RUMORS FOR 2009

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rscruickshank

19 März 2008
Edinburgh
Like I said, Schandmaul is confirmed, and I read that Axel Rudi Pell is also confirmed, but I have not seen a source of that yet

Axel Rudi Pell confirmed they would be attending when they had to pull out this year. They explained that it was a case of being double-booked, and to make up for it would be the first band to confirm for 2009.

So they'll probly headline a night, like with Lordi this year after pulling out last year.

metal_martin

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Reading through these I am surprised that EdGuy haven't had a mention.

Avantasia were fa ntastic last year, almost upstaging Maiden as the band of the festival IMHO. EdGuy also have a new Album out - so you would have thought Wacken was a strong possibility for them.

KISS are touring Europe again :) (KISS at Wacken would be awesome!!)

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
I enjoyed Avantasia but their sound was beyond terrible. You couldn't hear Jorn singing for the whole The Scarecrow song and his mic was low every other time he sang.

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
But with a huge name like AC/DC or Metallica, you'll have a good portion of the crowd there to see one band with nothing else to do for 3 days except blow shit up and make videos of themselves smashing tents to put on youtube. Just seems to me like it would be better to have a smaller name like Saxon, Kreator, or even Judas Priest than to deal with a huge crowd of outsiders who wouldn't be there otherwise. Not to mention it's downright disrespectful to the other smaller bands when you have a percentage of the crowd there for only one act. How can Wacken continue getting a bunch of great bands if they get a name for themselves as a festival where you're ignored by half the crowd if you're not a headlining band? Maybe I'm wrong, that's just my take on signing huge bands.

I think that is why they are waiting untill all the tickets are sold to announce the headliners.

carbine12

21 Sep. 2008
i saw kiss at download this year
they wernt bad but the show they put on was better than the music
eg the fireworks and the tickertape + the flames

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
i saw kiss at download this year
they wernt bad but the show they put on was better than the music
eg the fireworks and the tickertape + the flames

Saw KISS at Download and at Stockholm and they were awesome both times - as a speciacle and musically. I have now seen KISS four times and they are my top four gigs by a loong way. Rock and Roll All Nite at Download was fantastic.

Sound at the start of Avantasia was poor - but I didn't think it was poor once it got sorted.

Edguy, Rammstein, KISS that'll do me. AC/DC would be tops too.

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
I honestly hope there isnt any big bands like AC/DC or Metallica , As much as I like those bands I rather the headliner be Blind Guardian. I saw a lot of people leaving Saturday morning last year, I was assuming they were just there to see Maiden and stayed for one more day. I wonder if the speculation of a big huge headliner prompted a lot of people to buy tickets. I haven't bought mine yet because of money , planning on getting them the middle of January, which is really cutting it close. If it sells out before I will have to go the ebay route or from people that bought tickets with the belief that there will be one or two of these huge huge bands playing and become disappointed.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
I honestly hope there isnt any big bands like AC/DC or Metallica , As much as I like those bands I rather the headliner be Blind Guardian. I saw a lot of people leaving Saturday morning last year, I was assuming they were just there to see Maiden and stayed for one more day. I wonder if the speculation of a big huge headliner prompted a lot of people to buy tickets. I haven't bought mine yet because of money , planning on getting them the middle of January, which is really cutting it close. If it sells out before I will have to go the ebay route or from people that bought tickets with the belief that there will be one or two of these huge huge bands playing and become disappointed.

Seriously, I doubt the majority of people, myself included, who've already purchased tickets are hoping for the big-name headliner. Quite the opposite, I would think. The people who usually go anyway are probably buying their tix this far in advance IN CASE some big name gets announced and they want to make sure they've tickets. I think it's better this way. If Metallica get announced, there won't be enough tickets left for the casual fan, thank fuck. Yeah, the place seemed a lot emptier after Maiden played but I'd rather people like that DID leave rather than hang around and moan that they can't understand what the singer's saying or some other shite.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
No way AC/DC will play. Too big. I'd still say Metallica's a good bet. They're even very much in the neighborhood tour-wise around that date. I'm actually starting to think Slayer might be a viable possibility this time around. Loks like they'll be touring in the summer. Heaven And Hell would be great.