price and not enough for the amount of tickets sold. They're getting at least ten million Euros from the tickets they sold. They could pay a 20 hour Metallica show from that money. :D Not that I consider this a good idea, it's just to point out how much money they got from us.

Chirum

25 Feb. 2009
Well, BFMV is shit. I agree. But there are 50 bands to confirm, it´s soon.

That Metalway line-up it´s completely true (I´m spanish, so I know it). Amazing. And we are having Lorca rock festival also:

* AKERCOCKE
* ARCH ENEMY
* CARCASS
* DARK FUNERAL
* EVILE
* MARDUK
* MESHUGGAH
* MUNICIPAL WASTE
* OBITUARY
* PESTILENCE

55€. What a wonderful hollydays in Spain... xD